( search forums )
NEGITIVE POINTS IN RAMBO MATCH!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hitman131
November 6, 2004, 9:33 pm
Im so sick of morons with no idea how to play the game coming in and slaughtering everyone. This is a typical rambo score

kills deaths
10 30
8 25
0 72
0 84
0 92
0 95
0 100

at tops 1/6 of the people there know how to play. With negitive points added in maybe these morons will clue in a bit faster. Kill the guy wit the bow this isnt fkin death match.

I cant be bothered to search, so sorry if its a topic. Yes yes I know search is my friend and all that crap.

Sprocket
November 6, 2004, 9:48 pm
i dont care.. i hate rambo match.

Skate4Razors
November 6, 2004, 9:56 pm
Yeah that's a good idea, knowone knows how to play Rambo anymore... People play it as a Deathmatch. I don't think many people even remember there is such a thing as Rambo.

Omsion
November 6, 2004, 10:33 pm
Better punishment: Give people who kill others when the bow is not laying around a respawn time penalty

Michal
November 6, 2004, 10:51 pm
I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before, but it's still a good suggestion. I used to play Rambo match alot but it seems like now it's all noobs, even on the good servers. So yeah, scores should be able to go into the negative.

Hitman
November 6, 2004, 11:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sprocketi dont care.. i hate rambo match.
Wow, great post there Sprocket.

Good idea, even though it's been suggested before, it should still be added.

kkazican
November 7, 2004, 9:39 pm
I think there should be a serverside option to set how many times people kill someone without the bow. Say they set it to 10 and a person kills 10 people without the bow then they get kicked for 15 minutes. Or set it as 10 player kills within 3 or 4 minutes. To prevent people who seriously play and kill the guy before he gets the bow rather than having to wait for him to pick it up.

Deleted User
November 8, 2004, 12:50 am
All great idea, we really need to do something about those kinda noobs.

die nadel
November 8, 2004, 4:27 am
i like omsion's idea make it take longer for em to spawn, they'd learn or leave eventually....

Elephant_Hunter
November 8, 2004, 5:57 am
The point of the game is to kill rambo, even if it means murdering non-rambos. I don't really care if people kill me on the way to glory. If they're really are that much of a newbie then you should be able to pick 'em off like nothing.

Negative scores wouldn't do too much if they can't read the folks shouting "RAMBO MATCH, DIMWIT!" Anyways, if you just joined and you're playing against a bunch of people with alot of points, the zero minimum score is a good thing. It gives you a chance to grab the bow and score some.

Such a change could disturb the meaning of Rambo match. Which might work out... or not. You didn't really spend too much time explaining the pros and cons.

Assuming that you do want to change the way Rambo matches are played, I suggest something with more potency than simply negative numbers. Maybe on top of that, there should be a server-side option to kick at a certain amount. Say, when a player acheives a -8 score he is kicked for 15-30min... Another possibility is respawn time dependant on the score, like Omsion mentioned.

Personally I am one of those "don't touch" sortof people when it comes to gameplay.

F3nyx
November 9, 2004, 3:03 am
Negative points might help to alert newbies that killing non-Rambo soldiers is BAD. I was wishing for this the other day. Subtracting points helps maintain the focus of Rambomatch.

However, I don't think people should be kicked for killing a certain number of non-Rambos. It's perfectly legitimate to kill people who are close to, and going for, the bow. Points should still be subtracted -- but I usually gamble that I can make up lost points when I get the bow. Which I do, usually, despite commonly killing 1-4 would-be bowmen before snatching the bow.

DT
November 9, 2004, 4:52 am
after a amount of nonrambo killing they get booted...
probly like 10 or 15

Deleted User
November 9, 2004, 7:47 am
I think it should be the longer respawn thing, because negitive points wont stop the ones that want to do it from doing it.

3rd_account
November 9, 2004, 12:36 pm
I think you all forget that not only noobs shoot at all non-Rambos when the bow is loose. You have to kill as many as possible to be the first one to reach the bow. How fun would it be to get kicked/punished for failing an attempt to get the bow?

BManx2000
November 9, 2004, 2:40 pm
You already don't lose points for killing people when the bow is loose. Why would the kicking be any different?

DT
November 9, 2004, 6:42 pm
hm... that i would agree with Ryukk then... that would kinda stop them and it wouldn't be a big deal if you accedently got someone else

Denacke
November 9, 2004, 7:48 pm
I think it should just put when you kill a non-rambo: "You just killed a hunter! Kill the rambo or you lose points!"

Because mainly, Noobs just don't know what they have to do, it's not out of bad will. They just need to be informed about the rules.