( search forums )
Newb at guitar
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
ClanKwH
November 12, 2004, 6:25 pm
Hey i just started to play Guitar any tips how to get started or does anyone got a homepage with some good tabs?

?
November 12, 2004, 7:23 pm
practice.....

LumpyFerret
November 12, 2004, 8:24 pm
get lessons for abit..
cuz your gonna have no clue..

my advice though..with lessons..is dont go for that..."learn all the notes" crap..cuz that takes ages and its no fun..

just learn how to play some songs that you like..

and practice them untill you can play them easily..aka off by heart..

Oh..and if all else fails..

use POWERCHORRDSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AerialAssault
November 13, 2004, 1:41 am
http://www.tooltabs.net/

learn to play real music.

Cookie.
November 13, 2004, 2:04 am
www.taborama.com ^_^

Famine
November 13, 2004, 2:38 am
www.mysongbook.com

but also learn scales, or stuff like that. If ya wanna shred. i dont know many but I can still get by just making stuff up. If you get good enough you wont need scales and you know what each note will sound like and where it is. Power Chords, They are useful but dont limit yourself to just them.

Social Poison
November 13, 2004, 2:43 am
Ok first: Buy yourself a teach yourself guitar book. One that's got sheet music... learn guitar etc. It's boring shiz to be certain, but necessary for you to get better. These books can be found at your local music stores, and just ask the clerk for a suggestion.

These will teach you to be a mucisian.

And so you don't get bored to freaking tears doing that crap, go to the tabs people are posting. They're not too tough to figure out how to read (certainly easier than sheet music). There you'll find most bands you'd want tabs for. Start with bands that make simple songs... like most of your new punk bands (Blink 182 etc) and start to step it up to harder stuff as you go along.

And always play music you want to play ;)

www.tabcrawler.com is my personal fav (or basstabarchive, but you're playin' guitar ;))

Jello
November 13, 2004, 4:42 am
http://www.wholenote.com
It's a really good site with forums, lessons, etc.
Plus the people on it are really nice. Check it out.
It's not the best if you're looking for tabs, but they have some really good lessons from basic stuff to tricky theory type. By the way, "Fretbuzz" is the forum link at the top of the page.

m00`
November 13, 2004, 4:49 am
I only know a little notes :

1st string no frets : E
1st string 1st fret : F
1st string 3rd fret : G

2nd string no frets : B
2st string 1st fret : C
2st string 3rd fret : D

Famine
November 13, 2004, 7:17 am
m00 they just go up a step or a half a step depending on which note so for the first string, each time moving up a fret it would be like. E, F, F sharp, G, G Sharp, A, A sharp, B, C, So on

ClanKwH
November 13, 2004, 9:18 am
Thx guys i got pretty much started now :)

that fuking sniper
November 13, 2004, 9:41 am
The most important thing of all to remember in any kind of art is: Dont force it. Do what you want, when you want, and how you want it done. Simple as that, you cant feel good with what you do if you go against your gut feeling :)

sgt. iceman
November 14, 2004, 1:32 pm
i play guitar, practice to make your thumb and the other fingers work independently, that helps alot

Melba
November 14, 2004, 2:43 pm
keke im learning jojo - leave (get out)

alltho since i have reduced strength in my left arm/shoulder this song is hard enuff for me :(
god damn my arm!!! suck.
still its a nice song, and got nice sound to it.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
November 15, 2004, 10:07 pm
Hi, ive played guitar for a few years...
here are some good tab sites with good guitar forums where you can get answers to questions you might have. the guys at mxtabs are really nice. they helped me alot. They also have tabs for drums and bass if your starting a band.

www.mxtabs.net
www.ultimate-guitar.com

[edit]
btw... what kind of guitar to do you have?

LumpyFerret
November 16, 2004, 1:03 am
get an electric guitarr tunerrr..

i just did.. and its fantasticcccc...

i can actually play along to cd's n stuff without sounding horrible..