( search forums )
A question about the M79
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Matashiro
November 6, 2004, 8:16 am
I just started playing this game about a week ago and I'm an average/above average player, but there's one noob question I still have

I've seen people load the M79 multiple times and then fire a 'charged' shot. I've asked people online if there was a way to 'charge' or load it multiple times and everyone has said no, but I keep seeing it

How do you perform this or am I just crazy?

that fuking sniper
November 6, 2004, 8:20 am
I have no idea what you mean by "charged shot". Be a little specific. How does it look like that seperates the charged shot from all the others. I also dont understand "reloading multiple times" because unless you press R, it only reloads once after you empty your magazine (Spas is a little different, but same concept). Whenever you reload, no matter how many times you reload, you always load your gun with a generic piece of ammo.

Matashiro
November 6, 2004, 8:21 am
As far as a difference, it makes a different sound and the graphic is a bit more flashy

and I never said reloading. It just looks like whoever is using the M79 is cocking it over and over

Chakra
November 6, 2004, 8:22 am
no such thing man, no such thing. Just fires once, reloads, then repeats.

Matashiro
November 6, 2004, 8:23 am
Maybe it's a different gun or something - any idea?

DragonSlayer
November 6, 2004, 8:25 am
I think I know what you mean. WAY louder voice and a big bigger explosion? I can't remember since that hasn't occured to me for months. However, throw a grenade and shoot it with M79 and see for yourself. You can have a more powerful attack that way. I mean, it results in a similar explosion but the people who did the louder times ago (in my case) didn't use that method. Maybe it's some weird bug or something. It has happened with LAW too.

Matashiro
November 6, 2004, 8:33 am
Yes! I'm not crazy - the noise it makes when it fires is different and the explosion is larger - Thank you for more or less proving my sanity

Chakra
November 6, 2004, 8:56 am
..suprised no one's made a post about the bunny launcher. I could swear everytime I fire it I get a little message at the bottom for a split second saying something like 'eat your children' or 'kill yourself, no one cares'.

BManx2000
November 6, 2004, 4:00 pm
If the M79 bullet hits a collider, for some reason it turns into a grenade explosion, which is larger and has a different sound. But that doesn't make the noise when it fires different...

Jaz
November 6, 2004, 4:42 pm
Maybe he's talking about the law, different graphic and sound, no? Maybe the law bug aswell firing two shots.

karmazon
November 6, 2004, 5:19 pm
I'm pretty sure it's the granade and m79 thing. Check it out, it's cool :)

Matashiro
November 6, 2004, 5:49 pm
If you're talking about throwing a grenade, then shooting it then that's not it. Maybe it's just lag that makes it look like someone is loading over and over, but I don't seem to experianceany lag when playing.

Either that or it's just my computer acting up - it has a lot of problems

Thank you all for your replies and support

n00bface
November 6, 2004, 6:02 pm
You say it looks as if it is reloading more than once? Well it could be that the person with the m79 has two m79s and keeps switching them repeatedly until one finally loads :O

Skate4Razors
November 6, 2004, 9:53 pm
I got it I think! After a while when a person stays still for a long time, the player starts to move his gun and stuff. I thought about your question, then I relized that it looks like they reload tons of times because the tabaco command is on, or the other drug ones. I think that's it anyways...

Matashiro
November 7, 2004, 8:44 am
Well, it's not only the loading, the noise it makes when it fires is less 'pew and more of a fast-firing rocket sound. I dunno. I looked in the sound file and couldn't find it so I guess it's just something acting up

Icarius
November 7, 2004, 9:16 am
Matashiro was playing with me the other day, you might have mistaken this shot for me using a nade + M79 bullet combo. They explode together + make a louder bang + wider spread.

That should answer the question.

BManx2000
November 7, 2004, 3:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Matashirothe noise it makes when it fires is less 'pew and more of a fast-firing rocket sound.

That would be the LAW. You know, that rocket launcher you can pick as a secondary. And the LAW takes a long time to reload, so that's probably what you meant by the reloading thing. Duh?

Messiah
November 7, 2004, 4:31 pm
I think what he means is...When people like switch there weapons like: Switch Switch Shoot! I think thats what he means, and i have noticed that it does do more damage than just a normal shot ;O

die nadel
November 8, 2004, 4:17 am
huh i've never seen that before...

Alamo
November 8, 2004, 10:01 pm
umm there is like shoot switch shoot... just pick up a second M79 as secondary weapon...

STEELIX
November 8, 2004, 10:33 pm
yes... i sometimes see people keep switching their weapons... I always thought this was lag related somehow

F3nyx
November 9, 2004, 2:33 pm
^ me too. They run around switching constantly, as fast as possible, and it stops as soon as they fire. It always just looked like a lag artifact to me, and I have never seen a "charged" M79 shot. Carrying two M79s (one in hands, one on back), yes. LAW, yes. Charged shots, no.

BTW, what's all that about being able to shoot a grenade with the M79? I thought grenades still couldn't be shot.

BManx2000
November 9, 2004, 2:36 pm
Grenades blow up when in the vicinity of an explosion.

DT
November 9, 2004, 3:16 pm
We should consider this in the future... charge shooting a M79... hold it longer it shoots farther...

Enik
November 9, 2004, 10:53 pm
" I just started playing this game about a week ago and I'm an average/above average player,"

rofl

Matashiro
November 10, 2004, 4:16 am
Hah, after a Soldat break I came back and started messing around with weapons and realized that yeah, the LAW was what I was talking about. For some reason I got the impression that it was a melee weapon like the others. Oh well, excuse my ignorence.

Yeah, call me a noob.

Enik - get older.