( search forums )
Designator as 2ndary weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Boer
November 10, 2004, 12:54 pm
I tought it would be great if you were able to tell others in your team where to shoot.
With the designator you paint a target, and on your teammates screen a arrow or thingy appears, with a distance in brackets(in metres whatever, but it will be to the advantage of snipers especially).So when you spot a huge group of barret players, or campers, you paint them, out of the blue your team respons and bullets fly.This will enhance the team feeling of the game.It should run out of power in 5sec,and reload the twice of the law to prevent abusing . It would work nice in realistic mode.maby it'lll rip the game apart, maby not: What do you think??

Sprocket
November 10, 2004, 1:28 pm
its to advanced..

Boer
November 10, 2004, 1:47 pm
well if the idea of "radar like thingy" is implemented, then it should be fairely easy to combine it with this.

kkazican
November 10, 2004, 4:05 pm
Easy to combine but not necessary and basically useless. If there is a camper and you somehow manage to mark him then chances are is your team already knows about him because he isn't invisible. Also if marked he will also move. Also how would you mark him? by scrolling accross the map and then clicking on his location?

No

STEELIX
November 10, 2004, 4:27 pm
soldat is non-stop in movement, everyone moves.. imo markers are near to useless

Alamo
November 10, 2004, 5:47 pm
that's not a very good suggestion. in fact it's quite dumb. It would clutter up the game with a useless possibility.

bucky_brad
November 10, 2004, 7:54 pm
IMO soldat is just to fast for this.

AerialAssault
November 10, 2004, 9:22 pm
i dont think this is a good idea for soldat.

BManx2000
November 10, 2004, 10:37 pm
Designator should remain in Tribes, where it has a use.

die nadel
November 10, 2004, 11:14 pm
yeah don't bring it into soldat its pretty much pointless and any use it does have could be counter acted by moving

AerialAssault
November 11, 2004, 2:28 am
what the hell are you?

DT
November 11, 2004, 6:16 am
yes just dodge the shoots... or use a nice trusty law

Jello
November 13, 2004, 4:28 am
I just think that you'd probably die before it had any effect.
Think about it: standing in front of an enemy camper unarmed waiting for your team to show up.
I have a feeling you'd die fast.

LazehBoi
November 13, 2004, 6:11 am
It sounds cool, but it's too complicated. >.>