( search forums )
Vietnam Mod screen !!On Hold!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Sprocket
November 4, 2004, 12:43 pm
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=dmlldG5hbSBtb2Qgc2NyZWVuLmJtcA

that's teh mod i'm makin'
i hav some sounds but i'll post the mod when and if i finish it.

if you dont like the mod, i'll delete it now.
i dont want to make a mod that no one like so..

EDIT: The Mod Is On Hold, No one seem to like it :p

damnnation
November 4, 2004, 1:15 pm
THAT'S A NICE MOD AT'S CALLED SOLDAT FILE UPLOAD MANAGER!

Deleted User
November 4, 2004, 1:20 pm
It looks ok. And damnation, just turn off the pop up blocker.
Wrong section btw. (general discussions is better for non finished mods)

SERIAL KILLeR
November 4, 2004, 1:23 pm
Looks ok.
Here's the direct link damnnation : http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/store/vietnam%20mod%20screen.gif

Inquisitor
November 4, 2004, 1:50 pm
not so great wont eva play to be onest.

Toumaz
November 4, 2004, 2:30 pm
Looks good so far. Keep it up.

damnnation
November 4, 2004, 2:35 pm
oh sorry well it looks ok keep it up :)

Deleted User
November 4, 2004, 2:38 pm
hmmm
not the mod that i like

Teh Panda
November 4, 2004, 2:55 pm
I think my V-Mod was better... sad i dont have it anymore...

Edit/Off topic: :o. I found beta versions of the weaps from my mod. If you want to see them:
[URL]

damnnation
November 4, 2004, 3:12 pm
looks great Panda keep it up :D

kkazican
November 4, 2004, 8:24 pm
I think it looks like crap. The weapons are massive and look clunky. There is just a random splurg of brown and nasty grey/blackish colors. You spelled Thompson Thombson and it's length looks disproportional to it's height. BAR looks like crap and isn't a panzerschreck from WWII not vietnam? By vietnam we had laws. Also mauser was german in WWII so was the grease gun, I believe BAR may have still been used. Thompson definately wasn't used by then they had switched to m16. Bren is a british weapon in WWII I don't even know wtf a m20 is but I looked it up.

Beginning with Vietnam the Army switched to light antitank weapons, or LAWs, such as the M72, a one-shot, disposable weapon that weighed 5 pounds fully loaded yet could launch its rocket with reasonable accuracy out to 350 yards. from http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/bazsup.htm

You might as well call this a WWII mod or just give up.

papasurf31
November 4, 2004, 9:00 pm
Sorry sprocket, they just don't look...good. Not even close. Disproportionate weapon sizes, overlap, and poor weapons choice really bring it down. Colors are good though.

On the other hand, Teh Panda, although it's wrong to post your mods in other peoples threads, it doesn't look half bad. Outline better, work on the shading and proportions and on spacing out the weapons.

Teh Panda
November 4, 2004, 9:19 pm
1st: I know it's wrong, but i just showe them to Sprocket. Like inspiration or something.
2nd: Papa, you need glasses. Just didnt noticed the big text there? Anyways. TY.

Chubbieboi
November 5, 2004, 5:20 am
Thompsons, Carbines, GreaseGuns were used during the Vietnam era but they werent as popular or mainly used as in WW2, and GreaseGun is an AMERICAN Gun not German -.-

and thats not a BAR but rather the STG44

I dont remember wat the rifle was called but its in Battlefield Vietnam and it could repace the sniper rifle, similar to the KAR43 but a much nicer looking rifle :D

and y not any COlt 1911's?

but th eMOD is ok u should continue working on it and kieep practicing

Jap_man
November 5, 2004, 10:17 am
nice mod sprocket, keep it up ;D

kkazican
November 5, 2004, 6:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by ChubbieboiThompsons, Carbines, GreaseGuns were used during the Vietnam era but they werent as popular or mainly used as in WW2, and GreaseGun is an AMERICAN Gun not German -.-

and thats not a BAR but rather the STG44

I dont remember wat the rifle was called but its in Battlefield Vietnam and it could repace the sniper rifle, similar to the KAR43 but a much nicer looking rifle :D

and y not any COlt 1911's?

As you should be able to CLEARLY READ. It says BAR not STG44 you idiot. I was mistaken in thinking greasegun was german because it was far too poorly made. I had forgotten that Amricans built it to replace the incredibly expensive Thompson. And I never said thompson wasn't used during Vietnam.

AnzX Vi3t
November 6, 2004, 12:15 am
Hey im really looking forward to this vietnam mod :P hey will there be a gostek? like soldiers with the straw hat...I WOULD LOVE DAT :p

Chubbieboi
November 6, 2004, 12:56 am
quote:Originally posted by kkazicanI think it looks like crap. The weapons are massive and look clunky. There is just a random splurg of brown and nasty grey/blackish colors. You spelled Thompson Thombson and it's length looks disproportional to it's height. BAR looks like crap and isn't a panzerschreck from WWII not vietnam? By vietnam we had laws. Also mauser was german in WWII so was the grease gun, I believe BAR may have still been used. Thompson definately wasn't used by then they had switched to m16. Bren is a british weapon in WWII I don't even know wtf a m20 is but I looked it up.

Beginning with Vietnam the Army switched to light antitank weapons, or LAWs, such as the M72, a one-shot, disposable weapon that weighed 5 pounds fully loaded yet could launch its rocket with reasonable accuracy out to 350 yards. from http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/bazsup.htm

You might as well call this a WWII mod or just give up.

dont call me an idiot, it says BAR, but the interface is clearly the STG44...and yes u did say the Thompson wasnt used in Vietnam....so pls tone down ur flaming and relax, I was merely pointing out mistaken facts that u had said....

kkazican
November 6, 2004, 7:53 am
Ah I must have skipped over that line. My bad. What interface?

Sprocket
November 6, 2004, 8:54 am
if some one can give a link to a place to download sounds from the net, it would be great.
if you dont, then the mod will be deleted as i dont have guts to keep an finished mod.

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 6, 2004, 8:55 am
well its not the best mod ive seen but if u look closer it looks really good unfortunaly from far away they look like rectangles ;D

Teh Panda
November 6, 2004, 11:21 am
Thompson _was_ used in Vietnam, _but_ it wasnt so "popular" cos M16 came.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:05 pm
haha sprocket noone of ur links doesnt work moron 0/10 hahahahasend me private message if want dumbass

caliber
July 16, 2005, 3:01 pm
Good job on reviving it, dumb f*ck. JOHN TK read the DAMN RULES.

koen
February 28, 2006, 5:00 pm
Why i can not download this mod?! :S plz help me

nfsjunkie91
February 28, 2006, 7:35 pm
This is a very old topic, so the download links are dead for sure, try to make sure the last posts weren't from last year. Next time you do this, you will get yelled at, be glad I replied first. >_>

Deleted User
February 28, 2006, 8:54 pm
its not problem to yell at a person even if you posted first.. but i won't yell.

and i wont add workin links either, cause i dont' have pic's or mods anymore. so just delete this thread, or put it in the ass of the forum.

napam
March 4, 2006, 2:33 pm
I can't see picture. links dead.