( search forums )
Can't shoot behind bullet-recoiling objects
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Sir Galahad
November 4, 2004, 1:40 pm
In new version, you can't shoot when phroning behind a rock, or crate, or whatever recoils bullets. The sitting position doesn't work either, but sometimes the guy keeps te gun up and shoots salvos.

This maybe isn't a bug, but i do find it annoying. Now you can't fully make use of the level advantages.

Noobile
November 4, 2004, 1:42 pm
Not a bug, it's a map issue, as I've come to realize from playing. I think MM changed most of the sizes of the colliders to stop camping. it kinda stinks, I know, but you'll just have to make due. unless he changes them all again...

kevith
November 4, 2004, 2:45 pm
quote:From the list of changes in 1.2.1
Added Weapon muzzle collision detection with polygons and colliders to prevent hidden camping

Nope it isn't a bug. It's a built-in anti-camper device :) It makes it so you can't hide in a completely protected spot and snipe free from danger. I LOVE IT.

Boer
November 5, 2004, 12:41 pm
Well to suggest, if your muzzle peeps out for everybodey to see , then surely it must be able to shoot? the bullets come out of the muzzle, not the belly of your little soldier!!?

Boer
November 5, 2004, 12:44 pm
And you are not completely protected, thats what the law is intended for.and explotions for that matter!!