( search forums )
Registration and update
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
Khadaji
November 4, 2004, 2:51 am
Hi everyone, I'm a registered user of sodlat (as of about a month ago) and I was wondering if by clicking on and downloading the "new" version of soldat would it override my registered version? I'm not sure is this is in fact the new soldat update, might I alread have it? I don't see any options for bullet time or other things mentioned about this new version, so I don't think I have it. In any case, I just want to know if it would download over my registered version and thus just be the new demo.

Thanks for the help everyone,

-khadaji

Magniitude
November 4, 2004, 3:05 am
No it wouldn't. The reg file is still in your comp and you will be fine.

Shivorken
November 4, 2004, 11:33 am
there is a problem with my reg thou ... wen i downloaded the new soldat, it told me to register again. And i did, but it still wont work!!!

DNA.styx
November 4, 2004, 12:11 pm
Old registrations do work for all new versions so far.

Shivorken, post your own thread about this problem.

Shivorken
November 5, 2004, 11:26 am
Well ... i tried and tried but it just wont work 4 me!!! my old soldat 1.2 is still registerd but not 1.2.1!!!

Michal Marcinkowski
November 5, 2004, 12:08 pm
Maybe your reg key is a banned one. Please E-mail me with the details.

Sprocket
November 6, 2004, 12:40 pm
i have registred 1.2 but i have re-register 1.2.1
THAT SUCKS!!!

DNA.styx
November 6, 2004, 6:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styxOld registrations do work for all new versions so far.

ArmadonRK
November 7, 2004, 12:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by ShivorkenWell ... i tried and tried but it just wont work 4 me!!! my old soldat 1.2 is still registerd but not 1.2.1!!!

Wait, so you're saying you installed the new version seperately from the old one?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think this could be your problem. Install the new version over the old version (by means of the patch if possible).

b00stA
November 7, 2004, 1:25 pm
ArmadonRK, I have several seperate installations of Soldat and it's not a problem.

quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiMaybe your reg key is a banned one. Please E-mail me with the details.

Will
November 10, 2004, 2:13 pm
i downloaded the patch and it worked fine for me....

Alamo
November 10, 2004, 3:34 pm
The key is stored in a central place on your computer (the registry). Every installation of Soldat uses the same key stored in a specific location. Multiple installations are _not_ a problem. They will all be registered.