( search forums )
the future of mods
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TheRelinquished
November 1, 2004, 4:18 am
So a new version of Soldat is out, and because of that, the mods that we once used are no longer any good. Sad? I think so. So what will be the future of mods? And when will that future come?

So I guess the point of this is just to get some brainstorming over the new mod-ing possibilities there are. Just want to know what the people think.

G2KT
November 1, 2004, 4:39 am
You can still use older mods... I am.

KiLLBoT
November 1, 2004, 4:46 am
Yeah nothing about the gfx system has changed so the old mods can still be used ;Q

Teh Panda
November 1, 2004, 5:16 am
Why do you think old mods aint working anymore?

Skate4Razors
November 1, 2004, 11:12 am
It's just like reinstalling Soldat v1.2 over again. The mods stay, atleast for me they do...

TheRelinquished
November 1, 2004, 4:10 pm
That's very strange. My friend and I haven't been able to use mods on the new version of Soldat. I suppose I'll just try reintegrating them.

_Mancer_
November 1, 2004, 7:45 pm
Now that theirs bullet time, I can definently see a matrix mod in the future.

iLLskiLLs
November 1, 2004, 8:36 pm
man, When i first downloaded 1.2.1 I already had a mod I was using. It worked fine untill yesterday. it reads -Cannot play with modified animations.. For any and Every mod I use. had to Re-install and havent tried other mods again, yet.

_Mancer_
November 1, 2004, 10:03 pm
Reinstall soldat, ills, this happened to me too and a lot of other people.

Michal
November 1, 2004, 11:06 pm
I didn't have any problems with mods...

Tha Doggfather
November 1, 2004, 11:24 pm
It has something to do with the time, the clock got set back from 3 AM to 2 AM 2 days ago (or was it 3, i cant remember), at least boosta told me it was like that.

Just reinstall soldat and make sure everything is gone before you do so (delete the whole soldat folder), worked for me and everybody else so far.

die nadel
November 2, 2004, 4:17 am
i didn't have to delete all my soldat files, i just reinstalled over it so i didn't lose all my maps.
and i agree with mancer, a matrix mod would be a good idea now that there is bullet time

Sprocket
November 2, 2004, 10:28 am
i have like 500mb's with soldat stuff.
and i have no problems with mods that were made for 1.1.5 (henchin)

so you're all talking bull [:-censored]

Michal Marcinkowski
November 2, 2004, 10:46 am
Version 1.2 mods should work without problems. Nothing has changed in the files.

BManx2000
November 2, 2004, 2:38 pm
He probably installed soldat 1.2.1 over 1.2 and when the mod he was using disappeared, he thought "ONOES MY MOD ARE GONE!!!11!1!"

Inquisitor
November 2, 2004, 3:08 pm
if you use the mod changer, this might happen.

just deactivate the mods before changing anything soldat relartd

Dathker
November 3, 2004, 2:44 am
heh... they work for me :)

-Shady-
November 3, 2004, 4:37 am
i was gonna make a happy mod along time ago but i got bored :( it was very funny tho...

I might start it up again...

TheRelinquished
November 3, 2004, 10:04 pm
I had previously made a backup file for my soldat info so I simply implanted the old mod files into the new soldat folder one file/folder at a time. It's pretty easy.

I think that there are some mods that effect certain files in a way that conflicts with the new program. Perhaps such as the minigun animations. The spread on that weapon was changed, afterall.

Just guessing.

Cookie.
November 4, 2004, 12:20 am
i was just using modified gostek and weapon graphics
and then i got whammed with the cannot play with modified animations please reinstall
so i did and reinstalled the game and mod and all is well O_O

BManx2000
November 4, 2004, 12:29 am
Somebody said that was a problem with daylight savings time.