( search forums )
Is There A Weapon Editor?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Sprocket
November 5, 2004, 11:22 pm
some time ago, i read that a weapon editor was coming.
then , the 1.2.1 arrives and i thaught that the editor were going to be in that version ,but it wasn't.
so now i ask you, Is michal working on anything now?
is there gonna be an weapon editor.

Skate4Razors
November 6, 2004, 12:09 am
Yeah, Michal said there would be one. Not that I'm trying to be mean, but I'd like to know where it is... =^)

b00stA
November 6, 2004, 12:49 am
I didn't hear anything about it in beta testing.. then again, I don't think anyone really missed it.

bucky_brad
November 6, 2004, 7:55 pm
I am. but I thought it was gonna come out sometime 2005 anyway.

but by the looks of things, the game is balanced and seems soldat dosent need one.

Sprocket
November 6, 2004, 9:52 pm
2005?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
....BUT I'M OLD THEN!....

i think it should be released..
it would bring more possibilityes

WhiteDragon
November 7, 2004, 9:40 am
edit the weapon pic's and sounds etc and make a mod, gees

think.tac
November 8, 2004, 12:11 am
bucky_brad is correct in saying the game is balanced. I don't believe we need a weapons editor. Unless a system like the one used for custom maps was implimented, you wouldn't be able to play with anyone who edited the weapons. This would just be unnecessary downloading, because, as I said earlier, the weapons in 1.2.1 are fine as is.

Deleted User
November 8, 2004, 12:19 am
LOL, I think the tool would only change **YOUR** weapon graphics and sounds. Not anything else about it. Otherwise it would be a huge problem.

N1nj@
November 8, 2004, 12:37 am
The weapon editor acutally edit the stats of the weapon, the number of bullets, power ane etc.

It doesnt change the weapon graphics, unless you do that on your own.

BManx2000
November 8, 2004, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by RyukkLOL, I think the tool would only change **YOUR** weapon graphics and sounds. Not anything else about it. Otherwise it would be a huge problem.

That already exists, it's called a paint program. Anyway, I think the game is balance but a weapon editor would still be cool for making "actual" mods.

Deleted User
November 8, 2004, 1:55 am
Hmmm, I guess i didnt read on it enough. Weapon editor would be fun tho.

die nadel
November 8, 2004, 4:05 am
thats true, having actual full mods as opposed to gfx mods would be pretty fun, unless some bungholes decide to make the barret reload .3 seconds or something...