( search forums )
My LOTR map that got deleted :( comments please?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
January 14, 2003, 2:34 pm
[V]well... okay maybe this isnt a map download, but flanagan please dont delete this post x_x. anyway... i was making a map based on the hobbiton mill from the Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring movie. while i was working, i had to go somewhere with the family. i didnt want to compile it because when you compile the map, it tends to throw off the triangles a bit. oh and by the way, im using the soldat mapmaker, not edit pro. im still learning for that... well, anyway... i just decided to leave the computer on so when i came back it would work again. and so i left and came back. well, what do you know. the damn screen for the mapmaker turns black stops responding. all that work down the mother freaking drain. [:-weepn][V][:(!][:-weepn][:(][:(!]GRRR!! i did manage to take a printscreen shot while i was making the map.

the screenshot shows the first half of the map that i made. i had already finished most of the actual mill too. i just wanted you guys to comment on what you think of the map so far... and if you guys think its good enough (by that one... measly... screenshot) then maybe ill remake it... bleh. here you go.

First Picture: The screenshot of my lost map.
Second Picture: The picture my map was based on.
- keep in mind i used the soldat mapmaker so my maps wont be all 3d fancy like the other ones. if only i learned... damn that edit pro and its not-letting-you-see-anything-except-wireframe-ness.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] thebridge.jpg199.54 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] hobbiton_mill.jpg19.52 KB

dittyman
January 14, 2003, 4:27 pm
thats an awesome pic man but i dont see how u could play on it but sure remake it
it looks great

mak89gt
January 14, 2003, 4:55 pm
it will be good! the map bridge looks gr8! im sure anyone will agree to that since ur not using edit pro! hope ur map comes out soon!

Darac
January 14, 2003, 8:50 pm
good old new zealand scenery :) im looking out my window now and i can see a farm and a river with a bridge, its great!

you have to try and find the perfect balance of the map looking good, and the fun you have on it. ppl will play a map the doesnt look all that great but plays really well, over a map the looks really good but doesnt play well.

oh and snake, you do know you can save a map with out compiling it didnt you? cause if you did i would imagin you would have saved it... :/

Mossy
January 14, 2003, 10:03 pm
very kool,

it's like... Soldat gfx at it's best but... if only the hills could act as background - then you could walk on the bridge and exetra - your an awsome artist at mapmaking, but I don't see how it's playable yet...

mateenjahanmiry
January 15, 2003, 12:44 am
awesome pic., it sux ur comp. didn't respond, this is why i always say, SAVE UR WORK PLEASE, IT HELPS, i was making a site once and was done and hadn't saved it at all. i made it again but it froze at the end, that's one of the things that could really piss you off.

liquidis x snake
January 15, 2003, 2:05 am
last time i saved it with my normandy map... and when i tried to reload it, it said textures cannot be loaded... so im like WHAT THE FREAKEN DOH-NESS!!! x__x well, alright, thanks!! ill consider remaking after i reformat and change to WINXP

liquidis x snake
January 15, 2003, 2:07 am
oh, and is it possible to have things on the background using the original map maker? like have a triangle there but being able to walk infront of it?? thanks to anyone who can help my... "noobness" ;D

High
January 15, 2003, 2:49 am
liquidis x snake: i dont think so...i think you need edit pro to do that...

Mossy
January 15, 2003, 3:57 am
not even Edit Pro will let you do that - Something Soldat maps I think should work on!

it's either walk on it or walk behind it :(

toozler
January 15, 2003, 2:35 pm
nice map
i like the rivers mirror efect

High
January 15, 2003, 9:05 pm
Mossy: that sux then...

Mossy
January 16, 2003, 1:42 am
well thats the way it is until Mike makes a "better" mapmaker.

There could be a mapmaker better than what I've seen on that screeny of the v1.1.0

what I'm saying is that if someone had alot of talent with programming, a "good" mapmaker! with extra detail!

liquidis x snake
January 16, 2003, 2:07 am
lol thanks toozler, that was my favorite part of the map x]. well, yeah, back to the map, there needs to be background-nesssssssssssssssssss!! it would make gameplay so much more fun. toying around with details like that would kick arse. now then, lets start a petition >=]

thelizno
January 16, 2003, 9:04 am
omfg - that looks awesome!
must have taken you quite some time :(

Darac
January 16, 2003, 9:45 am
if you want to tell ppl about your ideas.... there is a thread for it you know.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 18, 2003, 1:07 pm
that is GOOOOOOD art!

zene
January 24, 2003, 9:40 pm
WHOW, damn that looks so awesome ! :D

liquidis x snake
January 24, 2003, 11:34 pm
i miss my map. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. [:-banghead]

Darac
January 25, 2003, 12:53 am
lol, dont complain and remake it then!

liquidis x snake
January 25, 2003, 4:58 am
have u ever made something and it looked good (a drawing or what not) and then try to draw it again... and it comes out horribly? yeah. that. lol

Darac
January 25, 2003, 5:26 am
thats a good point actully. i do art in school and its hard to do part of a painting one day and finish it about a week later... :/