( search forums )
Need some ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
achan1989
November 8, 2004, 5:45 pm
OK

I have done some work on my madness mod. its not from the online game, but the idea is to replace the weapons with some that are funny/stupid.

I need some ideas for what to replace some of the weapons with.
To give you some idea of the theme, this is what I have already:

Nailgun (replaces Ak-74)
Flak Cannon (replaces spas)
Cork Gun (replaces ruger)
Cannon (replaces M79)
Laser (replaces barret)
Razor Disc (replaces minigun)
Combat Banana (replaces knife)
Firework launcher (replaces law)
Acid Spray (replaces flamer)
Plunger (replaces rambo)

What I need is a replacement for the deagles, mp5, steyr, minimi, socom and the grenades. If you got any good ideas Id like to hear them.

Thanks

Alamo
November 8, 2004, 5:51 pm
i'm sorry but i don't think a mod like that will be a success. i might be terribly wrong or something but... well just my opinion.
in fact i'm not even sorry... try making some realistic mod or some really funny mod (and it should be innovative, there are soooo many flak cannons out there :/ )

achan1989
November 8, 2004, 5:54 pm
Im not really bothered if people dont like it. Its more for me and the experience of doing it since its my first mod. These are experimental weapons still, I might not keep them all in the final version. So what should I use instead of flak then.

Oh yeah, WW2 or vietnam has been covered by at least one game per month for the last few years :-s People still buy them. Lots of soldat mods with the same theme too and they get credit, but its not original.

papasurf31
November 8, 2004, 9:30 pm
We want to see weapons that are completely original and/or ingeniously funny. Ripping off weapons from other different games/mods and having generic names such as "cannon" or "laser" really don't appease to the general Soldat community. Ideas like the combat banana and the cork gun are things that we would like to see, when done well of course. Come up with some more original ideas and your chances of success will be greatly improved.

Some ideas:
Deagles - 9mm Slingshots
MP5 - Battery SMG
Steyr - Tampon Rifle
Minimi - Dildo MG
Socom - Squirrel Gun
Nades - Shrunken Heads

Svirin Kerath
November 8, 2004, 9:53 pm
damn... i was gonna have bannana slingshots for my monkey mod..

Teh Panda
November 9, 2004, 1:42 pm
Boobcannon!

Svirin Kerath
November 10, 2004, 8:24 pm
i have a "poo cannon" for he monkey mod..

achan1989
November 10, 2004, 8:47 pm
I tried making a poo cannon at the start but it looked crap. Then I tried a bowling ball. Too little detail, it looked like a smiley face. so now its dark and a cannonball. bah

Svirin Kerath
November 22, 2004, 9:39 pm
isn't a poo-cannon /supposed/ to look like crap? O.o