( search forums )
Mitsumi CR-48XGTE drivers.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
that fuking sniper
November 4, 2004, 4:54 am
Goddamnit, my DVD/CD-ROM stopped working right, so I tried getting it a new driver off the net. Searched Google and it gave me a bunch of sites in various European languages that often had these wierd messages next to the download button with a warning emoticon. Searched for it on download.com, got no results. Went to the friggin Mitsumi site, and it was not even listen among their products. I'm getting frustraited. This is the item that the device manager says I have, and I cant find new drivers with which to update it. The problem is its suddenly not reading all kinds of CDs/DVDs and usually freezes my computer whenever it tries to read something but doesnt quite get it. I dont think its dirty on the inside, its only about 4 months old. Any ideas?

n00bface
November 4, 2004, 5:36 am
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/mitsumi.htm

that fuking sniper
November 4, 2004, 5:39 am
I was into this site, but I couldnt understand what the hell that little warning thing meant.

n00bface
November 4, 2004, 6:09 am
It means it's not an official release, it still works though.

that fuking sniper
November 4, 2004, 7:47 am
Didnt work.

Tha Doggfather
November 4, 2004, 8:11 am
CR-48XGTE
Attention !!! bien verifier la serie du firmware

means you have to make sure you take the right firmware version.

palloco
November 4, 2004, 1:13 pm
Well dude. Why are you trying to make it work with a new driver? Did not you said it stopped working? Had you changed the drivers? No, then the driver is screwed.
If it is a master drive you can easily check if you have to change it by enabling booting from cd and put a bootable cd like linux or windows XP