( search forums )
Weaponswitch-Delay when having 2 primary weaps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MisterX
November 3, 2004, 6:13 pm
For example when you carry Steyr AUG and AK-74. You could switch from one weapon to the other normally, without any delay, but after the first shot you could only change the weapon again after perhaps 5 seconds. So always 5 seconds after the last bullet shot. Nothing would change when carrying a primary and a secondary weapon, like Steyr AUG and Socom. I think this would be a fine addition to the gameplay, since I find it a bit too unfair, if somebody carries 2 primary weapons. But with this delay, you would be nothing like a normal enemy in a normal fight, so not very unfair, but you still had the advantage that you could choose with wich weapon you want to start in the fight. For example when carrying Steyr AUG and Spas-12 on ctf_Run. You could choose if you want to attack enemies from distance up or in the middle with Steyr AUG, or attack them in close combat with Spas-12 in the tunnel.

The Geologist
November 3, 2004, 6:21 pm
Interesting proposition [:D] Although, using two primaries owns as is, and adding the delay might upset a few people. Good job explaining your position, you're kinda won me over. Just kinda! lol [|)]

MisterX
November 3, 2004, 6:23 pm
Well, you could make it be a server-sided option (Yes, another option!). So that you could just deactivate it on public servers, but activate it in clanwars. This way 2 primarys wouldn't be lame in serious fights anymore in my opinion, and you had something like a trophy for a won duel ;)

Deleted User
November 3, 2004, 6:37 pm
No. Definitely not as an option either, I'm sick of not knowing what to expect when I join a server. Sniper line was bad enough.

Teh Panda
November 3, 2004, 8:13 pm
Not bad idea, but never gonna happen. Dont ruin the Soldat's simplicity.

papasurf31
November 3, 2004, 8:15 pm
I agree with Stalky. I loved the sniper line but now that so many servers are disabling it, I'm not having nearly as much fun as I used to. I liked using 2 primaries too. The whole point is that having 2 primaries normally means you would have had to kiill someone for it. It's like a reward for being an alert intelligent player. It's not cheap or unfair, it's just a part of the game like how the barret is and the sniper line WAS. Learn to play with it or against it, don't change it.

Alamo
November 3, 2004, 8:20 pm
ug. that's not good. i love fighting with two prims!

F3nyx
November 4, 2004, 4:33 am
Fighting with two primaries is a perfectly legitimate tactic, more people should use it. Please don't nerf it.

die nadel
November 4, 2004, 5:10 am
i agree with F3nyx

Aquarius
November 4, 2004, 7:20 am
quote:Originally posted by StalkyNo. Definitely not as an option either, I'm sick of not knowing what to expect when I join a server. Sniper line was bad enough.quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I agree with Stalky. I loved the sniper line but now that so many servers are disabling it, I'm not having nearly as much fun as I used to. (...) It's not cheap or unfair, it's just a part of the game like how the barret is and the sniper line WAS. Learn to play with it or against it, don't change it.

Hahahah! Say "thank you" to me, barretards! [^]
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16628
And now, LEARN TO AIM!

blackdevil0742
November 4, 2004, 3:30 pm
me don't likes

DT
November 4, 2004, 3:53 pm
i don't agree... thiers a reason thier called primary and secondary

YOu can just throw away your sec and grab a primary from the ground when you kill someone... not that hard

Justin
November 4, 2004, 6:08 pm
*curses Aquarius*

For the topic at hand... I don't agree. I mean, in order to get a second primary, you have to kill someone and take their weapon anyway, don't you? Yeah, someone all ready a said this, and I'm just agreeing :P

And 5 seconds is a VERY long time, too :/

MisterX
November 4, 2004, 6:44 pm
k then :o

quote:Originally posted by Teh PandaNot bad idea, but never gonna happen. Dont ruin the Soldat's simplicity.

Would it change so much? No it would not.

quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I agree with Stalky. I loved the sniper line but now that so many servers are disabling it, I'm not having nearly as much fun as I used to. I liked using 2 primaries too. The whole point is that having 2 primaries normally means you would have had to kiill someone for it. It's like a reward for being an alert intelligent player. It's not cheap or unfair, it's just a part of the game like how the barret is and the sniper line WAS. Learn to play with it or against it, don't change it.

quote:Originally posted by Alamoug. that's not good. i love fighting with two prims!

Well..and? You would still be able to use 2 primaries. You would still be able to get them from others, you would still be able to use both. Eh?
quote:Originally posted by F3nyxFighting with two primaries is a perfectly legitimate tactic, more people should use it. Please don't nerf it.

/me yays to double-Barrets

quote:Originally posted by Justin[...]
And 5 seconds is a VERY long time, too :/

this was simply an example.

Social Poison
November 4, 2004, 7:59 pm
Sorry dude, good backiup but I'm simply not a fan of tht one.

Deleted User
November 4, 2004, 8:34 pm
Papasurf quite much pointed it out.