( search forums )
Predator Bonus
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Roy
November 6, 2004, 11:16 pm
You know what would make the Predator bonus truly badass? If in addition to making you invisible, your view switches to thermal vision. Enemy soldats would of course show up as warm reds, explosions and bullets would appear to be screaming-hot white, while terrain and scenery and such would be cold blues and blacks.

Purely an aesthetic change, but hey, we're talking about the Predator bonus here after all. Besides, we have bullet time now, why not thermal vision? :P

Sprocket
November 6, 2004, 11:18 pm
yea..that would be a great addition,, but i think it would be hard to acommplish..

DT
November 7, 2004, 2:20 am
no.... the vision does change just not thermal..

arC
November 7, 2004, 7:15 am
I would love this idea implemented, as i am a huge fan of predator.... but I doubt anyone else will like it :(

Social Poison
November 7, 2004, 7:31 am
The view would be kinda cool... but again I think it'd be tough to implement

Inquisitor
November 7, 2004, 9:27 am
i think this would be possible if Soldat was created by a team.
nevertheless, a cool idea.

Deleted User
November 7, 2004, 10:32 am
If the coloured filter that applies when you get the bonus (makes the game darker) was made bright red, it might seem like thermal vision. Not so hard to do.

Messiah
November 7, 2004, 3:19 pm
Yay! Thermal, what soldat is becoming a "Predator" game, its an awsome idea, PUT IT IN!

zyxstand
November 7, 2004, 6:58 pm
i love the idea - it'd be rly cool! i konw that soldat is supposed to be a game that has a realistic modern (or past-modern) way of fighting...so thermal vision would definitely fit in that categor! the best way to get more brilliant ideas like this is to try to relate it all to how real war is today.

Jello
November 7, 2004, 7:10 pm
Yes this would be pretty cool. NOt that big of a change, but it would make predator more fun.
One question: You know how in realistic mode you can't see through walls? Could you see through
them in predetor mode, a la real thermal vision? That would be cool...

AerialAssault
November 7, 2004, 7:18 pm
i agree, this would be sweet :D

kkazican
November 7, 2004, 9:35 pm
Yeah that would kick ass

Deleted User
November 8, 2004, 12:54 am
Sounds great, although i don't play on many server with bonus's

think.tac
November 8, 2004, 1:01 am
prEDatoR wood bee TeH 13337!11!11! i wuld sNeak uP on nowbs n pqn em!

But seriously, even if purely aesthetic, really cool idea, and the possibilty of thermal detection through walls in realistic mode...

Excuse me.
I just creamed my jeans.

edak
November 8, 2004, 1:02 am
wow! that's a great idea! DO IT! DOOO IT! (starsky voice)

die nadel
November 8, 2004, 4:26 am
tough to implement, and it'd be kinda cool, but purpose anyone?

arC
November 8, 2004, 10:16 am
Whats the purpose of Soldat alltogether? To be entertaining :) That's what.

Scyth3x
November 8, 2004, 10:24 am
Predator isahclassique, defintely do it :D

Boer
November 10, 2004, 1:03 pm
do you really get PRED mode in realistic mode??????

kkazican
November 10, 2004, 4:02 pm
So play pred mode in non-realistic who cares?

papasurf31
November 10, 2004, 9:07 pm
I think this could be done if all weapons, gosteks, scenery's and textures had a second set, which is what would be shone when predatopr mode is activated. They would be heat style colored to show heat and stuff. Players would be rainbow colored, their guns red or white, and everything else would just be kinda dark blue. Not only would this allow for you to be invisible, but make it easier to spot players hiding behind scenery. BGood idea, me likes.

Yin_Starrunner
November 11, 2004, 1:34 am
Wow, what a great idea. While not offering much change in non-real, i believe the bonuses it adds in real mode are awesome.

Roy
November 12, 2004, 4:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I think this could be done if all weapons, gosteks, scenery's and textures had a second set, which is what would be shone when predatopr mode is activated. They would be heat style colored to show heat and stuff. Players would be rainbow colored, their guns red or white, and everything else would just be kinda dark blue. Not only would this allow for you to be invisible, but make it easier to spot players hiding behind scenery. BGood idea, me likes.

Yeah, having a second set of graphics for the Predator mode was what came to mind first, but it seems redundant somehow. There must be some simple color filter which could be applied (perhaps with different filters applied independently to different types of items) which would do the job easier. But if nothing else, a second graphic set is a sure bet. Hell, give me a couple of days and I could make one.

diediedie119
December 2, 2004, 9:47 pm
kick ass idea i liek it

mipit
December 3, 2004, 9:17 pm
yess... that would be awsome! hehe i could sneak up on Judge man and knife him when hes camping (if he does)

peemonkey
December 3, 2004, 9:26 pm
i made a mod like this a while ago, but lost the files. it's not really that fun to look at. :/

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 9:16 am
Yesssss
Do it!
It would be cool!
You can see the campers behind the bushes :)

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 9:43 pm
yeah your goingdown campers
MUHAHAHAAHAHAA

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 8:54 pm
yeh but what about what happens to the vision when the predator wears off? to the colours melt into eachother to make the original colour or just alakazam normal colours, rofl alakazam

Vijchtidoodah
December 9, 2004, 9:01 pm
How would you tell the difference between teammates and the enemy?

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 9:43 pm
humans would have shoulder pads yeah, aliens would be a flueroenst colour, predators would be %40 invis or whatever i said

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 9:44 pm
LMFAO, soz guys thought it was other tyhing about aliens vs pred (maybe noobs should read the topic before posting, lol)

DT
December 9, 2004, 9:47 pm
yes you should

Vijchtidoodah
December 9, 2004, 9:58 pm
Why didn't you just delete your post?