Ok, i know theres alot of help out there about Dx but i can't find
a subject topic that has my problem.... and has a soulition... well heres my problem when i goto play i get setup screen, i can do all that but when i click start game all i get is a black screen, i can hear the background noise but i can't see jack all.... anybody have this problem and got it fixed???.... oh btw i'm using voodoo3... maybe thats the reason i can't play?
From the official FAQ:
6. I play the game and I don't see anything. I just hear the sounds.
Turn on the monitor.
If it still doesn't work, its a hardware compatibility error. The same as in question 1.
1. The game does not run! I get an error: cannot initialize 3d hardware, or something like that.
It's a hardware compatibility error:
- Make sure you have the latest DirectX drivers
- Try to run the game in window-mode
- Change the Windows desktop colors from 32-bit to 16-bit
- Try to change some Soldat Config settings (turn off Antialiasing, check 16-bit)
- Install the latest or different video drivers
- Try changing the windows desktop resolution and bit-rate
- Try turning down or up the graphics hardware acceleration (My Computer/Properties/Performance/Graphics)
- Try updating your motherboard drivers
- If you have Windows NT/2000 install the latest service pack
oh i got Dx 9.0c i bleave.
I use voodoo3 also with DirectX 9.0b and have no problem...
XP has problems with voodoo and suggest you to use directx 90b instead of 90c whihc gives problems to some users(w98ers). Turn off options like anti-aliasing
Can someone please tell exactly what they did to make Soldat run on Windows XP and a Voodoo3? There's all the topics about it on the forums, but each and every one of them contains lists of things you should do instead of a simple solution. Come on people, there must be someone on here that fixed the problem.
I wouldn't be complaining if making the steps from the lists helped, but nothing helps and it's probably just a simple compatibility glitch that could be fixed in a minute if someone tried.