( search forums )
How do you view the demos?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
p3s0n
November 1, 2004, 1:30 am
How do you view sdm video files? What program do you use to view them with and edit them with?

Skate4Razors
November 1, 2004, 1:33 am
Move this into Need Help? Report Bugs!. What you do is download the Diamond Demo Player, or something like that... Click here for a site to download it from. If you want to make them into videos and things, get fraps, http://fraps.com I think that's all you need to know... [:p]

p3s0n
November 1, 2004, 1:34 am
ok thank you.

b00stA
November 1, 2004, 1:38 am
Need Help? Report Bugs! --> Sticky: [url="http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=14044">Common Bugs, Problems, Questions etc list -->
quote:I've recorded them, now how do I play them?

We've had quite a few people asking how to play the demos they have recorded. For that there is the excellent Diamond Demo Player created by Pr0ger.

Extract the file in to the Soldat Directory and run it from there. Most people then create a shortcut to it on their desktop.
Is it really that hard?

p3s0n
November 1, 2004, 1:38 am
wait is there a way to convert them to like avi's or wma's or anything?

b00stA
November 1, 2004, 1:40 am
You can use the Diamond Demo Player to extract the demo to a series of Bitmaps.. afterwards you can use a tool named Bitmap2Avi to convert it a real video.

Or you just use Fraps to capture the demos while they're playing. You will have to re-encode the created video files afterwards because they're quite big.

Skate4Razors
November 1, 2004, 1:48 am
You can also use Windows Movie Maker if you want to make a movie and add cool effects. I'm not sure where you can download it though... There's also other programs but I think WMM is the easiest! [:D]

p3s0n
November 1, 2004, 2:07 am
HOW DO YOU EXTRACT THE VIDEO INTO BMPS? THEN WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE BMP2AVI PROGRAM?

p3s0n
November 1, 2004, 2:11 am
quote:Originally posted by p3s0nHOW DO YOU EXTRACT THE VIDEO INTO BMPS? THEN WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE BMP2AVI PROGRAM?

well? is anyone going to tell me!?

Skate4Razors
November 1, 2004, 2:17 am
Don't double post. Try looking on google, im sure you know the link to that, lol. Or you can try, http://downloads.com [xx(]

p3s0n
November 1, 2004, 2:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Skate4RazorsDon't double post. Try looking on google, im sure you know the link to that, lol. Or you can try, http://downloads.com [xx(]

u still havent answered on extracting the movies into bmps or having fraps record the demo while its playing.

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
November 1, 2004, 2:58 am
RTFM.

Soldat can do that by itself.

If you want to watch a demo just put the file in the /demos directory, open soldat, type in the file name (minus the extension) into the server IP feild, set the port to 0 and then click Join Game.

Denacke
November 1, 2004, 11:16 am
quote:Soldat\Demos\Extracted\ - This is were the extracted BMPs from Soldat SDM files are placed.
More information in the Soldat manual.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Demo files usage:
- Soldat.exe -demo name (freecam speed notexts extract)
(runs the game and plays the demo specified by name. Optional paramaters are:
freecam (0/1) - the user can freely change the camera (default 0)
speed (0-...%)- how quick the playback will be specified in percents (default 100%)
notexts (0/1) - no texts, menus or cursor will be displayed during playback (default 100%)
extract (0/1) - extracts the demo to BMP files (default 0). Later they can be used to make an AVI file in a program like "Bmp2Avi".
The sound can be extracted with a program like "Total Recorder". Please note that this can take time and is not recommended on slower systems. For better results specify lower speed (like 50%).
example:
Soldat.exe -demo demo12
Soldat.exe -demo demo19 1 200 1 0
)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Litterally from soldat/demos/extracted/info.txt
I don't get why people do all the effort to go to a forum instead of just opening a txt file :)

b00stA
November 1, 2004, 1:18 pm
<+kritical> christin: you need to learn how to figure out stuff yourself..
<+Christin1> how do i do that

Kazuki
November 1, 2004, 1:32 pm
Heh. I don't get it. Why doesn't anyone ever read the stickies? :( Anyway, I think your questions have been answered.

Next time you need help, post in the "Need Help? Report Bugs!" forums. :)

Alamo
November 1, 2004, 1:36 pm
Sorry, but this guy is a moron.
1. you don't read stickies
2. you dont rtfm
3. you write in caps
4. you double post 4 minutes after the caps post
5. you don't do what you are told. DDM has an option to extract to .bmp. If someone tells you to download it to resolve your problem, why don't you do that? ARGH.