( search forums )
New feature....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
yournamehere
November 15, 2004, 12:52 am
I think that if you are nearly dead you should be able to "surrender" by hitting a button and then your character should drop his weapon and have an indicator over his head so enemies nearby can come "collect" him and take him to their base. you get freed after either 1 mintue passes OR you get tagged by a teammate OR (in DM) the person who captured you gets killed.

Magniitude
November 15, 2004, 1:06 am
I bet most people would kill you anyways. BTW, if you're gonna get "collected" why bother to surrender in the first place. Most people probably wouldn't realize it wand kill you on the spot.

So no, it's not a good idea.

Also, how would you have bases in DM?????

(think!)

Michal
November 15, 2004, 1:07 am
Is this a new game mode or something? I don't like it, it's not really practical. Although, a /surrender command might be entertaining.

kkazican
November 15, 2004, 1:58 am
why surrender when with 1% health I can kill someone with full life?

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 2:08 am
Yes, it could be part of a new game-mode called Tag

And all the rules in Tag would be different, like, instead of bullets, you shoot sausages out of your gun, and any grenades or the like turn into exploding babies that face-hug you and plant alien worms in your chest. Then, after like, 3 seconds, your guys is like, "omfG!!!11shiftone!!", and a heavily armored tricycle bursts out of his chest, firing magnetic cheese gratings in every-which-way.

yournamehere
November 15, 2004, 2:12 am
quote:Originally posted by MagniitudeI bet most people would kill you anyways. BTW, if you're gonna get "collected" why bother to surrender in the first place. Most people probably wouldn't realize it wand kill you on the spot.

(think!)

ahem... quote: OR (in DM) the person who captured you gets killed.

karmazon
November 15, 2004, 2:32 am
I think command /surrender would be cool, you use it, and you're soldat drops weapons and gets on his knees and raises hands in the air XD.

zyxstand
November 15, 2004, 2:58 am
i think better yet, we should have a whole game mode for this - it would be a teammatch and everytime someone gets shot and should die, they just drop their gun and have to walk to the enemy's base box and when someone from the team touches that box they all get freed (or just the ones from that team) its a korny idea definitely but its better than yournamehere's - in fact, if u rly do want a good idea click http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17425 - its a much better idea kinda like this one but much better!

Magniitude
November 15, 2004, 3:08 am
quote:Originally posted by yournameherequote:Originally posted by MagniitudeI bet most people would kill you anyways. BTW, if you're gonna get "collected" why bother to surrender in the first place. Most people probably wouldn't realize it wand kill you on the spot.

(think!)

Ahem...they still capture you-thus meaning in your terms theres some kind of base!!!

Swarmer
November 15, 2004, 4:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliYes, it could be part of a new game-mode called Tag

And all the rules in Tag would be different, like, instead of bullets, you shoot sausages out of your gun, and any grenades or the like turn into exploding babies that face-hug you and plant alien worms in your chest. Then, after like, 3 seconds, your guys is like, "omfG!!!11shiftone!!", and a heavily armored tricycle bursts out of his chest, firing magnetic cheese gratings in every-which-way.

LMAO

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 5:47 am
I drew a picture to help visualize the concept.

http://img12.paintedover.com/uploads/12/tagmode.png

LazehBoi
November 15, 2004, 8:09 am
HAHAHAHAH.

This idea is too complicated and pointless, really.

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 9:03 am
You can see my leet hacks in the picture, as I'm firing my HK MPSausage -while reloading-. I'm so uber-cool.

bb_vb
November 15, 2004, 10:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliYes, it could be part of a new game-mode called Tag

*adds to list of mods to make for new engine...*

But really, as the others have said, in a game as fast as Soldat, you'd be better off /merci'ing yourself and respawning...

As a completely new game mode, it 'could' work, but this would have to be just one of many attributes to make it any good.

A 'releaso' type game could be interesting tho, where one team tries to round up all the opposing team members and put them in a 'base', and they win when they get all of them. But if one of the opposing members runs through the base and yells "releaso" then everyone is freed again.

EDIT: Just saw that zyxstand already mentioned that mode type ;)

Element_101
November 15, 2004, 10:44 am
Its not a bad idea but it just dosn't fit into the whole soldat concept.

Will
November 15, 2004, 11:53 am
quote:yes, it could be part of a new game-mode called Tag

ROFL

(you missed the part with the demented hamster)

Skate4Razors
November 15, 2004, 3:14 pm
Don't cry Sauron (yournamehere), I think it would be a cool idea, but it wouldn't really work...

DT
November 15, 2004, 3:22 pm
*surrenders*
*no one picks him up*
*hours later*
Me:.... HELLO!!
ME: fine i don't surrender....
*gets shot*

GunPowder
November 15, 2004, 3:38 pm
maybe we can make a rainbow six mode and put this feature in it ,,, :) :)

Yin_Starrunner
November 15, 2004, 5:47 pm

and I tohught the forums couldn't get any stupider...

DT
November 15, 2004, 7:08 pm
yes his stupidness affects all of us...
but i say no to the surrender... by the time you type the command you will be shot anyways...

yournamehere
November 16, 2004, 12:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Magniitudequote:Originally posted by yournameherequote:Originally posted by MagniitudeI bet most people would kill you anyways. BTW, if you're gonna get "collected" why bother to surrender in the first place. Most people probably wouldn't realize it wand kill you on the spot.

(think!)

Ahem...they still capture you-thus meaning in your terms theres some kind of base!!!

you follow them around until they die

Svirin Kerath
November 20, 2004, 11:14 pm
how about, when you capture them, they get full health and can't hurt you, but if someone kills them, the kill point goes to you?

other than that, it's stupid. : /

STEELIX
November 21, 2004, 11:57 am
soldat's gameplay is too fast for this imo. Not a single soldier lives long enough to surrender, or to take prison a surrenderer and take it back to his base.

IDF-RIPsta
November 22, 2004, 3:45 pm
Please see my interpretation of the idea and tell me what you think:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18847