( search forums )
HL2... one day...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
frogboy
November 15, 2004, 7:42 am
YES! One day until brainless Xbox fanboys shut up about Halo2!

Jap_man
November 15, 2004, 7:43 am
yea! damn right froggeh !

Milkman Dan
November 15, 2004, 7:55 am
yay its out, too bad i didnt realise till a few days ago or otherwise i would have preordered it ^_^

The Geologist
November 15, 2004, 8:10 am
Yea! Let's all shut up about Halo 2 so we can talk about NFSU2 and run that into the ground by posting pictures of all the cars we unlock.

Hektik Sniper
November 15, 2004, 9:18 am
\o/

Elephant_Hunter
November 15, 2004, 2:20 pm
A couple days ago I downloaded all the HL2 vids from bittorrent and watched them (for the second time.) Sorry punks, but this is going to blow halo2 out of the water. It'll be the most mod-friendly game of it's time and feature a better graphics engine than even doom 3 has to offer.

In Doom 3, when you shoot a wall, an image is patched over it that looks a little like a bullet hole. When you shoot the wall in Half Life 2, you're gonna see some chunks of that wall comin' out and a indentation where you shot. The physics are unique and new for it's time...

Check it out: http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/

Don't think your PC can handle the sheer power? Think again. Half Life 2 automatically adjusts to your video card and will lower the graphic settings to the best gameplay quality possible.

karmazon
November 15, 2004, 2:30 pm
Half Life 2 sucks
Halo 2 sucks
what else...

zoldat
November 15, 2004, 2:42 pm
this is NOT a Halo forum its a soldat forum

Tha Doggfather
November 15, 2004, 3:52 pm
This is the lounge, you can talk about anything (well almost anything) here.

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 4:33 pm
Half Life 2 will indeed be the most mod friendly game ever, which is a good thing. However, steam sucks.

And whats so special about good graphics? I'd rather play Doom 2 or Quake 1 than Half Life 2, purely because they run smoother, and they actually run on my pc. Games developers concentrate on a realistic game these days, and they don't think about playability. They would have many more customers with a less graphical intensive game, plus it wouldn't take as f**king long to release as HL2 has done. I think my favourite FPS ever is Doom 2, and I don't think it will be beaten by anything else ever. You can shove HL2 in front of me and I'll just 'meh' it like I did UT2004. It's all the same up to what it looks like. I'm a big fan of Halo, but thats because it worked differently to most FPS I played ever. Halo 2 is a bit of a disappointment to me, because they blew off most of the new features they promised, and gave the game better graphics. Waste of time, I was happy with how Halo looked.

Do you understand my point? The games industry is too based on graphical improvements - all it means is that games take much longer to release, and that everyone has to spend god knows how much money on upgrading their pc to run the latest "best game evar!!112". What, you need a 2GHz CPU and 512MB of RAM to play Doom 3? You're gonna be needing the same for HL2, and I'm here running Soldat perfectly fine on a 667mhz CPU and 256 RAM, and enjoying it.

Games just aren't worth it anymore :(

Deleted User
November 15, 2004, 4:40 pm
It wouldn't even run on my computer, but I don't really care as I prefer 2d games anyways.

Niff
November 15, 2004, 6:50 pm
*preordered the CE*
*points to his survival kit under the desk*

Elephant_Hunter
November 16, 2004, 5:37 am
Truthfully I just wanted to see what was in store for Gordon next.

fabmanx
November 16, 2004, 6:31 am
San Andreas owns HL2 and Halo 2, and Soldat owns all of those. :)

Elephant_Hunter
November 16, 2004, 6:38 am
Really we can't comment on HL2 until tomarrow... when it hits the shelves (Yes, even you Folks with the cracked version.)

paramud
November 16, 2004, 11:47 am
... ofcourse you can, its been in blockbuster for weeks here...

n00bface
November 16, 2004, 12:08 pm
It's out now, there was a countdown in #halflife2 and like 800 people were there :O I downloaded it right when it came out (give or take 3 minutes), and so far it sucks. it sucks because of my FPS, i bet it will rule once i try it at my father's house.

AerialAssault
November 16, 2004, 12:23 pm
Sralky : you dont agree that special effects, sound, and graphics all are part of the gaming experience and when they are awsome it can enhance the quality of the gameplay itself?

palloco
November 16, 2004, 1:06 pm
But where are those games enhanced with those nice effects and based in a good playability?
They do not exist, for some stupid reason people only care about having the latest machine and playing the game with more special effects, that is why companies do not care about playability and you find the best games in the freeware and rarely in commercial ones.
HL2 is the proof. Few people played it and still many people want it simply because it seems "cool". I would say because that company put a lot of money on it, because there are other games with more special effects.

DT
November 16, 2004, 3:53 pm
my calculations it will take about the time when Meatal Gear 3 comes out.... for them to start say that halo 2 is better...

Subslider
November 16, 2004, 8:31 pm
well im playing HL2 at the moment.. and it rox.. the psyhics or so much fun right now im back at black mesa with the crappies ^^

Best part so far?.. the airboat with the heli.. grapics orgasim...^^
i took a whole bunch of screenies so.. if ya wanna see tell so and ill host em somewere..

but its time to take a break.. giving me a headache..:P

Skate4Razors
November 16, 2004, 8:47 pm
Halo2... Soldat... Um.... Soldat WINS!

Drama
November 16, 2004, 9:08 pm
Dont be bitchy just because your pc sucks :F

Anyway i wont buy it yet due my GF FX 5200 wont provide the experience im expecting

Tha Doggfather
November 17, 2004, 2:04 am
This game really lives up to the hype imo.

graphics are awesome, i know graphics dont make the game, but they certainly help.

the physics are so fun to mess around with, the gravity gun is hilarious.

the "acting" of the characters is breath taking, every emotion, every expression is noticable.

this is certainly one of the best games i ever played, if not the best (ill have to finish the game before i can say that)

to all you people with [IMAGE]ty PCs: its time to upgrade, you cant miss this game. dont wait around for a couple of years to play it.

ThaD
November 17, 2004, 9:55 am
>>o all you people with ty PCs: its time to upgrade, you cant miss this game. dont wait around for a couple of years to play it

nah i'd stay with Scorch :P