( search forums )
Gametypes and mods
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
tntnik
November 12, 2004, 2:35 am
You know how each and every server on soldat must have a SPECIFIC Gameplay (ie ctf) and mods (ie Realistic) for the whole rotation of maps? where if u were to join a Teammatch + advance and realistic mods server, the gameplay will never change throughout its maprotation.

Well what I am suggesting is that u could interchange the mods and gametypes by either an admin or the map, for example - any ctf_ map is already set to be a CTF gametype, any inf_ map is set to infiltration gametype, but when having any DM/TM/Rambo/Point maps, you could choose the gametype u want to be played on that certain server by writting DM/TM/RM/PM near the map chosen in the "Start" section of soldat, where u setup ur server. The same with realistc, Advance, survival mods. So what u would have is a server playing different maps with different gametypes + modifications, since many maps are good in teammatch with realistic, or maybe deathmatch with advance, or rambomatch with no mods. This will add variety and thus fun to playing on one server, and not having to switch to other servers that has something else then Deathmatch cuz ur tyred of it.

Also in MapMaker when u make ur map, u should be able to write with what gametype and mods should this map be played; so if the map is STRICTLY Teammatch + (survival and/or Realistic) mods than u will write it in the mapmaker (where in it, its ur choise, for example in the "Map" catagory) So the people playing the map will play the gametype and mods the creator wanted them to, because it makes the gameplay a lot more fun.

Yin_Starrunner
November 12, 2004, 8:53 pm
Ummmm, this is kinda good. But the biggest problem i see with it is that if a person is an avid realistic mode player, then joins a server just for it to change to non-real advance mode could be kinda annoying.

But how about instead of an admin doing it, we have votes for different gametypes, mods, maybe even weapons.....nah. But i think this way everyone will be happy. But then you run the risk of people coming in and calling a vote jsut to change it to real mode. But I guess if the people in the server don't want real mode, they won't vote for it.... ah, the power of democracy!

tntnik
November 13, 2004, 5:41 pm
lol, yea that would be cool
i know what u mean, but i think servers should have an option on what i said - having maps with certain gametypes/mods and the VOTE on gametypes and mods should always be an option for the ppl playing on that server, only making like a 10minute delay (since changing gametype and mods is something big)

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 3:37 pm
neat idea tntnik, voting on what game mode would be good, but there's always some pro who is good with any gun she/he picks up so advance mode would be pointless