( search forums )
Modifications
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Chan_Fan
October 31, 2004, 4:39 pm
i did not make any mods on my copy of soldat but ever since i downloaded 1.2.1 its doesn't work. Im reinstalling it right now. should work.

Liber_Lupus
October 31, 2004, 4:45 pm
Reinstall it, check if it works and THEN post. And why doesn't your soldat work?

brickman
October 31, 2004, 8:59 pm
I think I have whatever problem he has, but didn't get it right away. After playing 1.2.1 a few times it suddenly said that I had modified ani files. "Cannot play with modified animations. Please reinstall." I had used the patch to update, so I tried just rerunning the updater program again before actually going and downloading the full installer, but the screwed up files are not within the updater. I know I haven't modified any animations, I don't even know how.
As an interesting side note, I AM abke to start a lan game with bots, on a custom map no less, and didn't notice any animation problems. And in the game before it screwed up there was a weird thing where one guy on my team had a uniform for the opposite team and was counted as being there on the player list, even though he was actually being treated as being on my team. Others also saw him wearing red, because I wasn't the only one shooting at him, but he didn't realise anything was wrong and thought I was an idiot for trying to blow him up. Just in case there's a link. . .

bintz2000
November 2, 2004, 1:17 am
I'd do a full install not the patch update. Also brickman, that is a known bug it will be fixed if you disconnect and rejoin the server. That's what i do and then it works fine.