( search forums )
Polygon and scenery 'shadow' problem.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
elicaro
October 31, 2004, 10:14 am
Hi, i've got this weird problem and I don't know how to upload an image. Anyway the poligons send off like a prolongation of their edges into other polygons and the background (like if you selected one in mapmaker), and the players and the scenery give off a wierd shadow. I'll try to explain what the problem is with some pathetic ascii art:

See the triangle? Well it's edges shouldn't go off like that. Ignore the dots, this forum hates me and it doesn't let me put two or more consecutive spaces.
....\/
..../\
.../..\
__/____\__
./......\

b00stA
October 31, 2004, 1:09 pm
Just take a screenshot and upload it to www.imageshack.us
Maybe you mean polygon smoothing? You can turn that off in config.exe > Performance > Render smooth polygons

elicaro
October 31, 2004, 4:33 pm
[IMAGE]

And I just noticed it's in the mapmaker too (and when I zoom out it gets worse). This doesn't happen in older versions tho. I tried all the options and all the combinations (antialiasing/dithering/smooth polygons/texture rendering styles) possible without any luck. Could someone please say anything? Anything? Help?

Michal Marcinkowski
November 1, 2004, 4:07 pm
This is wierd. Did you change your graphics drivers lately? What is your card?

kongzer
November 1, 2004, 4:37 pm
i had the exact same problem a while ago and nothing i changed the config file for soldat (graphic wise) would fix it, i lived with it for about 2 months, but then when i downloaded the newest ATI Catalyst drivers, and bumped up all of the graphic options in soldat config to max. it was gone.

So id suggest trying that if you have an ati card, if you have a different card, try increasing all soldat graphic options to max.