( search forums )
health alarm
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
November 13, 2004, 1:52 am
this sounds like a topic to me that might already have been discussed but dind't find nothing in the search so:

i think that when ur player gets below 10% health or maybe 15% it should like show ur health meter blinking and maybe even the screen blinking with a reddish color (like when u get predetor bonus except its red not blue)

other suggestions open to discuss

Skate4Razors
November 13, 2004, 1:56 am
I think the soldier should be all bloody instead... Oh wait, it's already done! It's an alright idea, but it would just annoy me, and other people...

zyxstand
November 13, 2004, 3:22 am
well first of all, most games ahve it and, yes it is annoying - but tas the point...it tells u to get health immediately and in real life it would kidna annoy u too a lot if u were bleeding...(and the bleeding soldier isn't tthhaatt much of an alarm!)

Skate4Razors
November 13, 2004, 3:32 am
Well, you do have a point there, but Soldat is so rapid paced that you only have about 2 seconds before someone kills you. There's really no point...

zyxstand
November 13, 2004, 3:38 am
well i do like playing somtimes strategically and sometimes like after a lil batle where u just killed 2 ppl and u have like 7% health and u can either run now or go further into enmy territory it'll show u to get health!

The Geologist
November 13, 2004, 4:31 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstand

i think that when ur player gets below 10% health or maybe 15% it should like show ur health meter blinking and maybe even the screen blinking with a reddish color (like when u get predetor bonus except its red not blue)

A flashing screen would be annoying as all hell. No.

quote:Originally posted by zyxstandwell first of all, most games ahve it and, yes it is annoying - but tas the point...it tells u to get health immediately and in real life it would kidna annoy u too a lot if u were bleeding...(and the bleeding soldier isn't tthhaatt much of an alarm!)

Just because most games have it doesn't mean it's needed in Soldat. And it's not really a good suggestion if it's meant to be annoying, is it?

quote:Originally posted by zyxstandwell i do like playing somtimes strategically and sometimes like after a lil batle where u just killed 2 ppl and u have like 7% health and u can either run now or go further into enmy territory it'll show u to get health!

You need to be told to get health? I sure as hell don't. Learn to pay attention perhaps? This idea just isn't needed.

zyxstand
November 13, 2004, 4:54 am
lmao u sure have some anger management issues thingy - i don mean it needs to b annoying...i call it - an alarm! (hence the title)

m00`
November 13, 2004, 5:32 am
Soldat's get injured easily and get to 15% and below very easily, i dont want a glowing red screen 80% of my playing time ;/

The Geologist
November 13, 2004, 5:45 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandlmao u sure have some anger management issues thingy - i don mean it needs to b annoying...i call it - an alarm! (hence the title)

I know what it is...why you think I have anger management issues is beyond me. I'm telling you I don't like the idea.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 13, 2004, 9:08 am
I concur, This idea is pretty downright useless.

Plus, this idea has already been implantmented, its called the health bar. In real life, soldiers don't have that. Isn't that a big enough alarm for you?

Jap_man
November 13, 2004, 9:35 am
It will be extremly annoying and useless to implement this idea.

Teh Panda
November 13, 2004, 11:07 am
No use for this idea.

Jaz
November 13, 2004, 11:42 am
Shait.

Sprocket
November 13, 2004, 11:49 am
it's better to use your eye's and see how much health you've got left.

papasurf31
November 14, 2004, 1:15 am
I think that maybe, purely for aesthetic values, the HEALTH BAR should flash red when you are in critical health. This would just draw attention ot it to tell you that you should go look for health and retreat. Possibly an alarm sound to go with it. The concept isn't bad, but just poorly expressed.

Noobile
November 14, 2004, 1:37 am
*thinks this one out...*

" beep beep beep beep beep beep "
no... distracting
flashy lights? negative motivator. try looking, prefferial vision is a human quality, use it.

Hitman
November 14, 2004, 1:52 am
quote:Plus, this idea has already been implantmented, its called the health bar. In real life, soldiers don't have that. Isn't that a big enough alarm for you?Haha, nicely put.

This idea blows.

Deleted User
November 14, 2004, 2:40 am
I don't think it's a bad idea. Maybe if it were a player-side option, something out of preference, perhaps, but I don't see it happening.

Yin_Starrunner
November 15, 2004, 5:43 pm
Ya, just look at your soldier. If he's bleeding profusely, he needs health.

DT
November 15, 2004, 7:04 pm
#fights with some guy and has 10% life left#
*alarm goes off*
Me: ok i get it
*alarm continues*
Me: STFU YOU FUDGING ALARM
*gets shoot*

we should have a option to turn it on or off in the options....

Unlucky 13
November 16, 2004, 8:44 am
Well in a big Survival Mode or a Barrett Server, we won't have much chance. And in Realistic? May's well have it always on!

Shivorken
November 16, 2004, 8:55 am
Well having a flashing and beeping thing on when im playing soldat can be annoying, but if you REALLY want it, why not just beep once or just flash once? It would be less irratating and the message will be straight forward .... *your nearly dead*

3rd_account
November 16, 2004, 1:28 pm
Or you could just spend 0.1 second of you time to look at it now and then.

DT
November 16, 2004, 3:23 pm
yea but the 0.1 sec you could be shoot... or worse

Toumaz
November 16, 2004, 5:18 pm
Worse? What on earth could be worse?

3rd_account
November 17, 2004, 12:52 am
Well if you're not a complete noob you can restrain yourself from staring at it in the middle of a fight.

zyxstand
November 17, 2004, 2:32 am
lmao guys - i wasn't rly all that serious bout this post but u guys r crackin me up - sure a beep will be fine or a fast blinking red light - in fact i got another awesome idea (read my other post!)

Boer
November 19, 2004, 11:02 am
Well if your health button beats (like a heartbeat, gets bigger by one pixel then smaller) everytime you are hit , then it sure will help alot in real mode.

DT
November 19, 2004, 3:28 pm
i like the heartbeat thing though...