( search forums )
PUBLIC CTF - server IP address:158.135.245.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
yes4me
November 10, 2004, 9:00 am
This is my first post. So hi all !!
I hope I don't get banned from this forum since I didn't even read the rules.

I started to play "Soldat" on the November 8th, 2004. It is not too far off... heck it is like 2-3 days of gameplay so far.

I am a complete newbie. I barely know how to play. I have a hard time to kill people who are barely moving!! NO I AM NOT LAGGING!! By the end of a game, I usually die +50 times and kill usually around 8 players. On top of that, there is a high chance I would kill myself with my OWN secondary weapon (I don't remember the name but it looks like a rocket launcher) and grenades... oh you don't have even an idea what I mean by a lot... I really mean HELL lot. I even killed myself with a shotgun a few times!! Since then I don't use shotgun, since I am fed up of killing myself. In every game I played, I end up LAST. Doesn't matter if you are in the blue/red team... I am last. I am really trying to help my team. But I am so bad, the opposite team at one point didn't even bother shooting at me.

Well I have just joined a server called PUBLIC CTF something, IP address 158.135.245.44 a few minutes ago. I just started to play roughly about 1-2 minute. I didn't kill nobody but died at least 3 times. As I was dying again (what a surprise), I saw a health box under the flag... so I am running under the flag and grab it. As I about to head back up, I see a guy who took our flag. So I switch to that secondary weapon, shoot it, and hope I don't blew myself as usual. I killed him!! Well that's a nice surprise. Last time I did that I had the flag and blew myself right in front of my opponent. Well the guy didn't like what I did. He called me a camper and I got banned from playing on that server. What a great way to start playing Soldat :(

Hektik Sniper
November 10, 2004, 9:37 am
yeah, there are some servers that aint very tolerant of new people. Keep trying and you will find some good servers ;o

Melba
November 10, 2004, 3:24 pm
wow, what a loser.

its odd tho.. everyone seems to be complaining about the community and lame admins and stuff. I rarely come across those guys, and i play alot public.

anyway. Welcome to soldat buddy :)

Edit: and of course you suck, i used to think easy bots was like really hard, but then i got better, and now impossible is no match.
note, this is nothing to brag about, as bots generally sucks compared to online players.

Svirin Kerath
November 10, 2004, 8:12 pm
ah! a newbie! (note: newbie is different from a "n00b")
^_^ you'll get better. i sucked once, too. try playing with just bots until you get better, then trek onto the grand world that is online Soldat! you meet jerks every so often, but it's the kinda thing where ya hafta kinda... earn their respect. O.o

AerialAssault
November 11, 2004, 2:42 am
how convienient, he didnt read the rules...its almost social suicide for a newbie to openly admit to that on these forums.

Melba
November 12, 2004, 10:00 am
i dont care :/
xcept when mods are breaking avy rules :P

Yin_Starrunner
November 12, 2004, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulthow convienient, he didnt read the rules...its almost social suicide for a newbie to openly admit to that on these forums.

Bah. I respect that. Unfortunately, I have never been a "newb". Maybe for like 5 minutes, but that's just cause i was testng out all the weaps. Ya, I kick ass.