( search forums )
a form of advanced mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DAN
November 4, 2004, 9:33 pm
how about a slightly different game type where people start out with out weapons but can go around and pick them up. there can be one or two weapon slots to pick up guns which will spawn in certain (or random) places. maybe give players hand gun to make it fair against spawn camping.
for example: everyone spawns, starts running around. some people go to top of map, others to bottom, etc, and come across a weapon. some people will follow others, and whoever gets the gun first good for them, and the other person tries to get away to find a weapon. as they are running around, they shoot or look for different weapons. the guns resapwns after x seconds and people can come and pick them up/switch with it. there can be certain places that are harder to reach than others so "better" guns are mroe dificult to get

Droopy
November 4, 2004, 11:03 pm
I got to the "and pick them up" part.

_Mancer_
November 4, 2004, 11:21 pm
Unfortunatly thats the only part I like.

kkazican
November 5, 2004, 6:21 pm
Seeing how the maps are miniscule you would run into about 3 weapons at least by the time you reach an enemy defeating the purpose. Also people with guns could simply sit near a good weapon's spawn and kill the unarmed losers trying to get the guns.
No

DT
November 6, 2004, 12:39 am
Randomized the positions of the guns...

Jap_man
November 6, 2004, 12:47 am
weapon spawns? I don't really like the idea >____>.
Keep advanced mode the way it is

Boer
November 6, 2004, 3:44 pm
so you have to run to the guns everytime you die? nah.
but you do taht already with most games.
but this could work in team games , your starting point is armory, then with 4 machine gun spawns and 1 barret, 1 minigun...