( search forums )
Reverse Advance Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
malone
November 1, 2004, 5:34 pm
I like Advance Mode in the new version of Soldat, but it seems a bit backwards to me. The good players get given the better weapons to deal out carnage with, whilst the sucky players get stuck with the pistols. Doesnt seem too great for balance.

I'd like to see a mode where its reversed. Everyone starts off being able to choose from all the weapons. But the more frags you get the smaller your choice becomes, until you're trying to get that last elusive frag with just a chainsaw. Would make it more challenging for good players, and more fun for bad ones.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 1, 2004, 5:43 pm
That sounds fun, but sometimes, it might get frustrating. But still, I really like this idea, you're actually a newb with good ideas :P

G2KT
November 1, 2004, 6:15 pm
Sounds fun to me... Would give the legit players a challenge.

Deleted User
November 1, 2004, 7:37 pm
I. LOVE. YOU.

Awesome idea!

Deleted User
November 1, 2004, 7:51 pm
Great idea. :)

Soulsnipa
November 1, 2004, 7:53 pm
good

DeMonIc
November 1, 2004, 7:58 pm
Funkeh, me likes ^_____________^

Michal
November 1, 2004, 8:36 pm
Good idea [8D]

bintz2000
November 1, 2004, 9:49 pm
I don't know about going all the way to only using a chainsaw but good idea

Magniitude
November 1, 2004, 10:20 pm
Very good idea. It's hard when you keep getting killed and lose your weapon selections.

brickman
November 1, 2004, 11:29 pm
Genius! Sounds like tons of fun. Whether you're the guy winning and you have to eventually whittle yourself down to just having a socom or the other guy who judges which opponenets he least wants to risk giving a kill to by who has the crappiest weapon, it sound like a great turnabout. I have found that advance mode as it is is extremely sucky, because aside from people going in and out most players simply cannot get a real weapon. If I earn the 3 kills to get a minimi, someone else just lost his spas, and for him to earn himself a seyr he has to make me lose my eagles. It just sounds really illogical, and it also doe not lead to anything good with less than 4 people. And its impossible to join a game with advance mode-- not only are you behind 15 kills from the start, but you are trying to catch up with a knife against a bunch of real guns. This would be the opposite.

HK-47
November 2, 2004, 12:10 am
This idea is great. It would balance vets and rookies perfectly ,but I do think that the last weapons you can only use is all the secondarys(starting weapons for reg advance mode). It would make sense since its reverse and plus you can barely kill anyone with saw. All they have to do is run away and shoot you. >_<;;
Other then that, awesome idea. I currently dont like the normal adv mode because of unbalance but this would be much better.

die nadel
November 2, 2004, 4:29 am
good idea, sounds like it would be hard for skilled players such as myself :P
good way to level the playing field

that fuking sniper
November 2, 2004, 4:39 am
Aye, a good suggestion. I'm in favor and would like to see this on the next update (already talking like it's supposed to be out by now :P).

F3nyx
November 2, 2004, 4:49 am
AWESOME idea! Advance mode is interesting, but your idea sounds about 10x better. I'd play that...

Kexman
November 2, 2004, 10:59 pm
ummm ... fight to get worse weapons? I don't know...
it sure would balance the players in a kind of way, but ... i'd rather say no.

don't hurt me! ...

Famine
November 2, 2004, 11:10 pm
Amazing, lets add a new mode when you dont even need a mode to play this. Simple, start a regular game, and play with a chainsaw while the others chooses other weapons. Wow!

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 3, 2004, 3:14 am
Famine, you don't understand what he was trying to say....

What he meant is, that as you get more and more kills, instead of getting more weapons to choose from, you get less. That way, your enemies can catch up to you in kills, and make things more interesting. Of course, if you are good with all the weapons, then you'll still beat them.

kkazican
November 3, 2004, 3:40 am
Yeah I get what you mean A+.

The Geologist
November 3, 2004, 4:57 am
What can I say that hasn't already been said? Great suggestion. It actually adds a challenge to the game instead of having one quick kill fest. Good job!

Rambo_6
November 6, 2004, 7:47 am
Me likes this new idea, advance mode just sucks.

frogboy
November 6, 2004, 8:03 am
I concur with everyone else -- great idea.

Boer
November 6, 2004, 10:45 am
What about a Predator mode where the last player on the list is the predator?
like in ,I think, Unreal tournament 2004? or maby he could be an alien, like running up walls, diffrent skin , starting bulletproof vest etc..maby an alien skin!
That will also balance the game?

Zegovia
November 6, 2004, 8:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by BoerWhat about a Predator mode where the last player on the list is the predator?
like in ,I think, Unreal tournament 2004? or maby he could be an alien, like running up walls, diffrent skin , starting bulletproof vest etc..maby an alien skin!
That will also balance the game?

make it short, One player with constant predator mode that changes to another the next round or when he gets killed (randomly of course).......

Arsenic
November 6, 2004, 11:35 pm
I remember thinking of something like this when I first heard of Advance mode. It always seemed reversed to me, too. Should definetly be implemented.

Kazuki
November 7, 2004, 1:22 am
Very nice idea. :D Props to Malone. This would still have the same concept as Advance Mode, that being the inability to choose from all weapons. I'd love having the pressure of trying to get my last kill with a secondary, chainsaw being the best challenge.

Inquisitor
November 7, 2004, 9:32 am
we should ask michal why he created advance mode in this direction.
on the one hand your idea sounds more fair to me, but on the other hand i usually play advance mode cuz i like the feeling of getting 'paid' for playing good. this wouldn't be there anymore.
maybe it's just a psycological reason, why advanced mode was created the way it is.

Messiah
November 7, 2004, 3:15 pm
Good idea :)

Famine
November 7, 2004, 4:07 pm
No Leo YOU dont understand. DONT MAKE THIS MODE because you can just go into a DM and use a chainsaw while everyone else uses reg. weapons, it is the same idea just that you dont have to make a new mode. We dont need a mod that limits the guns AFTER you can choose which ones you want, since you can already do it with out wasting mike's time.

Dark_Noddy
November 7, 2004, 4:33 pm
Brilliant ! hehe

Deleted User
November 7, 2004, 4:54 pm
Famine, are you retarded or are you just plain stupid?

Famine
November 8, 2004, 3:33 am
NO! Now [IMAGE]ing listen to my ME!
I will try to say is slower.

His idea is to make is so EVERYONE can choose any weapon. When you get more kills you loose the choice of weapons. Making it so you have to kill people with a chainsaw while they can use other guns.

IF you want to kill people with a chainsaw, then go into a DM server and everyone will use other weapons while you use the chainsaw. NO NEW MODE NEEDED. AMAZING!

Luruvid
November 8, 2004, 1:45 pm
Ye it would be great...but perhaps u would keep 1 wep or something... the 1 that u have used most... i dunno perhaps?

Melba
November 8, 2004, 7:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by LuruvidYe it would be great...but perhaps u would keep 1 wep or something... the 1 that u have used most... i dunno perhaps?

but then the whole idea would mean [:-censored].

Kimball
November 8, 2004, 7:57 pm
Wow famine you really are thick. Im sure somone else will come about and explain why your imput is both illogical and ignorant. I personally dont have the time and i feel like your the kind of person who just wont listen no matter what.

Deleted User
November 8, 2004, 8:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by FamineNO! Now [IMAGE]ing listen to my ME!
I will try to say is slower.

His idea is to make is so EVERYONE can choose any weapon. When you get more kills you loose the choice of weapons. Making it so you have to kill people with a chainsaw while they can use other guns.

IF you want to kill people with a chainsaw, then go into a DM server and everyone will use other weapons while you use the chainsaw. NO NEW MODE NEEDED. AMAZING!

Still don't understand eh? The point of this mode would be to make it more challenging for the better players and give some chances to those newbies. I don't think anyone goes and kills and then uses chainsaw for a while to make it easier for other people to catch up.

ArmadonRK
November 8, 2004, 10:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by FamineNo Leo YOU dont understand. DONT MAKE THIS MODE because you can just go into a DM and use a chainsaw while everyone else uses reg. weapons, it is the same idea just that you dont have to make a new mode. We dont need a mod that limits the guns AFTER you can choose which ones you want, since you can already do it with out wasting mike's time.

But this is not just for the good players seeking a challenge. What are the bad players meant to do? They have no way to improve the fun in Soldat for them. Ina match like malone suggested, this would force the good players to use weaker weapons, so the newbies can havae a chance. It's not like they can go up to someone and say, "Hey, you're winning, so could you please use a weaker weapon on me?" Cause it won't work.
The fact is, this forces people to behave the way the game wants, and that's the beauty of it. Just using a weak weapon on yur own is a good idea, but, like I said, it doesn't benefit the weak players.

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 9:36 am
i like the idea it so cool so if your winning and you need 1 more kill you would be forced to use a STUPID(no offence to knife users) knife

IDF-RIPsta
December 4, 2004, 10:28 am
What if I don't die after my first weapon selection?

Do you want a mutual respawn after every kill?
(Is not possible when playing against more than 1 player).

Marine
December 4, 2004, 4:48 pm
A definite.

BMF
December 4, 2004, 4:56 pm
Famine is a slow guy, just keep explaning it to him, he will catch on sooner or later.

This is an AWESOME idea, I LOVE it. I cant wait till it gets implemented, so I can pwn everybody with Soccom. Man it's gonna be so sweet.

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 9:34 pm
i enjoy training n00bs so this is the perfect idea