( search forums )
Problems with Soldat 1.2.1 and nVidia drivers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
AuroEdge
November 1, 2004, 8:02 pm
Hi. I'm having problem playing Soldat 1.2.1 with the latest nVidia Geforce drivers (which are officially 61.77). I don't really know how to explain my problem so I took a screenshot

[IMAGE]

Please let me know if there's a fix for this!

AuroEdge
November 1, 2004, 9:00 pm
My guess is that there's a problem with resolution or something; I have no idea. If I go into the setup program for Soldat I can turn Video Compatibility on and video is sort of normal. However, performance is mediocre at best and no filters or anything else is on :\ so it looks really bad

FliesLikeABrick
November 2, 2004, 12:33 am
what started the problem? what did you do to onset it? get a new video card, just upgrade the drivers...?

AuroEdge
November 2, 2004, 2:22 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickwhat started the problem? what did you do to onset it? get a new video card, just upgrade the drivers...?

Basically, I started Soldat up after a while of not playing (a couple weeks at most) and got an error about custom animations. So I figured maybe Soldat had been updated. It had, so I uninstalled Soldat, rebooted, deleted my old Soldat dir, download Soldat 1.2.1, and installed Soldat 1.2.1. I fired the game up, and played yesterday. Today, I upgraded my drivers for my nVidia Geforce 2 MX card. Sadly I can't remember what my old drivers were, but they weren't more than a couple months old (at worst). And, basically Soldat hasn't worked since then. I've tried everything. I've uninstalled Soldat and the video drivers, rebooted, installed the drivers, rebooted, installed Soldat, rebooted... still having problems. I guess I could rollback my drivers, but I won't do that just yet since the only game not working is Soldat. I'm interested in seeing how many other people have this problem. I'm going to try the beta drivers at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_66.81.html

AuroEdge
November 2, 2004, 2:42 am
And.... my mishaps with 66.81:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Not nearly as messed up, but I consider how it looks and not being able to aim to the left a problem :\

kevith
November 2, 2004, 3:07 am
I have the same driver on my desktop and I've never had that problem. What video card do you have?

Michal
November 2, 2004, 3:25 am
Hmmm... I play with the latest drivers for an nVidia GEforce2MX and I don't have any trouble... Try screwing around with the video options.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 2, 2004, 10:48 am
You should backup your old drivers. Download any older driver and install it. I think you will have to first uninstall the video card. Newer drivers are not always better.

frogboy
November 2, 2004, 11:54 am
Anti-Aliasing causes that, I believe... do you have Anti-Aliasing enabled?

b00stA
November 2, 2004, 1:31 pm
Yes, it is caused by anti-aliasing.
I'm using a GeForce 2 Ti and after a certain update the anti-aliasing in Soldat won't work properly.
Right now I'm using an older version of the Omega Nvidia drivers:

Nvidia Omega Drivers 1.5672a (Forceware 56.72)
No problems with any games now.

AuroEdge
November 2, 2004, 9:22 pm
I turned anti-aliasing off and everything appeared to work except there were no textures. E.g. the ground would just be the outerframe kinda like in my screenshots above. I'll see if those nVidia Omega Drivers work out on my Geforce 2 MX. If anybody's curious, the drivers I'm using are the latest for 2k/XP which can be found at http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77 detonater pack. I'll try looking at the old trusty blue yonder FTP for some older drivers ftp://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/drivers/nvidia/detonators/winxp_2k/

EDIT: The omega drivers work! The latest ones don't, but the next version after that does. Neat!

Nebby
November 4, 2004, 9:06 pm
I had this too, mess around wiyth config.

It fixed it for me when i turned Anti-aliasing off.