( search forums )
Infiltration & Capture the Flag
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
tntnik
November 8, 2004, 10:34 pm
i love the Infiltration mode and acctually was thinking about it long before it came out, but what I am suggesting is the reverse of it:
where the Red team gets the flag in or near their own base, and they have to bring that flag to their opponent's base (Blue team). When the Red soldier that carried the flag dies, the flag falls to the ground, and the Blue team needs to touch the flag for it to return to the Red team's base (also u might put a timer on that - when the Blue team touches the flag, u would need to wait 2-5 seconds - either near the flag or away from it - for it to come back to Red's base, but if a Red soldier gets the flag before the timer runs out, the return of the flag is CANCELED)
Points: Red will get about 40 points for bringing the flag; Blue will get 1 point each 3-5 seconds, and like 10-20 points for returning the flag

Capture the flag: i thought of having ONE flag in the middle of the map (like in paintball) where Red and Blue team needs to get to it and bring it to their opponents' base (might consider having implanted SURVIVER mode in it or having "x" respawns for each team - which may be counted by points the team got)

n00bface
November 8, 2004, 10:39 pm
You can already make maps like this...In fact, the official map "inf_Invasion" is played in this style.
There isn't a CTF map like your CTF suggestion, but one can be just as easily made.

AerialAssault
November 8, 2004, 10:57 pm
yeah, but n00bface, on that map its impossible for blue team to win, because they get a point every 5 seconds the flag is returned, but the flag is never returned for 5 seconds because its right next to red teams spawn point. hes suggesting that blue get points over time no matter what.

die nadel
November 8, 2004, 11:26 pm
yeah some editing of blue teams scoring needs to happen for that to work well, i mean really how many people have seen blue team win? and how many times?

zyxstand
November 8, 2004, 11:29 pm
i guess tats a good idea but blue shouldn't get points for returning the red team's flag and get points (in reverse inf) cuz of that shoot-flag-out-and-return-for-points-all-the-time thingy... i also had ideas like that, and n00bface - not too smart thinking

F3nyx
November 9, 2004, 2:55 am
Interesting idea... the really big problem with INF-Invasion is that Blue never gets points, because Red's always got the flag.

A new gametype might fix that... but there is such a thing as too many gametypes.

tntnik
November 9, 2004, 9:35 pm
true,
but u know what, i think that "Infiltration" gametype can combine the Infiltration mod right now, and my idea. This also gives me and idea - since right now, any server can only have a certain gametype mode (teammatch, dm,ctf..) and the certain mod (realistc, adv, surv), what im suggesting for Soldat is that on one server, u could interchange the mods and gametypes by either an admin or the map, for example - any ctf_ map is already set to be a CTF gametype, any inf_ map is set to infiltration gametype, but when having any DM/TM/Rambo/Point maps, you could choose the mod u want to be played on that certain server by writting DM/TM/RM/PM near the map chosen in the "Start" section of soldat, where u setup ur server. The same with realistc, Advanse, survival mods.
Also in MapMaker when u make ur map, u should be able to write with what gametype and mods should this map be played; so if the map is STRICTLY Teammatch + (survival and/or Realistic) mods than u will write it in the mapmaker (where in it, its ur choise, for example in the "Map" catagory)

Yin_Starrunner
November 11, 2004, 1:39 am
quote:Originally posted by die nadelyeah some editing of blue teams scoring needs to happen for that to work well, i mean really how many people have seen blue team win? and how many times?

*cough cough* Every time im on blue, we win. </lies>