( search forums )
usb ports
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
?
November 2, 2004, 9:07 pm
Well in the process of trying to dl the driver for my sound card I just figured, hey hook up your computer to the internet and all that jazz where the family computer is, but turns out all 4 of my usb ports would not work with the modem...... any idea about anything I can do free or cheap to my computer... btw if anyone knows where to find a SiS 7012 driver with plug and play upgrade please give me a link.. I had the driver my computer just needed the upgraded version

BManx2000
November 2, 2004, 10:52 pm
Ehh, your modem needs a USB port? Can't you get one that uses an ethernet port, or does your computer not have that either?

AerialAssault
November 2, 2004, 11:23 pm
GET.A.NEW.COMPUTER.

Magniitude
November 2, 2004, 11:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultGET.A.NEW.COMPUTER.

Getting a new comp isn't as easy as it seems. The better ones today can burn a quick hole through your wallet.

EDIT: BTW, what are your comp specs. Depending on what model you have, you may want to invest in a new one.

palloco
November 3, 2004, 1:01 pm
I dont get where is the relation with the sound card and the usb ports.
What is your OS? Win98? If so you may want to use another one since it has problems with usb ports

Noobile
November 3, 2004, 2:02 pm
USB->CAT5 connector, usually sold at, oh, say radioshack, or best buy for like 3 dollars. I have to use usb on my comp, because the cat5 connector is fried....

Also try updating any and all drivers, hardware, and software.