( search forums )
Floating world.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
M
January 12, 2003, 3:13 pm
Here is my new map called Floating world.I ran out of scenery [:-weepn] .
Here is a screene

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot3.jpg50.79 KB

http://www.geocities.com/waypointman/Floatingworld.zip
If that link don't work try this one
http://www.geocities.com/waypointman/Mapsbyme.html

Deleted User
January 12, 2003, 3:47 pm
Cool map!!! really nice made!! [:-)]

mak89gt
January 12, 2003, 4:34 pm
yup, very nice {[m]} but im suprised u did not announce it in ur unoffiacial forum. wait, ill check.

Flanagan
January 12, 2003, 6:30 pm
No offence again M. But your maps suck. You don't take enough time, and it seams like you don't have much pride in your work. This is one of your better maps, but it sill doesn't look good.

M
January 12, 2003, 8:29 pm
i know i ran out of scenery.

mak89gt
January 12, 2003, 8:48 pm
yeah, but i never run out of scenery.

Darac
January 12, 2003, 11:01 pm
ok.... there is a difference between running out of scenery in a good way and a bad way... i think scenery is better if its used less or cant be seen as much, because a good map shouldnt have scenery that jumps out at you, it should blend in with the rest of the level. my best example of this would be "ctf_treehuts" once your playing the game you dont really pay any attention to the scenery (i maxed out the scenery in that map, and also in "ctf_beavers")

also M, if you want to make your maps look better then do what flanagan said, spend more time on them! all your land looks very triangly. once again if you look at trehuts or beavers you wont see any triangles anywhere, apart from the roofs but thay are triangle in real life.

ada89
January 12, 2003, 11:45 pm
M, ur map is good but ur scenery is not good enough (size, unit etc.)
try not to make it pixilated (not sure about the speeling [V] )

dittyman
January 13, 2003, 12:44 am
it so damn hard to get to top level on l y way i could do it was with minigunning and im a sniper
rest is ok but when u get to highest triangle u respawn

Flanagan
January 13, 2003, 4:42 am
It really does suck. I agree Darac, Tree huts is one of my favourite 3rd party levels, and I modeled a guard tower off it (but it is completey original :) ) PLEASE APPLY FOR SMG :)

Maxing out scenery can suck. It has to be done with class, like anything. I maxed out scenery on Jungle Terror, but in a good way.

M
January 13, 2003, 9:54 am
What the word 3rd party means?

Darac
January 13, 2003, 10:11 am
M: 3rd party is someone that makes an add-on for something (game for example) that is not part of the offical team of creators. or somehting like that.

Flanagan: what do you mean ONE! of the best, geesss man... it is the best :P jk

Flanagan
January 13, 2003, 9:58 pm
No offence Darac :) But I like mine better :)

High
January 13, 2003, 9:59 pm
M: this is the best maps you done...but there is too much senery as other poeple in here said...maybe you can take some off and release it again and do some changes or bug fixing(if there is any) on it..

Darac
January 13, 2003, 11:35 pm
i think he should sit down for a good 4 days straight and make the best map we have ever seen!