( search forums )
Server maplists, and voting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
October 30, 2004, 7:21 pm
When I join a server, and it's on a map I dislike, my instinct would be to vote for a different map. Two problems arise:
1. I don't know which maps are on the server
2. All of the maps in my maps folder are also in the vote selection.

I suggest that the vote selection is from a list of all the maps on the server which can all be seen at once. I also think one of the f* keys should bring up a window showing the server maplist.

BManx2000
October 30, 2004, 7:52 pm
I was just going to suggest something like this. It's annoying when you don't know if that map you have is on the server or not.

Jap_man
October 31, 2004, 1:55 am
yea, I'm with this idea, it'd be making map voting much easier

Skate4Razors
October 31, 2004, 3:24 am
Or, you could just download the map from the server while your in it. I know you can download it if your off the server, but I hate it when I get kicked and have to rejoin! [:p]

BManx2000
October 31, 2004, 3:35 am
That should be a seperate suggestion, since it's not really related to this one.

November 1, 2004, 5:33 pm
This is the kind of thing I had in mind:

[IMAGE]

Anyone else supporting me on this idea?

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 1, 2004, 5:45 pm
I support this idea to the fullest, its annoying when everyone votes yes on a custom map, and nothing happens.

G2KT
November 1, 2004, 6:19 pm
Agreed.

Pulp
November 3, 2004, 4:01 am
Good idea...

This option should be added in the next version...

LazehBoi
November 3, 2004, 8:56 pm
I'm for this, it would be great.
I also had a suggestion for this but it was too small to make a topic about it, whenever someone calls a vote now, you don't know who it is... So when someone calls a vote, it should say in the console "(namehere) called a map/kick vote" so you can stop people from abusing the votes...