( search forums )
Nail gun mode?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Darkfist007
November 6, 2004, 1:43 am
Im thinking a nail gun mode would be interesting, hear me all the way out first.
Good effects: +25% velocity, +10% damage, a larger push from the rounds, and it would "nail" the oponent to a near wall if the velocity takes the person to that wall.
Bad effects (to make it fair): +20% reload time for the clip, more visible tracers, the "nail" effect would last for ~20 seconds when you get nailed to a wall.
This power up would be like the kevlar, it would last untill you die.
Just imagine crucifying some shmuck to the roof, and punching his guns out, then leaving him untill the "nail" effect wears off. XD

RH3Z
November 6, 2004, 1:58 am
i don't think thats a good idea...

Darkfist007
November 6, 2004, 2:03 am
quote:Originally posted by RH3Zi don't think thats a good idea...

Why so. Plz say something more then one line.

Icarius
November 6, 2004, 3:51 am
It would be to overpowered. Pinning someone to a wall is a nice idea and all, but think about how much of an issue it would be for CTF, hell, being pinned for over 20 seconds or more would totally piss people off......... no.

Jap_man
November 6, 2004, 4:53 am
and we dont need another goddamn weapon in soldat either

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 6, 2004, 6:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Darkfist007This power up would be like the kevlar, it would last untill you die.
Just imagine crucifying some shmuck to the roof, and punching his guns out, then leaving him untill the "nail" effect wears off. XD

Its a powerup, not a regular weapon, so it wouldn't be all that annoying...

Icarius
November 6, 2004, 4:13 pm
Yes it would be. Barret is annoying enough already, one that pretty much sets you up for an instant kill is even worse.

Alamo
November 6, 2004, 4:35 pm
That
idea
sucks
in
my
humble
opinion.

dadarkman
November 6, 2004, 4:52 pm
hmm...what i you got pinned on the wall for like...5 seconds it would be pretty fun

Liber_Lupus
November 6, 2004, 5:02 pm
Yeah this would be annoying, though i still would want to see a soldier getting nailed against the wall and then just hangin there

Unid_Virus
November 6, 2004, 5:11 pm
seems interesting(though i dunno if i agree), But maybe limit the Nail gun to a Small Clip size and a Slow reload time.

papasurf31
November 6, 2004, 8:32 pm
20 seconds is far too long, Perhaps if the time was shorter, say 5-10 seconds, then it might me plausible. Alos, it should be a time limit power-up. It would be overpowered otherwise.

Skate4Razors
November 6, 2004, 10:00 pm
Or, you could just make a type of game of Nail Mode. You capture the Nail Gun, kinda like the Rambo. Actually, just make it exactly like the Rambo, and change the wall time to about 5 secs... Hmm.... That's a cool idea! :^)

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 6, 2004, 10:40 pm
plus, its not like you can't shoot when you're pinned to the wall....

think.tac
November 8, 2004, 1:54 am
Interesting idea, very original, and it sounds very cool. But adding another game type or more powerups doesn't rank high on my list of Soldat improvements.

die nadel
November 8, 2004, 4:25 am
i agree with think.tac we don't need more game modes or powerups unless they are outstanding, something that is really great, no i'm not saying soldat should never change, but i mean it would be funny to see a cow gun, where you shoot cows at your opponents and they pin em to the ground or chase em into a wall and gore them, but just because it'd be funny doesn't mean we should add it to soldat.

Messiah
November 8, 2004, 2:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by IcariusIt would be to overpowered. Pinning someone to a wall is a nice idea and all, but think about how much of an issue it would be for CTF, hell, being pinned for over 20 seconds or more would totally piss people off......... no.

Agreed.

DT
November 9, 2004, 4:55 am
mabye for like 2 secs or something to that effect...

Deleted User
November 10, 2004, 4:13 am
20 seconds!? i get pissed of when i have to wait more than 10 seconds to re-spawn. i think i'd have a fit if i had to wait for 20 seconds.

wunderbear
November 13, 2004, 1:41 pm
Good idea. Probably wouldn't work in Soldat, but hilarious anyway.

Did you get this idea from the Stake Gun in Painkiller?

Will
November 13, 2004, 1:48 pm
hmmmm.... maybe this would work if it was a powerup, it could last 10 seconds when stuck to wall and have 1 shot

TigerDragon
November 24, 2004, 4:43 am
if id get stuck to a wall for 20 sec. id might as well type /kill

IDF-RIPsta
November 24, 2004, 8:41 am
What if it were a Secondary Weapon that works in the following manner:

- Rounds that push the opponent away but harm him only if he is close to a wall / ceiling.

- You get the pinning effect from the velocity of rounds fired at your opponent. If he is very close to a wall, the push and damage effect would last 5 seconds. If he is further away from the wall, it would be a mere breeze pushing him closer to the wall also for a duration of 5 seconds per round/bullet.

Will
November 24, 2004, 10:19 am
hmmm... IDF, u got a good idea there.

3rd_account
November 24, 2004, 11:02 am
It would work, but... why!? If you were running around on a battlefield IRL, would you bring a nailgun? No!

frogboy
November 24, 2004, 11:36 am
Would you bring a chainsaw? No. Would you bring a jetpack? No.

IDF-RIPsta
November 24, 2004, 11:42 am
"3rd_Account", yes I would. Just imagine the tactics you can develop with this weapon. You could, for instance, pin the enemy to the spot while your team moves in for an easy kill.

I think the potential of such a weapon is tremendous.

Will
November 24, 2004, 1:30 pm
well, it should still be a powerup, not another weapon.

Cookie.
November 25, 2004, 2:35 am
how bout a harpoon and you throw it to stick them ^______^ or a spear gun of sorts
this idea reminds me of painkiller i like it ^__^

Deleted User
November 25, 2004, 8:11 pm
It will be make soldat too easier for newbs...
Maybe not if it's for 1-2 secs...

mipit
November 25, 2004, 8:42 pm
hmm and mabye when you switch weapons you get a gun that pushes people far away when the secondary pins them.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:19 pm
Icarius, i dont know if you have noticed but the barret is a 1 shot kill, so even if you get 'nailed' to a wall your not gunna be alive enough to feel it anyways, and beside, flame god mode is full of crap, inviciblitity for like what 15 or 20 seconds? and practically instant death.

diediedie119
December 7, 2004, 5:17 am
i like it BUT make it a power up plz plz plz or it'll be 2 powerful

DT
December 7, 2004, 4:04 pm
why not make the arrows have nail gun like powers...