( search forums )
(a good) Voting System Improvement
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MikeShinoda.pheonix
October 31, 2004, 7:29 am
Have you ever been in a server and someone keeps making that lil annoying vote kick or vote map box come up? well, i have, and its quite bothersome. There needs to be a limit to the amount of times a person can make that vote box come up. Im very tired right now and am just getting around to posting this so i cant think of any good ideas. Maybe like 3 vote requests every session. Or 3 every ten or 15 minutes. I dont know anymore ideas, thats what you are for.

arC
October 31, 2004, 8:43 am
Well it's already been made so that you can't vote for someone after u have, for 1:30 mins. But the main problem here is the % needed to kick. Once thats fixed it should be fine.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
October 31, 2004, 6:46 pm
Im talking about making that box come up.

Alamo
November 1, 2004, 3:39 pm
Yeah. We need a server-side option to choose the percentage of yes votes and a limit like MikeShinoda.pheonix explained... at least i think so :).

bintz2000
November 1, 2004, 9:44 pm
there is a server-side command to choose the percentage i think it's "/vote% number". If that doesn't work you can change it in soldat.ini In my opinion the default should be way higher. when i looked at mine after downloading 1.2.1, the original percent was 33!

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 1, 2004, 11:38 pm
He isn't talking about the kick percentage, he is talking about how he wants to be able to disable the option box that comes up, or at least make it smaller or something

bintz2000
November 2, 2004, 1:30 am
I know i was replying to what Alamo said

Michal
November 2, 2004, 3:11 am
I don't really have a problem with the box coming up, I just take a little more time to choose something if I'm busy shooting.

die nadel
November 2, 2004, 4:28 am
yeah i think the box is fine, but there needs to be something to indicate the percentage of yes votes and no votes, maybe something like the voting system in tribes?

kkazican
November 3, 2004, 3:06 am
I think the player's name who casted the vote shoudl be stated. So instead of constantly getting
Vote Kick kkazican
Vote Kick fabmanx
Vote Kick Dathker
Vote Kick FliesLikeABrick

It will state
|_|B3r1337/\/0o|3
Has Voted To Kick kkazican

At least that way people can vote to kick the spammer.