( search forums )
Dedicated servers using custom maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Social Poison
November 2, 2004, 6:49 am
I'm really happy that the major dedicated servers have begun using so many custom maps. I was in ownage:inf today and played on a good five or six maps I had never seen before. In another couple of months we're all going to wonder how we played ctf_laos SOOO many times without getting bored.

Anyways... I just thought I'd throw that out. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks it's great. The mappers have to be lovin' it too.

Thanks for implementing the auto-download, Michael :)

Chakra
November 2, 2004, 6:50 am
Too true guv. If i see a dedicated server with custom maps, i'm going there even if the pings higher than the rest.

SigHunter
November 2, 2004, 10:02 am
mh, a thingy i would need is a thing that shows the mapname, for example when u press
f1 for stats... sometimes i realy like the maps but i dont know their names :(

Dathker
November 3, 2004, 2:48 am
yeh i like it so that way i dont' have to go searching to maps and shizzit

FliesLikeABrick
November 4, 2004, 2:31 pm
I just recently started introducing custom maps into my server and people are telling me that it is causing some major instabilities.

Soulsnipa
November 4, 2004, 6:33 pm
SML has 3 servers up...dedicated running custom maps.
--Occasionaly some other members may have one up too.

Also visit M@ (SML member)server he may have some running.

Pulp
November 4, 2004, 7:37 pm
quote:I just recently started introducing custom maps into my server and people are telling me that it is causing some major instabilities.

Yep, 'too many files open' as server-error, or 'wrong map version'-error for the players on the server, or 'map not found'-error...

WhiteDragon
November 7, 2004, 9:42 am
this means we better get map making ;) lol.

Deleted User
November 7, 2004, 12:18 pm
I sometimes dedicate my own server to get peeps to play my maps :p