( search forums )
Watching recordings
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
MAsre
November 9, 2004, 11:07 pm
How do I watch recordings? It says something about a "demo" parameter, but how is that accessed? Or do I have to register to watch demos?

N1nj@
November 9, 2004, 11:44 pm
I've recorded them, now how do I play them?

We've had quite a few people asking how to play the demos they have recorded. For that there is the excellent Diamond Demo Player created by Pr0ger.

Extract the file in to the Soldat Directory and run it from there. Most people then create a shortcut to it on their desktop.

Skate4Razors
November 10, 2004, 12:24 am
What you can do is type the name of the demo into the "join game" thingy. Where it says the ip #'s and stuff. Type in demo1 or any other one.

---or---

You can download the Diamond Demo Player from HERE and put it in your Soldat folder. Then you open it and play a demo!

I hope I helped you enough! =P

kkazican
November 10, 2004, 1:07 am
*sigh* Use search. Or go back 1 page and you will most likely find 8 other posts asking the same thing.

The easiest way to watch a demo is to open soldat and in the join screen type 0 for the port and then in the IP section type in the name of the demo

Example:
(Normal)
IP:67.193.442.95 Port:23073 Pass:
(Demo Watching)
IP:Demo1 Port:0 Pass:

BManx2000
November 10, 2004, 1:26 am
To watch demos, type the demo name (without the extension .sdm) in the ip field of the join game menu and type 0 in the port field, then click join game. Or, run soldat with the parameter
-demo name freecam speed notexts extract
Or, the easiest way, download the diamond demo player and use that. I'm not going to find it for you, so use the search.

Jap_man
November 10, 2004, 5:34 am
you can either a) get the diamond demo player
or
b) go to join game, in the server IP box, write the demo name and write 0 for the port.

b00stA
November 10, 2004, 1:38 pm
HELLO! I AM USEFUL!