( search forums )
Gun Colors
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
?
November 14, 2004, 4:17 pm
I know death and blood and such is what everyone on this forum is after, but I think there could be an option to add a overall tint to the gun, like say I like green, and the ak, well then I would not have to part with my two greatest loves. I don't know how hard it would be to program this though so.....

Will
November 14, 2004, 4:32 pm
i dont see the point myself but others may like it.

zyxstand
November 14, 2004, 5:08 pm
sounds like an "ok" idea but it just gonna mess things up:
firstly, different mods make guns look differently neways (so u can custom edit it (although thats not rly what u wanted)) but for me i usually attack a lil strategically, knowing what weapon they have and wait for them to reload and having different gun colors will just confuse the hell out of ppl (including me)

Belier13
November 14, 2004, 5:30 pm
Weird
Stupid idea

Michal
November 14, 2004, 5:39 pm
An interesting idea. If u kill someone and pick up their gun, they would know it was their gun you stole by the color, could be funny in advance mode. I probably wouldn't use it, but I like the option of more customization for players.

Will
November 14, 2004, 5:41 pm
nah, this idea = rubbish

kkazican
November 14, 2004, 5:42 pm
I don't get it

Teh Panda
November 14, 2004, 6:56 pm
Useless

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 2:05 am
Maybe for fun, this'd be a good idea. But other than that.. meh. I'd use it if it were put in.

Yin_Starrunner
November 15, 2004, 5:36 pm
very unnecessary

DT
November 15, 2004, 7:02 pm
it would show whos weapons you toke... mine would be orange...

papasurf31
November 15, 2004, 8:02 pm
The gun are so small, you would barely be able to tell the difference, and with multiple players (say like above 8) you would run out of colors and some of them would be too close to tell the difference.

Svirin Kerath
November 15, 2004, 9:22 pm
it would just drag on all the other reasources. if you really want tinted weapons, open the gun in PS, new layer with all just one color (opacity about 40-60% ), layer merge down, re-'invisible' greenerize the outsides and there you have it.

?
November 15, 2004, 10:19 pm
For one I am lazy and don't want to be editing guns and such, also I want pink guns

Dark_Noddy
November 16, 2004, 1:38 pm
Make an exterior program that does the job ? Think this idea is ok, but IMHO other things should get priority..

Svirin Kerath
November 20, 2004, 11:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dark_NoddyMake an exterior program that does the job ? Think this idea is ok, but IMHO other things should get priority..

i agree. to have it apply in-game is unnescessary and a waste of space. an outside application would be alright.

KnOt
November 21, 2004, 12:45 am
bleh

diediedie119
December 8, 2004, 9:09 pm
hey what type of layer rastor or wat

Melba
December 8, 2004, 9:39 pm
*hostility*

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:06 pm
no thats stupid, because, soldat allows you to change your gun, and besides if your on a 56k modem and there are 9 people using diff weapon looks you'd have to dl them before you can play, FU1< that idea to hell

BMF
December 10, 2004, 1:40 am
Awesome idea Gram. I'd love to sport a pink gone. And pwn the [IMAGE] out of everybody

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 1:56 am
Krieg, you wouldn't have to download the colors just like you don't have to download the colors of people's clothing...and don't try to cuss by typing some crappy combination of numbers and letters especially while dissing someone else's idea, that's just lame.