( search forums )
Soldat Desktop Buddies
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Swarmer
November 13, 2004, 5:24 pm
Remember a long time ago when they had desktop buddies, like Neko the cat or something, and some other things, where they would run around on your desktop, and you could manipulate them by waving your cursor at them or dragging them around, or they could climb on your windows?
I think it would be cool if there were Soldat ones, where you'd have little guys running around shoot each other, and hiding next to windows for cover. You could set their intensity and the amount of people, so they wouldnt get too annoying. You could also control your own guy and shoot at them, or just middle-click to fire some bullets at them.

Magniitude
November 13, 2004, 5:31 pm
1. This should be in another section dure to its not related to the actual gameplay
2. Why bother with it when you can play SOLDAT the actual game instead of controlling it on the desktop?
3. It would slow down all the other programs that you are running because of the proccess it takes up on your computer.

If you really want it, make it for yourself.

zyxstand
November 13, 2004, 5:38 pm
well, true - its not rly soldat related but the point is not that u can instead play sodlat rather than watch it cuz i think its funny to watch them kill themselves on my desktop and it wouldn't slow u down that much unless ur computer sux cuz there r other things like that like zmatrix for ur background and that doesn't slow down my computer

Swarmer
November 13, 2004, 5:53 pm
It would just be a fun thing to have, and something to play with do if youre bored but dont have the time to actually play a game or if youre at work or something.
Another idea is to have an animated soldat screen saver, or an interactive one. Basically, I'm just saying that it would be cool to have fun soldat related programs for the soldat addict. The old desktop buddies were pretty popular, and really fun to play with.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 13, 2004, 5:57 pm
ahhahaha, set them on Realistic mode and drop them from great heights

Teh Panda
November 13, 2004, 6:57 pm
rofl. I would love those. Running all over my desktop.

Liber_Lupus
November 13, 2004, 7:04 pm
play soldat.

AerialAssault
November 13, 2004, 7:12 pm
lol, this would be really cool.

Jaz
November 13, 2004, 8:28 pm
maybe like 2 soldats shooting each other
but shooting at them would be kinda exagerrated..

Hitman
November 13, 2004, 8:32 pm
Love for something can turn in to a obsessive disorder.

LumpyFerret
November 13, 2004, 8:43 pm
would the desktop buddy spyware and computer performance crushingness be there too?

paramud
November 13, 2004, 9:02 pm
yeah, i like this. someone should make this. i never can get enough of those little desktop buddies...

zyxstand
November 13, 2004, 9:11 pm
its a good idea - for those who would like having something on ur background go to download.com and search for zmatrix - its an awesome background!!!!

Chakra
November 13, 2004, 9:46 pm
two words hunny...

Screen saver.

Will
November 14, 2004, 1:35 pm
woot, i wanna poke him then watch him bleed.

papasurf31
November 14, 2004, 1:51 pm
When their bullets hit your desktop icons, they get deleted. Yeah, that'll be fun.

STEELIX
November 14, 2004, 2:20 pm
heh, i used to love those kinda programs :D