( search forums )
Infiltration - *POW Camp Version 1.1*
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Michal
November 7, 2004, 1:33 am
Hey guys, it's my first (released) map. Prisoner of War Camp. It's a Vietnam themed infiltration map, consider the flag as the prisoner that must be taken out of enemy territory. It's pretty big, around the size of ctf_b2b I think... It's just a few sceneries short of the limit, no custom scenery (I hope). This was around my third attempt at making this map, all my other ones were crap and were full of jumpy polys, but I think this ones good :P . It's waypointed now. Anyways, have fun :D .

overview:
[IMAGE]

screens:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

EDIT: OK this version is waypointed by Inquisitor, I fixed all known poly bugs, and made a few minor changes.

download updated version 1.1:
[URL]

Tha Doggfather
November 7, 2004, 1:38 am
wow seems like making mods isn't your only talent. this look very good, nice use of shading.

im gonna download this (cant remember the last time i actually did that to a map)

EDIT:

Just fooled around on the map for a couple of minutes.

This is easily one of the best maps i ever played. Everything is right about this one.

I like the idea of the cage (only weird thing is the way out through the ground, if the flag were a POW, wouldnt he just escape through there? ;))

You can see a lot of work went into this map. I have yet to find a jumpy polygon. I'm going to open this map in mapmaker, I could learn some things about polygon placing ;)

Great work, keep it up!

The Geologist
November 7, 2004, 2:07 am
Damn...I gotta say, I'm impressed. Even looking at the overview I can see the effort put into this map. I'm gonna have to get back into map making and finish what I had started, lol (been too busy with school as of late). Damn good job!

CHE_guevara
November 7, 2004, 8:43 am
Michal This map is just like your guns...its very-very nice!!)))^^

CHE_guevara
November 7, 2004, 8:44 am
I want a waypointed one

Jap_man
November 7, 2004, 9:53 am
wow, that is one sweet ass looking map ;).

Inquisitor
November 7, 2004, 10:36 am
i finished the waypoints.
the whole fight will concentrate on the upper map. the cave won't be used (just for fleeing with the flag).
i am very sorry, but i tried nearly 4 hours (!) to make the bots fly through the lowest tunnel into the cage. finally i gave up... seemed impossible for me. may be someone else has more luck.
so i present you a bot version of inf_POW Camp, which cannot tap the full potential of the map.

anyway it is really playable !
download it here :

[URL]

(right click -> save as)

Rambo_6
November 7, 2004, 2:17 pm
Michal, if this is just yer 3rd map, I must say, I'm impressed!

I actually downloaded this map, which is something i don't often do. Great work, man

Michal
November 7, 2004, 3:43 pm
Thanks for the support, I think soon I'll start working on my next map. And thanks Iquisitor for the waypointing.

Rambo_6
November 7, 2004, 4:29 pm
Erm, Inquisitor, the red team takes some encouraging to get moving, but other than than, good job with the waypointing..

Michal
November 7, 2004, 11:44 pm
I just played on this map online, and I must say it was pretty good, even with only about 6 people.

And Rambo, the file I posted wasn't waypointed at all :O Inquisitor is still working on it...

Deleted User
November 8, 2004, 1:19 am
Great map man!!! Also I would like to see one of your mods, you got a site?

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 8, 2004, 2:09 am
uttery godly. make us some ctf maps ^^

Michal
November 8, 2004, 2:26 am
quote: Great map man!!! Also I would like to see one of your mods, you got a site?
I don't have a site, but all my mods are in the 1337 mods section of the forums, the "soldat style" interface included in the actual game is also mine ^_^

quote:uttery godly. make us some ctf maps ^^
My next map will be a winter themed ctf map :D I already got it all sketched out and ready to start.

Deleted User
November 8, 2004, 3:50 am
Ahhh, ok. Well I might be able to help you host a site for some of your files. Just add me to msn if oyu have it.

Cookie.
November 8, 2004, 4:44 am
kekeke ^__^ now i can act out the great escape :P awesome map i shall definatly download

Milkman Dan
November 8, 2004, 5:25 am
whoa that looks cool im going to go try it now

LazehBoi
November 8, 2004, 5:27 am
/me dewnloeds - LoL!111111

Looks pretty sexy, and i'm probably going to lurve it.

n00bface
November 8, 2004, 6:21 am
Bouncy as [:-censored]. Walk around without jumping/jetting for a while and you'll see what I mean. Especially annoying in a flag pursuit. Otherwise, it looks really nice and plays alright.

Chakra
November 8, 2004, 7:21 am
The next inf server i randomly join, I want to see this on.

Tha Doggfather
November 8, 2004, 4:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceBouncy as [:-censored]. Walk around without jumping/jetting for a while and you'll see what I mean. Especially annoying in a flag pursuit. Otherwise, it looks really nice and plays alright.

Bah you bash all great maps! *cough*Chernobyl*cough* ;P

Rambo_6
November 8, 2004, 4:30 pm
No i was talking about the waypointed version, michal. The red bots (some) just sit there.

chakapoko maker
November 9, 2004, 1:14 pm
my pc has broken and now i can come here again. and i've found the best inf. it's insane quality. polygon arrangement is based on MM's and scenery gives it the mood of the war. the bridge is bridge and the watchtower is watchtower. truely built. length and height of each part is obsolutely ok and every part has the scene. everything is perfect.
i haven't view the map with the editor yet, noticed continuous reskill would occur on the both sides. but it can be fit for a war theme if it's intensionally done.

edit:
i forgot to mention with the cage. that's so good one. it makes inf like a rescue operation. Michal, good things flood it.

think.tac
November 9, 2004, 8:45 pm
Awesome map. I don't think there's anything Michal really can't do.

Michal
November 9, 2004, 9:02 pm
ok, so thanks to Inquisitor, he did the waypoints for me. I will fix all the jumpy polys i know of and soon I'll release version 1.1 of this map.

Deleted User
November 10, 2004, 11:20 am
This looks brilliant, I hope it starts bouncing around the online inf servers.

Michal
November 13, 2004, 7:33 pm
Awesome, this map is now at LaughingLlamas Infiltration. But it's not the newest version :O .

Yin_Starrunner
November 15, 2004, 5:49 pm
Will d/l as soon as i get home.