( search forums )
The People Of Soldat...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Skate4Razors
November 8, 2004, 10:24 pm
I've been on these forums for a while and I've noticed a lot of people know eachother and stuff. I was wondering, how far does Soldat go? I mean, who was here first besides Michal? Also, how did you find out about Soldat? I guess this is a dumb thread... I just want to know! :P

I found out about Soldat from my friend Michael. We paintball together and he said something about Soldat. I said, "That sound boring...", but I checked it out one day because I was bored. When I started playing. I was like, "WOW!", I almost peed my pants it was so fun. Even though I was losing to the wimpiest bots... It's so fun!

I guess that's it, post your info and poopi like that! Tell me some history of you and Soldat related. :O

N1nj@
November 8, 2004, 10:30 pm
stop copying Meandor

n00bface
November 8, 2004, 10:31 pm
I used to play wolfenstein a lot and I made this text-based online RPG, and the guy who did the character graphics (Sgt. Slaughter) told me to play Soldat. So I played for like a week and decided it sucked because I'd never played a 2D game and didn't know how to aim. I thought the m79 was like a panzerfaust, but I still couldn't use it, so I gave up for 2 weeks...then I tried again using barret and dominated, so I kept using the barret for 3 more months and got addicted.

kkazican
November 8, 2004, 11:09 pm
I was at mpogd and I looked up free action games and found soldat about 2 years ago. I played for 2 weeks and sucked. I quit then a month later I started playing again with barret and completely raped. Then noticing how unfair the barret was (before all the whiners) I switched to ruger because of how similar it was but also how hard too because it used to shoot slower and it's puny clip size. I love using rifles so I stuck with it and next patch ruger sped up and I was addicted ever since.

that fuking sniper
November 9, 2004, 12:09 am
Was told about it by a friend that had long quit the game. I've been around since 1.0.3b.

wormdundee
November 9, 2004, 12:11 am
man, i cant remember how i found soldat...

i know it had something to do with liero..and Terror Sabbath
o, wait, i think i was in SP's section of Terror Sabbath or something, and he found it
or maybe that was when i was in D11

i have no freakin clue

think.tac
November 9, 2004, 1:23 am
I sat in the same position for 8 weeks. I ate nothing but microwave popcorn and drank only lemon juice. On the 56th day, a small, white rat appeared, and he said unto me "Soldat.pl." I rushed to my computer, and there I downloaded 1.1.5.

Elephant_Hunter
November 9, 2004, 1:35 am
The first time I used IRC some guy told me to visit the Soldat website and check it out.

Duke33
November 9, 2004, 2:02 am
I found it on some crap site, around 2ish years ago. I downloaded it (1.05), thought it wasn't too bad. About 2 months later, I figured out the multiplayer. Got totally addicted, joined the forums, spammed with excellent grammar and managed to get 1000 posts and got bloody good in the game. Around that point, I got sick of it and stopped everything for half a year. Started again, and I've been continuing on a lower level since then...

Skate4Razors
November 9, 2004, 2:18 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@stop copying Meandor

Oh, I'm SO SORRY! I will never do it again your worshipfulness! By the way, who is Meandor?

F3nyx
November 9, 2004, 2:50 am
I first heard of Soldat when I saw version 1.12 on Fileplanet's list of latest PC game demos. That was a year or two back, I guess. I usually stop playing for about 3 months before a new version comes out... it's one of my favorite games of all time, but it does get old eventually. No worries, those Desert Eagles are forever familiar to mine hands.

I think I've fought maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the forumers here... I'm not majorly involved in the community, but I'm playing Soldat rather a lot recently -- new version rocks.

N1nj@
November 9, 2004, 3:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Skate4Razorsquote:Originally posted by N1nj@stop copying Meandor

Oh, I'm SO SORRY! I will never do it again your worshipfulness! By the way, who is Meandor?
why the fuk are you writing in pink

Skate4Razors
November 9, 2004, 3:49 am
I don't know... Pink is better than black sometimes...

Cookie.
November 9, 2004, 4:11 am
Why not type in a colour that is hard to read and in a tiny font? i think i found it on fetchfido games perhaps dunno[/blue]

DT
November 9, 2004, 4:49 am
my insane friend who tries to light people with flamethrowers told me about it... i don't talk to him anymore though

Jap_man
November 9, 2004, 4:58 am
Lazeh told me about it around a year ago. >_>

The Geologist
November 9, 2004, 5:19 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@why the fuk are you writing in pink

Since when did Meandor copyrite writing in pink? Sheesh..lay off the guy. It's a damn color.

Teh Panda
November 9, 2004, 6:11 am
Hmm... I started awhile ago... It was 105b and my friend found it. He burnt it on cd and i started playing. I stopped after 105b and started again when 1.2 were released.

EndertheXenocide
November 9, 2004, 7:10 am
I heard it from a bunch of friends of mine. they told me download it and try it out. so i did. I sucked at first and eventually have become a lot better of a player than i used to be.

Deleted User
November 9, 2004, 7:17 am
Well, I found it on file planet as version 1.1.5, when 1.2 was out. I played a bunch with bot for maybe a month then found out that there was actually a multiplayer mode, but only in the latest version. So ya it was fun.

Element_101
November 9, 2004, 9:13 am
This Thread Is Like One I Posted Ages Ago.

Anyway Yeah I Went To My Couzs House After School One Day And He Was Playing It, Looked Cool So I Went Home And Got It.

ThaD
November 9, 2004, 9:20 am
Michal appeared in my dream and said: "Go to www.soldat.pl and download this cool stuff now!"

moreless...

Jaz
November 9, 2004, 12:34 pm
Some spanish guy from worms armageddon told me to try it.

Hektik Sniper
November 9, 2004, 1:22 pm
writing in pink is banned? Guess ill have to do it from now on too :(

mad_cow11
November 9, 2004, 4:25 pm
I was told about it on another forum. I tried it and couldnt play online (forgot the fix i think) so left it for a bit, then came back and got the fix and have been playing ever since.

Meandor
November 9, 2004, 4:49 pm
I'm not writing in pink, evil doers stole the html ;<

blackdevil0742
November 9, 2004, 8:04 pm
I found Soldat on a CD in a magazine PC HEMMA CD 01/2003
fisrt the game didn't work, two weeks later I tried again and got it to work...then WOW this is a great game.

Enik
November 9, 2004, 10:52 pm
I got it from my bro, he said: check it out.. so i did, and start playin in pubs.
I found it a lot of fun, also cause my computer could not handle much better games:p
I've been playin soldat over 2 years now.

die nadel
November 10, 2004, 1:40 am
i used to play the 2d game liero, it got boring but the style was fun so i looked for more similar to it with better graphics, i found soldat

HOBBES
November 10, 2004, 5:48 pm
My friend downloaded it somewhere and told me about it. It didn´t work on meh old computer but I got it working. I think the version was 1.0.5. I started using ak74 at that time, and still using the b*stard :D. Then one day I thought I could maybe find some soldat stuff from internet. I didn´t find "some soldat stuff", I found a huge community. I also realised there is a new version of soldat. It was 1.4, I think. Wow! Secondaries.....

AerialAssault
November 11, 2004, 2:32 am
yin starrunner and i live in the same town, but we met through soldat.

karmazon
November 11, 2004, 2:50 am
I got it from this one Polish message board, some guy told me about it, and I got addicted.

Transit
November 11, 2004, 5:02 am
About a week after downloading msn messenger, about 5 of my real life friends got online and told me to download it. 1.1.5 I think. I just joined their rambo match and got owned. But then I started playing on my own, and got addicted. All of my friends fell out of the game, but I kept on playing. There was this guy/bot? named GOD who'd always own me in this Brazilian server back when I rarely played anywhere but there and against bots. And I never even figured there was a huge community. He said I had terrible reaction time. But it was fun nonetheless. So I quit off and on and then this summer started a clan and joined the SDL. It's safe to say that league was a joke but I met the person who would get me off Barrett, (Spike), and another who's been my friend and fellow teammate since, (Dark Stranger). Long story, oh and I used to wear white pants in game. What the hell was I thinking?

Social Poison
November 11, 2004, 6:00 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperWas told about it by a friend that had long quit the game. I've been around since 1.0.3b.

Hehe... I've only barely been around longer than TFS. I started playing during 1.02b, very shortly before 1.03b was released.

I heard about Soldat through the LieroNet forums (R.I.P.). The wacky poster of those forums (Ulv) posted a thread that had something to the effect of "OMG!" as the title, and just a link to the Soldat homepage. I've been playing ever since. You probably saw it through the same place, Worm.

lpzie
November 11, 2004, 11:23 am
might as well reply...

i cant recall when i started, was a looooong while back... over a year... havent played it for a loong too also... just recently came back...

cya in game =)

Skate4Razors
November 11, 2004, 11:43 am
I am suprised all you guys posted in here! I'm gunna try and tell a lot of people at my school about Soldat. Thx guys, and keep posting!

P.S. Good ole' pink!

Ymies
November 11, 2004, 4:00 pm
haxxXeD ANd p00awnd nAD did teh haXxxxz0re and g0T addictexxcctdd etccc

actually my friend once showed me and so on... 2 3/4 years ago o_O

Green Barret
November 12, 2004, 8:25 am
I first found about this game while i was at an internet cafe. It looked awesome and I got hooked on it ever since. I was a big fan of several FPS games(CS, TFC, AA and so on) so i was able to learn this game quickly. Played since 1.1.2 and I have only recently join the forums.
The reason i play it so much is because i have a 6+ year old computer, so this game is practicly the best game i can play.
This game is awesome, but i have to say you get easily tired of it.

Ymies
November 12, 2004, 1:09 pm
you can NOT get tired with it ;F

Yakirx
November 12, 2004, 6:43 pm
My Friend told me to try it,so i did :).

Spectral
November 12, 2004, 10:41 pm
gamehippo.com was where i found it.

Jello
November 13, 2004, 4:08 am
My cousin first told me about it a WHILE ago, probably between 1 and 1/2 or 2 years ago. I downloaded it on my old comp and it didnt work. Some graphics trouble...who the hell knows.
Then when I got mah new computer, I downloaded it again and it worked. But not the multiplayer, cause I didn't have the fix.
I just played against bots for a helluva long time. One day on a whim I checked the site and saw the fix. Downloaded it, and started playing online. This was over the summer. Eventually I joined the forums after just reading them for a while.
So thats my history.

Pulp
November 13, 2004, 4:31 am
I saw someone drinking out of this mug ...

[IMAGE]

... wearing this pullover ...

[IMAGE]

... and wearing this cap ...

[IMAGE]

( pictures from http://www.cafepress.com/soldat )

AerialAssault
November 13, 2004, 5:33 pm
honestly?

Blackdeath
November 13, 2004, 11:17 pm
Well despite my lack of forum particpation I've been around for about two-three years so I dunno what version that would put me at prolly 1.0.5 or something. lol that's all we did in Tech class in grade 10. Long Live SOLDAT!

Spectral
November 14, 2004, 1:57 am
ya this game did not exist 3 years ago ;Q

Flying_Dutchman
November 14, 2004, 12:41 pm
About a year or 2 ago I was chilling out on the couch with a cop o'coffee reading the newspaper and then all of the sudden a brick crashed trough my window. There was a note on it, it said: 'soldat.pl', nothing else, so I went to check it out and there you go, another soldat addict.

I never discovered who threw the brick though.

Sekushi
November 14, 2004, 8:02 pm
I learned about it about 2 to 2 and 1/2 years ago. My friend told me to go. So I did. Version was 1.1.3. My first weapon was baret, as well. :x

MarciveR
November 14, 2004, 11:19 pm
Got bored of CS one day, and tried CS2D, there I saw some dudes talking about Soldat (this happend 3 days ago). :P

Skate4Razors
November 15, 2004, 9:01 pm
Wow, 3 days ago and your already on the forums. Most people play for a year and get on the forums! =O

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 15, 2004, 10:17 pm
i got the game as soon as it went on gamehippo. it was like 2 and a half years ago at my birthday. The only reason i remember is cuz it was the first time a friend(known as vernonjr in this game) had been to my birthday. He showed it to me. And as soon as i started playing i got hooked. It owns me or something. my old name was CerealKiller

Urhos
November 16, 2004, 1:05 am
i found the game accidentally, i was searchin' pics of german soldiers (soldat doh).
version was 1.05b yatta ;Q

mmeaney
November 16, 2004, 6:02 am
I found the game when I was looking for MMO games. I was looking for a game exactly like this, so when I dled it and played, I was amazed. THe best moment of my life. That was 2 weeks ago.

Shivorken
November 16, 2004, 9:03 am
A friend told me about this game, but at first i didn't play cuz i was addicted to Stick Soldiers 2 :P. When that got boring, It wuz 4 months before i realise that soldat wuz still on my computer ... and guess what ... i got addicted :D.

3rd_account
November 16, 2004, 1:11 pm
I had missplaced my Worms 2 CD and was pissed. And the computer wasn't good enough to handle Liero Xtreme. So I serched the web for 2D multiplayer shooters. Soldat was the best candidate I found. Even though it was ye old 1.0.2b.

You should have seen me with the Spas back then! I could was one of the best ones out there. After ~6 months CS-brake I couldn't even kill Booige Man with it anymore. Now I auto whore instead.

DT
November 16, 2004, 3:37 pm
I often wonder if i'm facing a girl or not...
and if they have better hardware and software (most likly) then me...
and... i wonder what type of people they are...

Marbire
November 18, 2004, 6:00 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixi got the game as soon as it went on gamehippo. it was like 2 and a half years ago at my birthday. The only reason i remember is cuz it was the first time a friend(known as vernonjr in this game) had been to my birthday. He showed it to me. And as soon as i started playing i got hooked. It owns me or something. my old name was CerealKiller

2 and a half years ago was the release of the very first beta version of soldat. You sure there mike? ;) I don't remember you or clan phoenix until I came out of retirement like....... 1 year ago at most.

I dunno, just wondering. Seems like a lot of people around here bull[IMAGE] about when they started...... not like it matters..

that fuking sniper
November 18, 2004, 6:09 am
Mmm, true, I started Sep 2002, and that wasnt even near 0.9b (whatever the first version was).

DT
November 18, 2004, 3:37 pm
*stares at Urhos's avatar*
[IMAGE]y...
hey who where the First people that started with soldat.. ( other then MM )

DeMonIc
November 18, 2004, 5:10 pm
I got internet, I was happy, n stuff..my pal came to our house, and he said: What games do you play on net? My answer was no, so he showed me Soldat.pl...the [IMAGE]!

AnzX Vi3t
November 19, 2004, 3:28 pm
I think about 1 and a half years ago i found soldat from a friend..I played for a week and quit becuz ihad no idea there was multiplayer..2 weeks later i played again and then i quit again after a month...like 3 months later i rejoined and now im me :)

Sprocket
November 20, 2004, 10:01 am
i saw soldat when i was D11.
it was version 1.05b i seem to recall..

Jaz
November 20, 2004, 4:22 pm
I started 2 years ago :o. Dunno which version but I believe 1.05 was teh besht.

Skate4Razors
November 20, 2004, 5:08 pm
Everyone started with version 1.5... I started with 1.2, so goody me! =P

nazazel
December 8, 2004, 1:29 pm
i started with version 1.5
still suck :P but it's a realy fun game

ynnePmoT
December 8, 2004, 2:55 pm
google.com ^^

December 8, 2004, 10:51 pm
Heard about it from brother, signed up for one of the old betas. 0.9.7b, methinks. Played, but didn't use the forum. Shazzam.

Mr. Domino
December 9, 2004, 4:45 pm
The excellent Flash ninja platformer N makes mention of Soldat with a link in the credits. Believe I finally checked out the link about three months ago now.