( search forums )
Release 4.6 - U13SSS - Open Source/Modifiable!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
FliesLikeABrick
November 13, 2004, 6:24 pm
Modified Versions:
Mar77a's INF mod - http://dyn.u13.net:6080/u13sss-inf.zip

I originally made the stats stuff with the hope of inspiring others to do so, and i feel that by now i can let people modify my work.

mar77a has done some great work, and im anxious to see what people can do from here.

I hereby declare U13SSS editable, and you may distribute modified copies as long as you do so and indicate that they are modified.

You can remove copyright tags on modified copies, but leave them on anything that remains untouched. I will edit the copy that is currently linked to for distribution and remove all copyright marks, but please just realize that this is my hard work, and that you might be better off using it as a guide and creating something better on your own.

Enjoy, I hope to see good things come of this :P

the only restriction is that you may not distribute your modified versions as copyright yourself

The next major release will be U13SSS CTF V1. It will fix bugs in the on-the-fly update system, include the option to disable the on the fly system (to make updates quicker), and will contain a much optimized update script.

As with all the releases so far, the requirements are: a CTF soldat server, webserver with apache and mysql, and a bit of common sense.

Don't have mysql? check out SX4 by Mar77a. His scripts are text-file based and good for anyone who doesn't have MySQL or has other problems using my scripts
------------------------------
The next major release (5.0) will have 2 major features added:
A program to run on your soldat server that will allow your webserver to download gamestat.txt to display server status, and also a script to convert all file names and directory names to be friendly with the script on a linux server, in the event that someone uploads windows soldat files.
-------------------------------
Release 4.6 - http://u13.net/go.php?id=1
heh. Sorry for 2 new releases in the same day guys. I just fixed a bug which wouldnt allow you to include two scripts in one page. That is the only change in this release, so if you are too lazy to update and don't need that feature, don't bother
Release 4.5 - http://u13.net/u13sss/release4.5.zip
Added the html search forms which I completely forgot to add to the first releases.

Release 4.4 - http://u13.net/u13sss/release4.4.zip
Bugs Fixed
One small bug relating to the stats update and suicides/kill weapons. If you are too lazy, you can just ignore this update, but if you must have everything working perfectly, just download and replace statsupdate.php
-------------------------------------------------
BUGS FIXED:
Release 4.3 - http://u13.net/u13sss/release4.3.zip
Fixed a major bug in top10.php, please replace this file. Also fixed a bug in statsweapon.php causing some player stats links from that page not to work Also fixed a small bug causing some images not to load on linux webservers. If you had the image problem, replace your img folder with the one found in this release

----------------------------------------------
Release 4.2 - http://u13.net/u13sss/release4.2.zip
Some minor bug fixes, major addition to the readme explaining every setting in config.inc.php, and a new feature added to top10.php

Say you only want to see the killers table in the top 10 page, you can use the GET variable showone to display only that table. http://u13.net/u13sss/top10.php?showone=killers for example. Others include victims, suicidals, etc.

Thanks to McCuz for suggesting that idea

If you use Release4.1 right now, I would suggest replacing your statsupdate.php with the one from this release. There was a bug in the statsupdate release with 4.1 that this one fixes. Do NOT replace yours if you used another release, unless you want to also replace your config.inc.php. There was a feature added in 4.1 that is not compatible with older config files
-----------------------------------------------------
The scripts are release again, http://u13.net/u13sss/release4.1.zip
Release 4.1 - This release contains an option to have suicides count as kills or not. There is also an updated readme.

Release 4- this release contains bug fixes and new terms of use and copyright information. All releases may be modified for aesthetic purposes only, but any modification of the source code's functionality is illegal and internationally protected.

This release supports ON THE FLY UPDATING. This feature allows for stats updates while the server is running. The previous versions DID NOT allow nor support this. If you plan to use this feature you must completely remove and then reinstall the scripts. It will not work simply by replacing statsupdate.php because the mysql table structure is different

--------------------------
These scripts are only fully compatible with CTF servers. They will most likely work fine with a DM server, but not with an INF server. I will most likely make different versions for DM and INF once these are perfected.
-------------------------
Release 3 - The third release is here. This contains ALL of the features listed below except for player comment and player rating. I also added 3 new features which are NOT in the list below: server status box, server info, and something else I can't remember right now.
This is very nearly done, there probably will not be more than one or two more major features added. Right now my focus is to make everything work in perfect harmony and play whack-a-mole with any bugs. If you are using an older release please replace it with this one

this new release now has the stats images and everything! you most likely have to completely remove your old release because this config file contains other options, as well as fixes numerous bugs in all the pages from the old release. There are many reasons you should upgrade entirely

It works on linux and windows. download at http://u13.net/u13sss/release3.zip Enjoy!
--------
Release 1 and 2 - This is a partial release so far, it is not done yet. This contains some features and I need people to test this all out for me while I add more. Because this is a preliminary release, I have a lot of work to do in cleaning up certain things, especially pertaining to suicides and issues stemming from the linux dedicated server logs. It works and the stats are accurate, but I have work to do on this and other features. The best thing you can do is try it out and report bugs and suggestions.

READ THE README. Installation is simple but you can still mess it up, and I know you are all capable of messing it up.

I did not do all this work for nothing. Please provide visible recognition somewhere on your website for FliesLikeABrick and a link to the Ultimate 13 Soldat homepage at http://u13.net/ The first person to use this without providing recognition is a direct insult to me, as well as a blatant act of ignorance. If someone refuses to provide recognition, I will have no choice but to revoke the release and stop all future work.

You may modify the code FOR AESTHETICS ONLY (what order things appear in etc), but if you modify you may not redistribute it. You may NOT modify the functionality of the statsupdate script or the functionality of any of the other scripts. Terms of use are listed in termsofuse.txt. I am in the process of legally copyrighting my work and any user who abuses the terms may be subject to legal proceedings.

Features yet to add:
-player stats images
-player rating and comment systems
-allow for on-the-fly updating while the server is up

Please post feedback :D

Servers using U13SSS:
http://arg.u13.net uses it for their clan stats
laughingllamas.com is working on setting it up
Robotical World will soon be providing stats with these scripts

-------------------------------------------------------------
The Ultimate 13 Soldat server appeared with it's own stats site approximately 11 months ago and immediately got the attention of the soldat community. Since then, people have been asking me to release the scripts that make the site tick. I am now ready to share my work with the community, after having a lot of time to complete and perfect my work. I plan on making this as user-friendly as possible to use (you must have a working knowledge of html and minimal php, if any)

I am beginning the lengthy preparation for releasing the scripts that drive the Ultimate 13 Soldat server. This may take a while because I am standardizing the entire thing, and putting all the settings in one file. These are the scripts that spiked the original interest in soldat stats, and I intend to leave nothing out. Features will include most (if not all) of what you see on U13:

The design of the database allows for full comparison of all the players in many ways, most notable by rank.
A full statistics page for every player to set foot in the server:
Player Rank
Player's Favorite Weapons
Kills
Deaths
K:D Ratio
Suicides
Flag Captures
Flag Grabs
Flag Returns
Total Points
Player Status(last played, ranked or not)
Weapon stats broken down by weapon, kills, deaths, and suicides.
Two different stats signature images

Stats images for all players:
Two size variations
Includes the player's general stats such as kills, deaths, ranking etc
Top 10 lists for many aspects of the game
Top Killers
Top Victims
Top Suicidals
Top Flag Cappers
Top Flag Grabbers
Top Flag Returners
Top Cap Percent
Top Pointgetters
Top Ranks
Others yet to come!
Full weapon statistics pages:
Total Kills
Total Suicides
A top killers list
A top victims list
A top killers list by % kills

As I wrap the scripts up for release, I will be adding a couple new small features mentioned above(user rating, user commenting), as well as some new ones.

The useage will be simple. I will break the scripts down into about a dozen php files that you simply include in a page, and the code will generate a table or tables for the stats you want. If you want a top 10 page,you would simply include top10.php in your html template. if you want a player's stats page, you include playerstats.php in your html template for the player stats page, and simply pass the necessary GET variables. There will be full docs explaining the useage and function of every file.

Usage of the scripts requires a soldat server and a webserver capable of php with a mysql database. This works out best if the webserver and soldat server are on the same computer, but you can manually copy the logs from the soldat server to the webserver and then run the update script. Contact me or post below for more information.

I will be looking for a couple server owners to test the scripts as I near completion.

Skate4Razors
November 13, 2004, 6:33 pm
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! WOW! YAY! WOW! You are my hero! Now everyone will have WAY better servers! Man you are cool! I hope you get it done and everything! GOOD LUCK!

Teh Panda
November 13, 2004, 6:52 pm
weeeewtcake

Sprocket
November 13, 2004, 7:23 pm
this, i will download.

Surfpup
November 13, 2004, 10:21 pm
cool...

Deleted User
November 13, 2004, 10:32 pm
STICKY :D

zoldat
November 13, 2004, 10:51 pm
WOWOWOW I cant wait it, gona be a hole new game

Deleted User
November 14, 2004, 3:15 am
This is lame, you shouldnt let em out.

Deleted User
November 14, 2004, 6:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by RyukkThis is lame, you shouldnt let em out.

i half agree, you shouldnt give everyone such help, release the stuff to make your own scrpts work on a dedicated server and let them make there own. get what i mean?

release the scripts that enable the stats to work on the dedicated server. So people can make there own scripts, for example: a limit on weapons script, or a scrip that plays a sound when someone gets a double kill.

I can explain more on aim if you want.

FliesLikeABrick
November 14, 2004, 9:11 pm
yeah, but far far more people look forward to me releasing this than the number of people who don't want me to release it.

I am in need of some server owners to test some of this out, I am making good progress.

-Claw-
November 15, 2004, 5:05 am
Just when i started to make my own scipts for my dm server, when i got my scripts almost finished, you say that you are goig to release yours [IMAGE]it, well, at least we dont use same language to make them, so i didnt lose much :P (but still too much ;()

FliesLikeABrick
November 15, 2004, 5:44 am
claw you have to use http://dyn.u13.net:6080/stats/16977.php as the link to your sig image in your signature. as shown here: http://dyn.u13.net:6080/activate.php?activate=statsimg&nickname=Claw+%5DT-KK%5D

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 15, 2004, 7:27 pm
anyways if he releases this people will work harder to make a better one (like a fun server one or sumthing) so sumday sum one will be like mah server has the best script bla bla so on and on SOLDAT will GET better If u RELEASE this YAH WOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW I LUV U

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 10:17 pm
Ya, but I like only one main server has it because then all the best players go there most the time, with almost all the servers wanting to have this, by the time its relesed almost every server will record stats and it wont really mater which one to goto. I just think you should keep your long and hard earned stat generator to your self.

Soulsnipa
November 15, 2004, 11:14 pm
accept applications, or limit what you send out...that could be a solution.

Deleted User
November 16, 2004, 12:10 am
I'd say sell it.

Soulsnipa
November 16, 2004, 12:13 am
thats stupid

The Noid
November 16, 2004, 3:33 am
This is a bad idea, u13 wont be unique anymore.

Deleted User
November 16, 2004, 4:25 am
Well, i agree noid, but if he really really wants to relese it then he should sell it.

Soulsnipa
November 16, 2004, 4:26 am
That is why if he only releases a simple script to the public which keeps peoples stats and places them on a site ..etc.

Maybe include such things as:
Kills/Suicides/Death/K:D
And then Server Rank

everything else will need to be made.

The people will have something to work off of to develop it themselves if they really want more.

A full script can be released to those who either Flies picks, or win through some kind of contest or something. Or even an application like I said before.

This allows servers to keep stats and such, but U13 will stay Unique. Remember tho, people also need to find a good PHP host in order to display the stats. Those are hard to come by, so random people cant just use the stats unless Flies hosts for them too..

FliesLikeABrick
November 16, 2004, 12:49 pm
SoulSnipa, what you say makes a lot of sense, i do agree with you. But at the same time, I want to be known as the person who made THE stats scripts for soldat.... the one set for server homepages that is better then all the rest, that nobody will ever need to try and top because this one includes everything. I don't want to hand out something halfassed because then someone will just want to make a better one after word gets out how mine worked. I would rather just do it all.

This isn't supposed to sound cocky, it is just me saying that I want this to be a major contribution to the soldat community.

EDIT: looking back, I realize that the..."I want to be the person who made THE stats scripts for soldat...." thing sounded stupid. I just meant that I want to do something big for the community that everyone can appreciate and recognize

Myke
November 16, 2004, 1:07 pm
Guys, don't be crude. This is FLAB and you all should let him do what he want. I mean.. it is his creation and everything and it is up to HIM whether he wants to release the codes or not. Sure, U13 may get less popular and all, but you know what? U13 will always be my home, no matter how sucky or laggy the server is.

U13 can't be up forever and once it dies, what other server has its website scripted from the game? Let it go and all websites should credit FLAB for the codes or else I will go on a rampage.

-SpOOgE

STEELIX
November 16, 2004, 1:09 pm
heh, flies wants to be special :D
pretty cool though, a status page for my server would rock :)

Doland
November 16, 2004, 9:11 pm
I agree on that, I dont think he should only let half of it out. I think he should let none of it out. Kepp u13 unique untell he is done hosting then he should let them out. Or just sell them. Other then that I think it would be bad.

AWH_ReApEr
November 18, 2004, 1:37 am
Hmmm. Quite a touchy topic. I ultimately think you should release it, although it would take away from U13's uniqueness (is that a word..?). But like it has been mentioned above, it would probably cause most of the Soldat community to work hard to become better players. You would have an entire community of elite players rather than just a few people. Then again, those people would get better and become, what, super elite? =D

Anyway, if you still need some people with webservers to help you test it out, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help test it.

zoldat
November 19, 2004, 8:39 pm
is it only for dedicatet servers

(stupid Q.... or)

mar77a
November 21, 2004, 4:52 pm
flies wants to be remembered as the guy taht made tehe stats script....

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 2:45 am
but then i would have to play in all servers to achieve total ak-74 dominance...
its a good idea i guess, but that is kinda what makes u13 so different

zoldat
November 23, 2004, 6:56 pm
I cant wait

zoldat
November 26, 2004, 5:39 pm
WENE THE F**K IS IT DONE

Ur so cool FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick
December 2, 2004, 1:30 am
The scripts are nearing completion for release, I should have the essential ones released within a couple days, and everything done within a week or two. I could use some server owners who run their soldat server on the same computer as a webserver. Anyone who does this please join #u13 on quakenet

zoldat
December 2, 2004, 5:47 pm
is the script only for dedicated servers? stupid Q....or

FliesLikeABrick
December 2, 2004, 5:50 pm
any servers running a webserver and with access to mysql. The Scripts are release, look at the first post.

-Claw-
December 2, 2004, 6:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldatis the script only for dedicated servers? stupid Q....or
hmm, what did ya think? :P
it is true it can be used for dedicated server, or for your personal stats.. byt i recommend dedicated ;P

die nadel
December 3, 2004, 5:48 am
heh heh *drools* its gonna be cool havin lots of stat-ed servers

mar77a
December 3, 2004, 11:47 pm
im the first one to try this script on my website...

eagleclaw364
December 4, 2004, 3:04 pm
I was really looking forward to this stats stuff... and I still am!!

I can't get it to install onto the host I use. They allow php and I have mySql access I think...

Here's what it says:
quote:Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'gfool_wls@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/gfool/public_html/legion/wls/stats/install.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gfool/public_html/legion/wls/stats/install.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gfool/public_html/legion/wls/stats/install.php on line 158
There was an error in the setup. Please delete all u13sss_ tables and try again.0

I tried messing with the config.inc.php and changed $mysqlpassword to the one I have on the host, but it didn't work!

Any help you could give me FLAB?
Or maybe some space on u13?

Anywho
Thanks a bunch in advance
Eagle

FliesLikeABrick
December 4, 2004, 5:16 pm
the release that was on the site yesterday was messed up pretty bad. Re-download it and replace all the files. You can keep config.inc.php, but replace everything else.

thanks to Robotical Computer for bringing it to my attention

eagleclaw364
December 4, 2004, 6:28 pm
I tried doing what you said, but it made no difference. I really have no idea what's going wrong!

Anymore tips?
Thanks
Eagle

FliesLikeABrick
December 4, 2004, 6:35 pm
do you have any idea what you are doing? judging by the fact that you only 'think' your host has mysql support, you may want to look further into that before attempting to use this

eagleclaw364
December 4, 2004, 6:47 pm
Hehe Im almost 100% but Ill go check anyways : P

EDIT

Right lol my mistake... I didn't have mySql on that particular account, so I used another one that definately had mySql and it worked. So yah! Thanks!

eesahe
December 4, 2004, 7:26 pm
Suggestion: how about a stat which shows which weapons kills which the most? Something along the lines of this:

[IMAGE]

eagleclaw364
December 4, 2004, 7:45 pm
Ok that fixed I now face a new problem!
The tables don't show anything... lol

My server is dedicated on my PC and I use free webhost called legion who dont allow any more users but current ones can stay.
Anywhoooo, how may I rid myself of this dilemma?

Thanks
Eagle

FliesLikeABrick
December 4, 2004, 9:55 pm
eesahe, that would be require a different style table which logs every single kill as a separate row. With servers that have thousands of rows, it would become dreadfully slow. the updates would be fast with that structure, but the frontend would run slower than ever.

eagle, it is something wrong in your configuration probably. what does it say when you run the udpate?

eagleclaw364
December 4, 2004, 10:05 pm
It says it's succsefully updated but when I go to top10 there's no-one listed!
And I changed the minimum kills to be listed to 1

n00bface
December 5, 2004, 12:56 am
I think that means it's not finding the log in the directory you specified..have you double checked to be sure that you got the right log directory?

STEELIX
December 5, 2004, 12:59 am
I'm gonna try this... christmas holiday, anyone?

flies, you're cool :P

eagleclaw364
December 5, 2004, 11:38 am
Are the logs your kill logs?

FliesLikeABrick
December 5, 2004, 5:00 pm
you have to have the log directory set up the way soldat does. You have to point the config file to ,for example, 'c:/soldat/logs';

then on your hard drive, there must be ConsoleLogs in logs/ and killlogs in/kills/

if it is not set up like this then the script will not find the killogs and will just quit saying it is going to do killlog-1 next.

josheat
December 6, 2004, 2:38 pm
All i want on my page is wether to say if the server is up or not, and some misc stats on the server. I have no idea how to use php, it always comes up as code in the browser. i tried solstats, and i had no idea how it worked. i did everything it said. Where can i get some sort of php knowledge on how to use something as simple as that?

FliesLikeABrick
December 6, 2004, 2:56 pm
if php comes up as nothing but code in the browser, then your webhost does not support php.

is it showing php code or html code? if it is showing just html, and is actually doing all the stats stuff, then you need to add the <html><body> and </body></html> tags to any of my scripts you wish to use as standalone. I intentionally left these out because i intended for people to use these inside their page, not standalone.

josheat
December 6, 2004, 4:43 pm
well, seeing as i know nothing about php, ill try that now. Thanks

3rd_account
December 7, 2004, 10:38 am
How do you get a MySQL account? It bitches about my username and password.

FliesLikeABrick
December 7, 2004, 12:33 pm
look on the homepage of your webhost to make sure they have MySQL, and how to set it up if you do.

3rd_account
December 7, 2004, 11:24 pm
I'm my own webhost, but I've never gotten the hang of MySQL, it's too much over-school for me.

FliesLikeABrick
December 8, 2004, 9:31 pm
well once you take some time to learn mysql, it shouldnt be a problem for you to figure out how to use the scripts.

eagleclaw364
December 10, 2004, 9:43 pm
I'm still having some problems with this. I can't get it to show the ranked players!
In the config i've got it linked to C:/Program Files/Soldat/Logs
I have no idea why it doesn't work.
:(

FliesLikeABrick
December 10, 2004, 11:31 pm
it wont show ranked players if you dont have console logs, or if you are trying to run these scripts on a DM or INF server, the ranks will not work. I will soon be working on making the scripts compatable with CTF, DM, and INF.

sTo0z
December 11, 2004, 1:03 am
- Well, I've finally read that the scripts don't work properly with DM servers, so that answers that question about Top Rankings. :)

- As a bug I've noticed, suicides count as kills toward the player who killed himself. Yes it shows up as a suicide, but it also gives him a "point". In a future release I'm guessing the formula should subtract suicides.

- My info.php never correctly reports Online/Offline. It just always says it's online. I also see this quote in your topic:
quote: I also added 3 new features which are NOT in the list below: server status box, server info, and something else I can't remember right now.
I see the server info, but not the status box, which file holds the status box info?

- I also see this quote in your topic:
quote:This release supports ON THE FLY UPDATING.

Yet in the README that comes with the .zip package:
quote:-statsupdate.php - this script is run whenever you want to update the stats. IN THIS RELEASE, THE SOLDAT SERVER MUST NOT BE RUNNING WHILE YOU UPDATE. future releases will not have this constraint
And another quote from the same readme:
quote:5) If you already have logs that you would like to parse, run statsupdate.php. It can be run while the server is up and will always pick up where it left off.
Which one is true?

- Whenever I run my statsupdate.php I get many warnings. Is this also the issues with DM servers you mentioned?

As a final note, love the scripts so far, I've always wanted a nice stat tracker for Soldat, and now you have graciously provided such a wonderful thing.

Keep up the good work, looking very forward to future releases.

- sTo0z

FliesLikeABrick
December 11, 2004, 3:01 am
ok, good points.
1) yes i have always known that suicides count as both kills and deaths, i have been intending to provide that as an option in the config file. It started like that because when i first made these scripts for my server, i did that by accident. Then i never changed it because i didnt want to change the balance in the scripts and have everyone thinking they are getting worse. Then when it came time to release the scripts I forgot to change that. I will fix that soon

2) IM me or go on #u13 on quakenet and ask me about the online/offline thing, we'll figure that out.

3)the current status info is in ctfstatus.php. It says this in the readme.

4) the release 4 scripts do provide on the fly updating, sorry for the typo in the readme.

5) i need to see what warnings you are getting from the statsupdate in order to tell you what it is from. DM server logs should not cause warnings in the update, the ranking system should just not work. This will happen if you dont have console logs, or if there are not as many console logs as killlogs (and if they are not numbered the same)

thanks for the thorough evaluation.

eagleclaw364
December 11, 2004, 9:57 am
Well, I have console logs in C:/Program Files/Soldat/Logs but this doesn't help!

sTo0z
December 11, 2004, 5:00 pm
Do you have a CTF server? As stated, INF and DM will not work properly.

eagleclaw364
December 11, 2004, 6:07 pm
Yeah it,s CTF server

FliesLikeABrick
December 11, 2004, 7:06 pm
do you have release 4 or something earlier? I am pretty sure it is something wrong in your configuration, but it could be related to a bug that i fixed in an earlier version, if you are using one.

eagleclaw364
December 11, 2004, 7:14 pm
Yeah, I'm using release four. Here's my config.inc.php

quote:I'm using release 4 yeah...
[quote=config.inc.php]
<?PHP

//-----------------------------CONFIGURATION-----------------------------------------
//------------------------------CHANGE THESE-----------------------------------------

//This is the main settings file for the U13 stats scripts.

//GENERAL CONFIG
$servername="Eagle's Server"; //Server Name
$serverip="81.101.198.204"; //Server IP address
$serverport=23073; //Soldat Server port
$timezone='EST'; //Timezone, 3 letter abbreviated version.

//SERVER CONFIG
$serveronthiscomp=0; //Is the soldat server on the webserver comp?(1=y 0=n)
//These are only necessary if $serveronthiscomp=1 :
$soldatini="C:/Program Files/Soldat/soldat.ini"; //soldat.ini PATH
$allowfopen=1; //does your webhost allow fopen() and fwrite()?
//if not, you cannot have forum-safe signature images
$hasgd=1; //does your webhost have GD library installed?
//if not, you cannot have stats images

//SCRIPT CONFIG
$logfolder='C:/Program Files/Soldat/Logs'; //Log directory WITHOUT trailing forwardslash
$activetime="30"; //Number of days before a player is considered inactive
//Changes take effect after next stats update
$killsforrank="1"; //Minimum # of kills needed for ranking
$soldierstats='0'; //0=delete stats for Soldier, 1=keep stats for Soldier.

//WEBSITE CONFIG - If these locations are not in the directory immediately above /u13sss, absolute paths are necessary.
$weaponpage='statsweapon.php'; //The name of the page containing statsweapon.php
$playerpage='statsplayer.php'; //The name of your page containing statsplayer.php
$top10page='top10.php'; //The name of your page containing the top10.php
$activatepage='activate.php'; //The name of your page containing activate.php
//These options are to toggle what Top10s are shown in top10.php
//Set to 0 to disable
$top10killers=1; //Top 10 Killers
$top10victims=1; //Top 10 Victims
$top10suicidals=1; //Top 10 Suicidal [IMAGE]ers
$top10cappers=1; //Top 10 Cappers
$top10grabbers=1; //Top 10 Grabbers
$top10returners=1; //Top 10 Returners
$top10pointgetters=1; //Top 10 Point Getters
$top10ranks=1; //Top 100 Ranks
$u13sssfolder='http://legion.gibbering.net/eagle/servstats'; //The ABSOLUTE path to the u13 script folder WITHOUT trailing forwardslash

//AESTHETICS
$tablebordercolor='black'; //Border color used for all generated tables
$fontcolor='black'; //Font color used everywhere
$linkcolor='blue'; //link font color

//MYSQL CONFIG
$mysqlserver='localhost'; //MySQL server address
$mysqlserverport='3306'; //MySQL server port
$mysqlusername='gfool_eagle'; //MySQL username
$mysqlpassword='*****'; //MySQL password
$mysqldatabasename='gfool_eagle'; //MySQL database name
$tableprefix='u13sss_'; //MySQL table prefix, allows for multiple instances

//------------------------------CONFIG MANIP-----------------------------------------
//------------------------------DO NOT TOUCH-----------------------------------------

$mysqlserver.=':'.$mysqlserverport;

//--------------------------FUNCTION DECLARATIONS------------------------------------
//------------------------DO NOT TOUCH THIS EITHER-----------------------------------

//add_commas: adds commas to numbers over 3 digits long.
function add_commas($number) {
$length=strlen($number);
$parts=($length-$length%3)/3;
$new='';
if ($length>3) {
for ($i=0;$i<$parts;$i++) {
$c=$i+1;
$part=substr($number,$length-($c*3),3);
if ($c!=$parts || strlen($number)%3!=0)
$new=','.$part.$new;
else
$new=$part.$new;
}
$new=substr($number,0,strlen($number)%3).$new;
}
else
$new=$number;
return $new;
}

function checkhimself($tableprefix) {
$query="select sum(s_Himself) from ".$tableprefix."stats";
$result=mysql_query($query);
$row=mysql_fetch_array($result);
if($row[0]>0)
return true;
else
return false;
}
//©2004 Ryan Rawdon
//All works in this release are subject to distribution by the author only.
//The pages may be modified for aesthetic purpose only. Any modifications in the functionality of the scripts is illegal under international copyright law.
//Visible credit on these pages may NOT be removed
//These works are protected under internationally accepted terms of the Berne Convention and the Universal Copyright Convention
?>

Of course I asterixed out my password so you can't steal it xD

FliesLikeABrick
December 11, 2004, 9:37 pm
dude.... you have ot have the logs on your webserver computer. there is no way for these scripts to magically go and get the logs from your computer. I noticed that your webhost is linux, and your paths to your soldat.ini and soldat logs are windows paths... you need to upload the logs to your webserver, then run statsupdate.php.

say you upload your logs into .../servstats/logs and .../servstats/logs/kills
then in your config set $logfolder='logs';

and itll work.

eagleclaw364
December 11, 2004, 9:44 pm
Ok, so every time I want to update the stats, I gott upload my log files?

FliesLikeABrick
December 11, 2004, 10:57 pm
yes. these scripts are really intended for people who have their soldat servers and webservers on the same computer.

Sometime in the near future i will be writing scripts that automatically download the logs from the soldat server if it is running a webserver or ftp server and i can get access to the logs.

sTo0z
December 12, 2004, 4:41 am
Here are the messages I'm getting, not sure if they are affecting stats at all, but:
quote:Lines Corrected:
Notice: Undefined variable: resume in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\statsupdate.php on line 102

Notice: Undefined variable: resume in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\statsupdate.php on line 233
soldat kill log file KillLog-10.txt was added successfully

Notice: Undefined offset: 745 in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\statsupdate.php on line 72
Lines Corrected:
Notice: Undefined variable: resume in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\statsupdate.php on line 102

Notice: Undefined variable: resume in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\statsupdate.php on line 233
soldat kill log file KillLog-11.txt was added successfully
update finished. The next update will resume on log number 12

FliesLikeABrick
December 12, 2004, 4:46 am
ok, those errors do not affect the stats. they only showed on your site because of how the admin has error reporting settings set. I changed it in the 4.1 release anyway so that they would not come up.

again, those should not affect your stats.

sTo0z
December 12, 2004, 2:41 pm
Thanks for clearin' that up. :)

sTo0z
December 15, 2004, 1:18 am
Hey there, downloaded and tossed in your 4.2 update.

Any idea why I'm getting these notices?

First notice:
quote:Notice: Undefined index: showone in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\top10.php on line 12
This is my line 12:
quote:if($top10killers && ($_GET['showone']=='killers' || !isset($_GET['showone']))) {
Second notice:
quote:Notice: Undefined index: showone in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\top10.php on line 43
This is my line 43:
quote:if($top10victims && ($_GET['showone']=='victims' || !isset($_GET['showone']))) {
Third notice:
quote:Notice: Undefined index: showone in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\top10.php on line 76
This is my line 76:
quote:if($top10suicidals && ($_GET['showone']=='suicidals' || !isset($_GET['showone']))) {

Page where happening:
http://stoozserv.hopto.org
Click Top 10s

FliesLikeABrick
December 15, 2004, 1:18 am
ah yes, i know why give me 2 seconds to fix it and re-dl 4.2

edit: Fixed. Thanks for the heads up on that. As soon as you posted i knew what it was about. I tell it to check the value of that GET variable at multiple points in the page, but it doesnt exist if you dont use it, and it errors to complain to you. My webserver doesnt tell me those kind of warnings because they are turned off by default in PHP5.

sTo0z
December 15, 2004, 4:23 am
New error. :)

quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\stats\top10.php on line 6

My line 6:
quote:if($top10killers && (@$_GET['showone']=='killers' || !isset(@$_GET['showone']))) {

EDIT: Just saw your new post. :P

FliesLikeABrick
December 15, 2004, 4:30 am
crap i had put the wrong version back into the release. Re-Download it again sTo0z, it will work this time unless i did something else stupid. Also check your PM inbox

Messiah
December 16, 2004, 2:34 pm
Wow, i just saw this lol, Good Job Flab, i will download ;) *Claps*

hock3y
December 17, 2004, 2:17 am
Yea im having trouble updating my stats, here is my config.

quote:<?PHP

//-----------------------------CONFIGURATION-----------------------------------------
//------------------------------CHANGE THESE-----------------------------------------

//This is the main settings file for the U13 stats scripts.

//GENERAL CONFIG
$servername="Zombie Match >>>CTF<<<"; //Server Name
$serverip="68.196.103.102"; //Server IP address
$timezone='EST'; //Timezone, 3 letter abbreviated version.

//SERVER CONFIG
$serveronthiscomp=0; //Is the soldat server on the webserver comp?(1=y 0=n)
$soldatini="c:/soldat/soldat.ini"; //soldat.ini PATH

//SCRIPT CONFIG
$logfolder='logs'; //Log directory WITHOUT trailing forwardslash
$killsforrank="1"; //Minimum # of kills needed for ranking
$suicideaskill=0; //Do you want a suicide to be counted as a kill and death(1), or just death(0)?

//WEBSITE CONFIG - If these locations are not in the directory immediately above /u13sss, absolute paths are necessary.
$weaponpage='statsweapon.php'; //The name of the page containing statsweapon.php
$playerpage='statsplayer.php'; //The name of your page containing statsplayer.php
//Set to 0 to disable
$u13sssfolder='http://zombiectf.incohost.com/u13sss'; //The ABSOLUTE path to the u13 script folder WITHOUT trailing forwardslash

//AESTHETICS

//MYSQL CONFIG
$mysqlusername='zombiectf_incohost_com'; //MySQL username
$mysqlpassword='******'; //MySQL password
$mysqldatabasename='zombiectf_incohost_com'; //MySQL database name

FliesLikeABrick
December 17, 2004, 2:46 am
Ok, I worked with Hock3y on AIM and solved the problem. Here is a quick explanation:

Linux dedicated servers create all the soldat directories and log files in lowercase. Windows servers, clients, and dedicated servers create the log files in a mix of CaSeS. The script is windows and linux compatible because it looks for everything in lowercase. It always looks for lowercase folder and filenames, which works on linux, and windows is not case sensitive. BUT if someone uploads windows server logs to a linux webserver, the script is looking for lowercase filenames, whereas the person uploaded files (and maybe folders) in mixed case.

The Remedy:
In the next subrelease of U13SSS, I will add a portion to statsupdate.php that looks for uppercase files and folders, and renames them to lowercase. Simple solution, and it saves a lot of work for the person using the script

mar77a
December 18, 2004, 2:52 am
You stole my idea, but its fine...snif....

FliesLikeABrick
December 18, 2004, 3:00 am
no, ive actually been planning on integrating an ftp and http compatible module into the stats update since the very beginning. This is an idea that i had with FoZ to make it more versatile for people who cant run a webserver or ftp server on their soldat server, then i would integrate some stuff into the scripts to allow this to work. It could also work with the logs potentially. I did not steal your idea, I don't even know what idea you are specifically talking about, aside from the fact that it has to do with server status. You know that I would not steal an idea from you or anyone, and this is not in an attempt to outdo you in... whatever way could be potentially done.

Anyway thanks to hock3y and others for bringing recent bugs to my attention. Thanks to mar77a for being one of the original testers as well :P

EDIT: I talked to mar77a on MSN for a bit, and this was a slight miscommunication. What came across as an accusation really wasnt, probably because of his english. Sorry for getting defensive mar77a

mar77a
December 18, 2004, 3:13 am
Okey, okey, thanks...you are welcome...

Meta
December 23, 2004, 5:50 am
I have finished implementing the Release 4.4 version in my site. It works perfectly! Thanks so much for the script, FliesLikeABrick!

Game Server: r3solve.cjb.net:23073
Web Server: ravenguard.dyndns.org

They're on two different computers and IPs.

I hope to see the remote server status ability that you mentioned to me enabled with the next release! That will make the software 100% perfect, if you ask me! :)

Yukwunhang
December 27, 2004, 12:14 pm
I got a problem when i install.
quote:Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\appserv\www\u13sss\install.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\appserv\www\u13sss\install.php on line 160
There was an error in the setup. Please delete all u13sss_ tables and try again.0
My Config :
quote:
//GENERAL CONFIG
$servername="Poor Club Server"; //Server Name
$serverip="slsforum.no-ip.info"; //Server IP address
$timezone='GMT'; //Timezone, 3 letter abbreviated version.

//SERVER CONFIG
$serveronthiscomp=1; //Is the soldat server on the webserver comp?(1=y 0=n)
$soldatini="c:/soldat/soldat.ini"; //soldat.ini PATH

//SCRIPT CONFIG
$logfolder='c:/Soldat/Logs'; //Log directory WITHOUT trailing forwardslash
$killsforrank="10"; //Minimum # of kills needed for ranking
$suicideaskill=0; //Do you want a suicide to be counted as a kill and death(1), or just death(0)?

//Set to 0 to disable
$u13sssfolder='http://slsforum.no-ip.info:8000/u13sss'; //The ABSOLUTE path to the u13 script folder WITHOUT trailing forwardslash

//AESTHETICS

//MYSQL CONFIG
$mysqlusername='yukwunhang'; //MySQL username
$mysqlpassword='*******'; //MySQL password
$mysqldatabasename='u13sss'; //MySQL database name

FliesLikeABrick
December 27, 2004, 6:03 pm
yukwun, go into your mysql database and look to see if it created 3 tables. It is weird that you only had a problem on 2 lines, both of which used the same php function on similar mysql queries. Your host may be using an older version of mysql that is not compatible with the syntax i used in these queries, or they may have it disallow listing tables for security reasons. I have a feeling that the install completed successfully, just check to see if the tables are there (should be u13sss_stats, u13sss_weaponstats, and u13sss_lognumber)

If you do not know how to check if these tables exist, just try to check if statsupdate.php will run or not. If it does not run, let me see the errors from that, and try to contact me on AIM.

Yukwunhang
December 27, 2004, 6:20 pm
I've checked before with phpMyAdmin, i could not see any tables in it.
Before I came here and saw your reply, I tried again and it was successful installed.
I'm going to test the functions now, thanks for your reply.

FliesLikeABrick
December 27, 2004, 6:37 pm
okay yeah, that whole not-working seemed kind of flukish to me because that is such a weird place for it to error

Yukwunhang
December 27, 2004, 7:29 pm
How do you display the Player's and Weapon's Stats Search?
I tried to combine this with the XOOPS.
http://slsforum.no-ip.info:8000/PC/modules/cjaycontent
Hmm...yes, my soldat server is not online, but it says it's online.
-EDIT-
When I run my statsupdate.php, it update 5 logs but I only got 2.

FliesLikeABrick
December 27, 2004, 7:47 pm
please read the readme included with the scripts.

The status only works if you run the soldat server on the same computer as the web server (for now). You also must have one console log for every kill log, and they must be numbered the same (be in pairs). You must have 5 logs, or had 5 logs at some point in order for it to say that. The logs have to be sequentially numbered. I'll bang out a quick script module to make it easier to incorporate the weapon and playe search into your pages.

Gimme 20 mins

Yukwunhang
December 27, 2004, 8:02 pm
Yes, my soldat server and my web server is on the same computer.
Yeah, must I make my server with Dedicated Server instead of just make a game in the Soldat?

FliesLikeABrick
December 27, 2004, 8:05 pm
Yes, you have to use dedicated server so that it generates the other 2 logs that normal soldat games do not. These scripts are intended to be used with dedicated servers.

Release 4.5 is out and contains that search module that I forgot.

Yukwunhang
December 27, 2004, 8:13 pm
And one more thing, how do you reset the log number that statsupdate.php will resume at next update? I deleted all my logs and i want to update the stat at the beginning.
-EDIT-
You forgot to change the subject of this thread,lol.

FliesLikeABrick
December 27, 2004, 8:18 pm
yes i am changing the topic now. The easiest way to reset it, especially if you just installed, is to go in with phpmyadmin and delete your u13sss_ tables, then reinstall etc etc

Yukwunhang
December 27, 2004, 8:35 pm
When i reinstall i got that error again.:(
quote:Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\appserv\www\u13sss\install.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\appserv\www\u13sss\install.php on line 160

-EDIT-
omg, its OK now.

Yukwunhang
December 28, 2004, 8:26 am
There is a problem.The first Kill log is called KillLog-1, but the first ConsoleLog is called ConsoleLog.
But the script put Killlog-1 n Consolelog-1 as one pair.So there is a error said that cannot find the last Console log.
-EDIT-
Which file did you fixed in 4.6?

FliesLikeABrick
December 28, 2004, 12:15 pm
look in the first post. 4.6 fixed one thing in all the files.

As for the naming of those files, I'm not quite sure why they are named that way

Yukwunhang
December 28, 2004, 12:34 pm
My solution is create a blank ConsoleLog.txt.
-EDIT-
Any problem if i join my own server in the same camputer?

FliesLikeABrick
December 28, 2004, 9:23 pm
shouldn't be a problem with either of those

hock3y
December 30, 2004, 1:10 am
If you join your server on the same computer, be careful because it creates a new killlog, so you will have to check which one goes with the server, and which goes with you playing in the server.

Yukwunhang
January 2, 2005, 5:20 pm
Hmm, actually i'm asking for that. So I need 2 computers to play and make a server at the same time. :(

hock3y
January 7, 2005, 12:06 am
no you don't simply check which killlog and console log match up, then delete the kill log that is just from you, not from the game.

FliesLikeABrick
January 7, 2005, 1:19 am
or create a separate soldat installation, one for the server and one for your client, that will keep your logs separate

Yukwunhang
January 7, 2005, 12:03 pm
Hmm...I'll try, thanks.

karmacoma
January 7, 2005, 2:44 pm
Really nice work!!! I would love to get this up and running. What version of php and mysql do you guys recommend? I seem to have som trouble running the install.php. It seems it cannot authenticate properly to the local mysqlserver.

FliesLikeABrick
January 7, 2005, 10:28 pm
karmacoma, find me on IRC, (quakenet channel #u13) and I will help you figure out what is wrong with your configuration. any version of php and mysql should work. I built the scripts while using multiple versions of each over the past year and a half, with no version issues.

Btw, people using these scripts online, please post links to your pages in this thread, I'm curious to see how/who is using them

hock3y
January 14, 2005, 3:23 pm
www.zombiectf.tk

You can find the server in the lobby at the name Zombie Match ->>>CTF<<<

hock3y
January 17, 2005, 10:55 pm
Also, once you use a log and it has been updated, can you delete the log?

FliesLikeABrick
January 18, 2005, 12:56 am
i would recommend leaving them, at least the most recent 2 or 3. I still would suggest leaving them all

miky258
January 18, 2005, 2:27 pm
I can't use it -.-

Vostok 4
March 5, 2005, 4:57 am
FliesLikeABrick... you should try to possibly... optimize your statsupdate.php code. Taking a look at it, for 2 days of stats, I just did 11 million queries.

I'll say it again... 11 million queries.

You should start making uid an autoincrementing field first of all, gets rid of a bunch (a query to get then set the uid is eliminated) also, try using multidimensional arrays as storage items, and iterate through the array only once doing a query for each row (in this case, each row should be a player's name)... that way... you will be getting only about 2 * numPlayers for that day queries to just update the actual kills.... I haven't had a chance to really look into it but if you want help or examples on how to fix that up I can help.

(Just sayin this because if someone has a week or so of logs and they try your script it will effectively rape their server)

FliesLikeABrick
March 5, 2005, 6:29 am
lol Vostok i know, i already have an optimized version here, i just havent had time to rewrite the console log update parts. I already have every single one of those optimizations you mentioned.

i find this really funny .... :P

the new scripts can parse 135MB of kill logs in 4.5 minutes. I coded the original stats update when i sucked horribly at php, and ive just been way too busy to optimize it

the next release of U13sss will be U13CTF v1, i just want to make sure all the bugs are out of it and that everything is perfect. As iti s now, the current release of U13sss has some major bugs in the on-the-fly-update, I just haven't had the time to fix it. Rather than update my old code, I'm just gonna rewrite it over spring break or something

Vostok 4
March 5, 2005, 6:57 am
Can I optimize what you put out and keep it to myself? I can probably have it finished by tonight ;)

FliesLikeABrick
March 5, 2005, 7:00 am
Technically you aren't supposed to, and I've chewed people out before for modifying the functional source. The only reason i say no is because itll encourage other people to start modifying it

Vostok 4
March 5, 2005, 7:13 am
Fair enough, I'll just write my own stats script hehe, after looking at it its too much work modifying your statsupdate.php script anyways rofl.

Hopefully I can get it done for the end of tomorrow night if I put some real manhours into hehe.

Were you on crack when you wrote it? Some of those things.... are so.... original :)

FliesLikeABrick
March 5, 2005, 7:27 am
i wrote that 14 months ago, only about a month after i started learning php and mysql. Everything i write now is optimized the first time around, I just never felt like putting the effort into fixing that script lol

It is unfortunate that I haven't had the time to keep up with the U13SSS stuff lately. First semester I originally packaged them all up from my site, that took a while. Now I barely have time to maintain and add small features to the U13 homepage.

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 8:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Vostok 4Were you on crack when you wrote it? Some of those things.... are so.... original :)

...be careful what you say Vostok. You don't have to download FLABs scripts.

Vostok 4
March 5, 2005, 10:01 am
I know I don't, sorry if I came across as obnoxious, I tried to not do that with the little :) at the end. It's just that I had a good time reading through the code :)

Alls well and done, I'm well on my way to completing my code this weekend.

FliesLikeABrick
March 5, 2005, 6:24 pm
I know the code in the update script is very outdated. After I had my site done was when i started writing scripts to do more intense things, and I quickly began writing more optimized code. Even 2 months after having the scripts done, I just never had the time to go back and fix it, because they ran well enough, and I had never planned on releasing these from the beginning, I only wrote them well enough to run on my server.

People asked for them, so I released them, but never had time to make them all optimized and such :P

it'll happen, but at the time I released them, separating the scripts from my site and making them globally compatible (and configurable with the one file) was quite a feat, it took me a week or two to get it separated.

EDIT: Most of those 11 million queries are because of the on-the-fly update feature. With every line parsed in the logs, it updates the table in the mysql so that it will always know where it left off, in case the user wants to be able to update the stats while the server is up. In the next version i will make this an option in the config so that the server doesn't get raped unnecessarily

Vostok 4
March 5, 2005, 11:49 pm
Here's a hint :) Create a multi dimensional array that acts exactly like SQL DB in your calls. You can still do your on the fly updates, but instead you are updating your array instead of doing a query (there goes 90% of all queries). Then just at the beginning of the script populate the array from DB, and at the end populate DB from array, easy as 1-2-3 :) I hope to have my stats script done tonight, latest tomorrow, I'll put up the link when it is.

FliesLikeABrick
March 5, 2005, 11:55 pm
yeah, im thinking about taking the "do not modify" stamp off of U13SSS

I originally made the stats stuff with the hope of inspiring others to do so, and i feel that by now i can let people modify my work.

mar77a has done some great work, and im anxious to see what people can do from here.

I hereby declare U13SSS editable, and you may distribute modified copies as long as you do so and indicate that they are modified.

You can remove copyright tags on modified copies, but leave them on anything that remains untouched. I will edit the copy that is currently linked to for distribution and remove all copyright marks, but please just realize that this is my hard work, and that you might be better off using it as a guide and creating something better on your own.

Enjoy, I hope to see good things come of this :P

the only restriction is that you may not distribute your modified versions as copyright yourself

Vostok 4
March 6, 2005, 12:16 am
Good idea :) A bit late now though lol, woulda saved me lotsa time last night hehe! I'm sure people will put out some great mods.

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 12:49 am
yeah, once i have the time to code the U13 message boards on my site, i will make one specifically for fixes and mods for U13SSS.
My goal originally was to defeat boredom last January when i coded all of this, and with that being accomplished i further pursued the scripts to encourage others to start working on their own.

mar77a
March 6, 2005, 1:03 pm
Mmm, great, im starting the infiltration version...thanks for the advertising anyways...

EDIT: you did encourage me...thx again...

EDIT2: INF version finished.

EDIT3: http://dyn.u13.net:6080/host/arg/misc/u13sss-inf.zip

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 5:28 pm
There is a new version up on the site that fixes some pretty bad bugs in the ranking system. I didn't bother giving it a new version number since im kinda lazy, and it was just bug fixes. Please download it and at the very lease replace:
rank100.php
statsplayer.php
top10.php
rank100small.php

zoldat
April 30, 2005, 9:40 am
why does all the stats pic's say taht the server is online when it isent???

FliesLikeABrick
April 30, 2005, 6:56 pm
do the rest of the scripts say that the server is online?

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 8:20 pm
Testing Image StATS

Leo
August 17, 2005, 1:59 pm
I am sorry to bring an old post back but could someone post a working link for u13sss-inf.zip ? It's at first page but the link is down and I'd like to have a look at it. Many thanks :)

FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2005, 3:32 pm
mar77a's modification for INF: http://dyn.u13.net:6080/u13sss-inf.zip

fixed the link.

If you plan to contine using u13sss, please follow the news on the forums carefully about the U13SSS re-development. there are some large bugs in this older version and it needs some serious re-coding when I have the time. It will functionally be 10x better

Leo
August 17, 2005, 7:07 pm
Ok thanks, I do have a problem. It seems that the script doesn't log the dates that players played. I mean there are players there but all of them are unranked. There are kills/deaths but not when the player played for last time. I checked the database and in the "lastplayed" column there are only "0000-00-00". Any ideas ?

FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2005, 7:11 pm
that is not my fault, but rather something that mar77a broke when he made it for inf. talk to him about it, as I can not go around tidying up the modifications made by other people, sorry

Leo
August 17, 2005, 8:06 pm
I had exactly the same problem before I replace the modification files :)

FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2005, 8:47 pm
do your consolelog files exist? and are they numbered the same as the killlogs?

Leo
August 18, 2005, 6:07 am
Yeah but still nothing. Well, it seems I'll have to wait for the new version.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 4:52 pm
It works really well for me, great stats, but...
- there are a few places where it doesn't use config, but hard-typed file names; I had to fix it on my server for proper behaviour
- instead of config with colors etc, it would be easier and more flexible to assign classes to some objects and use CSS
- when someone has 100 kills, in his page he's on ranking, but doesn't appear on ranking page - 101 kills needed there
- might it be xhtml 1.0 - compatible?

Sk8er
August 23, 2005, 8:54 am
What is this program for can any1 tel meh?

hock3y
August 23, 2005, 3:41 pm
If you run a server you can take the stats from the server and they displayed on your website using these scripts.

FliesLikeABrick
August 23, 2005, 10:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ven0mIt works really well for me, great stats, but...
- there are a few places where it doesn't use config, but hard-typed file names; I had to fix it on my server for proper behaviour
- instead of config with colors etc, it would be easier and more flexible to assign classes to some objects and use CSS
- when someone has 100 kills, in his page he's on ranking, but doesn't appear on ranking page - 101 kills needed there
- might it be xhtml 1.0 - compatible?

all modifications are left up to the end user. if someone wants CSS, they have to put it in themselves, because if i put CSS in the release, then people will ask me to take it out and just use html tags without CSS.

As for the 100-101 kills thing, i'll look into it. these bugs used to exist, but i thought i fixed them all

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 8:46 am
Thanks for response.
There's also otehr issue - current server sometimes doesn't log properly and kills log is "damaged". Basically log should consist of --- date time and 3 lines with killer, victim and weapon. Instead of these 3 lines, sometimes it happens that there's only 1 or 2 lines. When I hit update, it shows that some lines were fixed, but it "hangs" on update and further kills updates don't change kills statistics. I'll fix it on my server when I find time, but I just wanted to report problems.

FliesLikeABrick
August 25, 2005, 12:59 pm
i've never had it hang before, and i've been using the same core stats engine as u13sss uses for over 2 years :-/

edit: but yes, i have known about that bug and wrote a large chunk of code to fix things. the lines skipped would contain nicknames starting with * or ^

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 8:58 am
I looked into log reading/fixing code and it looks ok to me... However there's what I found in table:
starteddate 08-24-2005
update 0
updateline 44528
soldatlognumber 22
updatelinecons 14172
lastlogsize 431
updateddate 8/27/2005 9:45:12 AM CET

When it used previous kills log file, updateline number was the same. When I drop tables, install again and hit update, it seems to update stats, but as you know, parsing a few MB of logs takes a lot of time.
If that helps, I use soldat server 2.3.6 on Windows, earlier used 2.3.5

FliesLikeABrick
August 27, 2005, 4:00 pm
im currently working on U13SSS release 5 which will have a different, much much faster engine. updates will take mere seconds and not many minutes. Keep an eye out for that thread, the new release should solve absolutely every problem with the code engine

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 8:14 pm
Great :D
Day after I set up soldat server on my comp, I've chosen U13SSS stats to install and players love them. They check site, compare stats and read top10 tables. Your statting system is very easy to set up and thanks to SQL, external applications can read data easily.

FliesLikeABrick
September 28, 2005, 3:16 am
topic locked -

If you have any issues with this release, try to work it out or contact me, or post in the U13 forums.

For general U13SSS questions, look at this thread http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=26522 about the new U13SSS development.