( search forums )
Extracting Demos
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Bob_Just_Bob
November 15, 2004, 3:03 am
I've read the manual and all that and I have tried the 'demo# 0/1 ---% 0/1 0/1' thing but it just says 'Playing Demo' and never plays it. Do I have to register soldat to get this feature?

N1nj@
November 15, 2004, 3:07 am
No, you don't need to register to get this feature.

quote:I've recorded them, now how do I play them?

We've had quite a few people asking how to play the demos they have recorded. For that there is the excellent Diamond Demo Player created by Pr0ger.

Extract the file in to the Soldat Directory and run it from there. Most people then create a shortcut to it on their desktop.

ThaD
November 15, 2004, 7:36 am
make sure the demo's name is correct and the port is set to "0" and no u don't have to be registered.

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 9:01 am
No, Bob Just Bob. Demos are a feature anyone can use.

To play a demo, start up Soldat and click the Join Game tab. From there, type in the name of your demo in the server IP box, and that should start the demo for you.

Make sure your demo is stored in the Demo folder, under the Soldat directory. (Soldat\Demo\yourdemofile)

Bob_Just_Bob
November 15, 2004, 8:28 pm
You guys dont understand. I'm trying to extract demos as .bmp files to make an .avi I can watch them normally just fine. I just cant get it to extract or any of the other things.

BManx2000
November 15, 2004, 10:40 pm
I thinkto extract the demo you have to put the last (fourth) number as 1 in the command line. Otherwise just download the Diamond Demo Player as suggested, which manages the commandline options for you.

Bob_Just_Bob
November 17, 2004, 9:24 pm
Ah. Nevermind I see the little arrow at the bottom brings up the different options.