( search forums )
ARGH NOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
SuperKill
November 12, 2004, 10:33 am
i just finished downloading need for speed underground 2, it tells me i gotta install DirectX 9.0c to continue.

when i try to install DirectX 9.0c, i get this error while installing:
[IMAGE]
translated it means:
the software you are installing did not passed the checks of Windows Logo to verify her match for Windows XP. (tell me more about why are those checks important)

This software will not be installed. Address your system administrator.

...THE [IMAGE] !?
it doesnt let me download the latest update from windowsupdate, and my version of windows is legal (came with a case and all) :/
does anyone have a clue what's wrong with the directx9.0c install, or how do i disable those "checks" ?

palloco
November 12, 2004, 11:59 am
A pirated case maybe?
Upgrade to SP2 if you can.

SuperKill
November 12, 2004, 12:54 pm
dont know if its pirated but i guess its not, since i ordered it from microsoft.
and i just found out i cant install any service pack.
with service pack 1 it says "Setup cannot update your Windows XP files because the language installed on your computer is diffrent from the update language".. and i cant find any hebrew versions for SP1.
[IMAGE]
and when i try to get service pack 2 through windows update, it downloads something else (i think) and fails at downloading that thing without even mentioning why it failed.
f*cking microsoft i want my directx 9.0 x(((

DT
November 12, 2004, 4:40 pm
i think its taunting you
start reinstalling

Meandor
November 12, 2004, 5:37 pm
You're using XP profiles right? Windows has this stupid compatibility check (just microsoft products have been tested more or less -.-) that affects drivers and such that work for the whole pc and not just one profile. If you install it from the administrator profile or make your own profile administrator (you need to do this from a profile that has already administration powers) it should work.

LumpyFerret
November 12, 2004, 8:25 pm
its because you cant draw superkill.

and also because your retarded isralie computer..

well its retarded..

fabmanx
November 12, 2004, 10:53 pm
NFS 2 already out?!!?!

Spectral
November 12, 2004, 10:59 pm
stop haxing Superkill

Weed
November 13, 2004, 12:35 am
you just finished "downloading" nfs? uh uh...
illegal action #12312313

Sprocket
November 13, 2004, 12:41 am
you will just have to wait untill it comes out and then, you can buy it legally and be PROVD.

N1nj@
November 13, 2004, 1:01 am
NFSU2 sux, the hydrolics (spelling?) make the NOS bar goes back up, so fake.

SuperKill
November 13, 2004, 1:17 am
@weed - yea but who cares ? :(
@sprocket - it wouldnt change [IMAGE] if it was the game from the real package, since its a problem with my directx and service packs installation. well i'm PROVD that i saved 50$ i can tall you that. oh and btw, its out already.
@ninja - yea i so care about the hydrolicsthat make the nos bar go back up ;P

i guess its a problem with XP-home edition (dont laugh)..should change to pro :/

N1nj@
November 13, 2004, 1:20 am
@SuperKill - its so un-real compare to the 1st one.

AerialAssault
November 13, 2004, 1:24 am
@me - u r teh secks.

SuperKill
November 13, 2004, 1:37 am
well ninja i'm sure not alot of players would mind it that much :p

Unlucky 13
November 13, 2004, 11:35 am
wait... windows logo is a girl? LEMME SEE!!!
Anyway... i think you might look at the system and your OS. I dont like windows and its useless crap-on about stuff that dont help. EG: That might mean your drivers aren't up to date. It could mean that you PC is blasted. It could mean that XP isnt for you :P i dunno i not used to XP american FUZZY logic

Deleted User
November 13, 2004, 11:46 am
I have windows xp home edition and I could install 9.0c just fine.

n00bface
November 13, 2004, 11:50 am
ditto.

palloco
November 13, 2004, 12:17 pm
HAh, i guess windows is uncompatible with hebrew

SuperKill
November 13, 2004, 12:22 pm
nah it used to work just fine .. and then i had to use system restore.

AerialAssault
November 13, 2004, 5:22 pm
SK, you speak english, why dont you just use the english version of windows to avoid confusion. unless you are xenophobic about your language?

karmazon
November 13, 2004, 5:25 pm
PWND

SuperKill
November 13, 2004, 10:06 pm
[IMAGE]
english'd + PWND..!

i use(d) the hebrew version because i'm used to the backwards start menu and upper options (file, edit, view) etc.. its backwards cause hebrew is being written right to left.

anyway anyone's playing nfsu2 ?

Tha Doggfather
November 14, 2004, 1:42 am
i am

my ride so far:

[IMAGE]

Spectral
November 14, 2004, 2:16 am
you like it JB?

Deleted User
November 14, 2004, 8:44 am
We had the same error in our local LPN lab over at the votech, and they were Windows 98 machines. Appearantly, you'll have to download the version of DirectX 9.0 for your language, and that means accessing a foreign version of Microsoft's site. We solved the problem by reformatting the PC's.

It's an issue with the User's regional settings. If you set your currency values and whatnot too out of whack, then Windows complains, and has a lot of errors. Appearantly, it's "unfixable" without a reformat.

It took us 6 hours to reformat 40 PC's and reinstall Windows 98 and all the software packages (Microsoft Office, CareerScope, Choices). Just backup your important files and reformat.

Sprocket
November 14, 2004, 9:08 am
LOL!!
i just downloads NFS Underground 2 . and it works.
bu it crashes every 2 hours..

Tha Doggfather
November 14, 2004, 1:30 pm
yeah spec, i like the game. the tuning part is the best, racing is just a way to get more money. kind of like the sims, i loved building houses, actually playing the game was boring.