( search forums )
Ninja Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
November 10, 2004, 7:30 pm

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=5050

[IMAGE]

Doesn't look like much, but try it. It's alot like soldat, but with swords and throwing stars instead. The first woods mission isn't much to go on, but after that it just gets better, with a few prince of persia traps and bosses who take forever to kill. I love it when you attack a ninja and your swords clash - ting - and bounce off one another. Graphics are quite good too.

BManx2000
November 10, 2004, 7:40 pm
Way to direct link to an underdogs image.

N1nj@
November 10, 2004, 9:09 pm
got any more crazy games?

Chakra
November 10, 2004, 9:17 pm
...was working before ¬_¬

Deleted User
November 10, 2004, 9:19 pm
Great game. It got a bit boring after the flying fireball shooting grandpa though.

BManx2000
November 10, 2004, 10:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra...was working before ¬_¬

'coz you had the image cached.

die nadel
November 10, 2004, 10:58 pm
meh, its ok...

Michal Marcinkowski
November 10, 2004, 10:59 pm
Oh yes! Actually I played this game a few days ago and it's one of the best games I've ever player!!! Seriously very fun, I would like to see this made on the Soldat engine :). I can't defeat the boss, any tips?

AerialAssault
November 11, 2004, 2:31 am
maybe we can see soldat on its engine?

Beren
November 11, 2004, 2:33 am
I dowoloaded this game thanks to your recommendation.Pure Gold. The only problem I have with it is having to start at the begginning every time you play again, but I guess it'd be too easy to beat otherwise.

BManx2000
November 11, 2004, 3:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI can't defeat the boss, any tips?

Eh, just hit him until he dies. He deflects shurikens while he's visible, and when you hit him with your sword he turns invisible. He also turns invisible randomly sometimes. When he's invisible, you can still see his shadow, and more importantly, you can hit him with shurikens. Sometimes you can hit him 4 times in a row by standing on him and mashing the attack button.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 11, 2004, 2:32 pm
The first level is easy, you just have to run left constantly, throw shurikens all the time and hit back the enemy shurikens. It's fun to watch them die from their own weapons.

Chakra
November 11, 2004, 3:49 pm
tip: go right to the top at the beginning of the first level for a health upgrade

BManx2000
November 11, 2004, 4:02 pm
YES! I beat the game without continuing!

Beren
November 11, 2004, 6:31 pm
So far the farthest I've gotten is the fireball guy on top of the tower. By the way, I'm ignorant, so whats all this talk about "seeing soldat on its engine", what would that mean?

Chakra
November 11, 2004, 6:53 pm
If the weapon's editor is advanced enough, maybe ninja's could really feature in soldat ... perhaps he's hinting at the prospects to come? :D

Droopy
November 11, 2004, 7:54 pm
Everybody loves a ninja. It's even better than Splinter Cell.

Downloading!

In the meantime:
Do ninjas use katanas(*wush*)?

N1nj@
November 11, 2004, 9:58 pm
Yes they do! Everybody luvs meh!! lol

karmazon
November 11, 2004, 10:47 pm
I had this game on NES :)

Beren
November 11, 2004, 10:52 pm
Ninjas+Soldat? I think I'm about to faint. I feel another secondary coming on.....sword.

Yin_Starrunner
November 11, 2004, 11:33 pm
Geez, I guess the power of the ninja hates me. I suck so bad at this. My high score was like 8900. I got to the first boss and died. I'll just stick to soladt, i guess. :P

that fuking sniper
November 12, 2004, 1:37 am
quote:Originally posted by DroopyEverybody loves a ninja. It's even better than Splinter Cell.

Downloading!

In the meantime:
Do ninjas use katanas(*wush*)?

No, they did not. Katanas were made almost always by Samurai-serving blacksmiths and they did not usually ply their trade to help Ninjas, which were extremely loathed by the Samurai's for their 'dishonorable means of warfare' (A.K.A sneak attacks). The Ninjas used shorter swords that looked like Katanas, but they werent of the same quality. These were called Ninja-to's and were easier for use by a discreet killer, stabbing back and forth rapidly. Katanas can be used for stabbing, but they're much too big for close-up assassinations, and can be easily noticed for their area of light-reflection. Katanas were also more effective at slashing than stabbing.

Noobile
November 12, 2004, 3:42 am
Hey Michal....

(heh heh) why don't ya relase the source code for the engine? somone could make a ninja soldat (like that'll ever happen, hopes and dreams, hopes and dreams...)

that fuking sniper
November 12, 2004, 4:36 am
Mmm, maybe make a small Soldat game mode that gives you shurikens and ninja-to's? Realistic mode, black moded ninja-alfit gosteks and a dark blue/black background for maps would make it all sneaky sneaky stuff. Now I'm inspired, bah.

Social Poison
November 12, 2004, 4:52 am
The Underdogs keeps on banning me as an "accidental leecher" :-|

Aegis
November 12, 2004, 5:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Social PoisonThe Underdogs keeps on banning me as an "accidental leecher" :-|

Are you using a download accelerator(segmented downloading?)