( search forums )
Sport modes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Magniitude
November 3, 2004, 12:51 am
I was thinking if it were possible to add a new mode that involves another type of goal, such as scoring points using a ball. These are some suggestions i came up with.

-One ball is spawned in the center area of a map, and teams race to get the ball and bring it back to their base. Result in 1 point.

-Teams have one ball each and try to "shoot" the ball into the other teams goal (soccer)

-Team king of the hill - the team who carries the ball longest wins the round. The other teams try to kill the ball carrier and steal the ball for themselves.

I just thought it would be fun and if you do like it feel free to suggest more modes.

Of course, guns would still be enabled so you can wreak havoc ;)

I got this idea from UT2003's mod, DEATHBALL.

The Geologist
November 3, 2004, 1:00 am
While I know King of the Hill has been suggested before, I'm not sure about anything "sports" specific. The first idea actually sounds a little interesting...sort of like a combo of ctf and inf. Could make for some interesting maps. I don't know how good the second idea would pan out though...and the third, as I mentioned, has been suggested in a similar form.

blackdevil0742
November 3, 2004, 8:17 am
i like the fist one

Toumaz
November 4, 2004, 2:00 pm
Yes, the first idea is good, but it should be a flag instead of a ball...

DT
November 4, 2004, 3:37 pm
no it should be a ball... or a crate of super nucluar explosives... and it explodeds to... when you score.

Alamo
November 4, 2004, 7:04 pm
No, this is not Unreal.

doffencom
November 5, 2004, 2:39 pm
Did anyone try tribes 2 football mode? Pick up the ball, it counts as a weapon, you can run with it, either get it to a zone, or throw it like a weapon!

Icarius
November 6, 2004, 3:55 am
Team Rabbit sucked ass.... no one likes it. Waste of coding, time and energy.

No.

Ramol
November 26, 2004, 10:33 pm
The mode is made. I played it and it was gorgeous! The texture of health is changed for football and the map is simple - two holes and a healthpack in the middle. IT ROXXORZ. If you want a link write me a PW cause the host is weak and we are changing it all teh time...

m00`
November 26, 2004, 10:49 pm
The last one sounds like "Team Pointmatch" but instead the points should go ot the team score every few seconds. and the people in your team have to protect you while your carrying the flag. This gamemode would also be like team matche with 4 teams and could be played on deathmatch maps.

die nadel
November 27, 2004, 9:18 am
uhhh no

IDF-RIPsta
November 27, 2004, 10:41 am
I like the first one.

King of the Hill is also a nice idea for a game mode.

Caelestis
November 27, 2004, 12:57 pm
the first one is good i just love playin that un UT2k3 i think its actually a good idea. nice 1.