( search forums )
bots and console
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
bullen
November 9, 2004, 7:40 pm
Why not give the bots the ability to pick up weapons and throw knifes??? it whould be really cool.
And then a /quit console comand whould be great so that you can go straight out whithout menues...

Will
November 9, 2004, 7:45 pm
hmm.....

i like the idea of the bot picking up weps, but i dont see the point in the /quit command as the menus are quick enough to use.

tntnik
November 9, 2004, 9:50 pm
maybe he means quit the whole game, that would be cool
and yes improving on bots is something Soldat needs!

Magniitude
November 9, 2004, 9:52 pm
Why would you want to play against bots? If you want more competiton, play ONLINE.

zyxstand
November 9, 2004, 10:48 pm
i agree in having bots be able to pick up or drop weapons and throw knives
---!!! and also have bots only use the chainsaw when ur close !!!---

and as of the /quit, if u just wanna go to the main menu just use the menu (as said b4) and if u wanna quit the whole program just use the command /shutdown

Jap_man
November 10, 2004, 5:16 am
The idea about the bots picking up weapons and throwing kinves is cool. ;)

bullen
November 10, 2004, 2:56 pm
I play online for the first...
but before it comes people to ure server it is good to have bots... and you want competision then to... thanks for the comand... did not think about /shutdown... i just did like I do in wc3 and cs and it did not work... ;)

mad_cow11
November 10, 2004, 8:42 pm
I like the bot idea, but i thought they took out the /shutdown command because if you wanted to leave you could just use the menus, and hackers found out how to admin a server then they would just do /shutdown (or so i heard).

papasurf31
November 10, 2004, 9:02 pm
Bot AI could be imroved greatly. Here are some the ways:
-they should be able to use grenades
-only use chainsaw when next to you
-throw knives
-throw away weapons to pick up new ones. This could be easily programed, becasue they already know to throw away their weapons when encountering a rambo bow, why not with other weapons?
-straight jump to move faster(--> + ^)
-lead their shots a bit
-not aim directly with m79/compensate for bullet arc
-crouch and prone to take cover INTELLIGENTLY
-flush out humans with random bullet spray
-know how to superman, minigun hover, and m79 jump (not likely but would be cool)
-etc.

BManx2000
November 10, 2004, 10:51 pm
Bots already use nades and straight jumps.

die nadel
November 10, 2004, 11:12 pm
why do we need to improve bots? i never play with bots...

tntnik
November 11, 2004, 1:34 am
well for begining servers its a dream... ppl would join the server cuz it has ppl in it, even if they r bots they will be more fun to play with then they r right now