( search forums )
Crazy graphics
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Dustpuppy
November 1, 2004, 4:21 pm
The Soldat menu screens all run perfectly, but when I start a game the graphics are badly messed up. The background seems to alternate between bright pink and green. I can see the outlines of walls but they aren't filled. Players and objects seem to render OK.
I've tried messing around with different settings but with no luck - Force Software removes the strange colouring but the walls still aren't filled (and it runs very slowly).
I've also had a look through this forum but couldn't find anything - can anyone help?

b00stA
November 1, 2004, 4:28 pm
Could you please post a screenshot?
use www.imageshack.us to upload it

Dustpuppy
November 1, 2004, 4:39 pm
I was originally going to add a screenshot but it doesn't capture the weird colours - here's the wall bug though.[URL]

Aegis
November 2, 2004, 1:40 am
If I had to take a guess at it, I would venture your display card isn't doing transparency correct. Make sure you have the latest drivers, and check to make sure your card isn't one of the ones cited to commonly have problems in the Soldat FAQ at www.soldat.pl/

But then, I don't have a clue if this is your exact problem.

Sprocket
November 2, 2004, 9:58 am
you try to play a map that is missing a texture.

b00stA
November 2, 2004, 1:44 pm
What kind of graphic card do you have? What drivers?
Did you overclock it?

Dustpuppy
November 2, 2004, 9:03 pm
I'm running on a laptop, the card is an NVIDIA GeForce FX5600. I think the drivers are up-to-date but I'll check.
I'm pretty sure I've run Soldat on this laptop before but I'm not 100% certain.