( search forums )
gun names
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
HOBBES
November 15, 2004, 7:40 pm
It would be useful if you could see the names of the guns laying in the ground.

DT
November 15, 2004, 7:51 pm
mabye if the names would appear if thier are two or more weapons together to see witch weapons where there??

but i don't know about rambo matches....

Svirin Kerath
November 15, 2004, 9:24 pm
actually, i think this is a good idea. in fact, you could have a custom text list for what the weapon would 'say' when it was dropped... i see some amusing possibilities..

Yin_Starrunner
November 15, 2004, 9:25 pm
i think the ground would get a little cluttered. If you kill a lot of people and there are weapons all over the ground, you might jsut be walking thorugh a sea of words.

I think perhaps instead of words, there should be a little glow around the weaps on the ground. An outline jsut clear enuf to see what the weapons are... But then you'd be walking through a sea of glowing objects.

Svirin Kerath
November 15, 2004, 9:32 pm
true... hmm.. well, if you walk into a varitable field of dropped weaponry, it'll be difficult to pick and choose anyway.. so what if the name only pops up once for each weapon within a certain radius?

Swarmer
November 15, 2004, 9:41 pm
Yeah, that would be really useful becuase its hard to see them.
You should be able to hold down a button to have the names appear.
Or only appear if you mouse-over them, like with people.

HOBBES
November 16, 2004, 4:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwarmerYeah, that would be really useful becuase its hard to see them.
You should be able to hold down a button to have the names appear.
Or only appear if you mouse-over them, like with people.

Just what I was gonna say! The name would only appear when the cursor is in the gun.

Roy
November 16, 2004, 11:59 pm
Hmm... I like it. Sometimes it's hard to realize that there are weapons around for you to pick up if you didn't actually see their owner die and drop it. And sometimes I mean to pick up one weapon but accidentally get another because I couldn't clearly see which was where. I think the best way to do it would be to simply have the number for the weapon appear above it (6 for ruger, 8 for barret, etc) and for secondary weapons, maybe just the first letter of the weapon's name (k for knife, c for chainsaw, u for USSOCOM, m for M72.) Make this an optional implementation and it'd be gold!

Svirin Kerath
November 20, 2004, 11:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by RoyHmm... I like it. Sometimes it's hard to realize that there are weapons around for you to pick up if you didn't actually see their owner die and drop it. And sometimes I mean to pick up one weapon but accidentally get another because I couldn't clearly see which was where. I think the best way to do it would be to simply have the number for the weapon appear above it (6 for ruger, 8 for barret, etc) and for secondary weapons, maybe just the first letter of the weapon's name (k for knife, c for chainsaw, u for USSOCOM, m for M72.) Make this an optional implementation and it'd be gold!

beats the crap outta my idea.. 'm for it now.. i think it would be fun to change the text tho... >=)

AerialAssault
November 21, 2004, 2:31 am
this sounds good, but only if you press a button should the guns be shown.

Swarmer
November 21, 2004, 4:10 am
yeah, like in diablo.

Yin_Starrunner
November 22, 2004, 1:23 am
or diablo 2. Hell, we're ripping off all those other games (Liero, Quake, CS, and worms. Not to mention Max Payne with the bullet time), so why not?

F3nyx
November 22, 2004, 4:15 am
I guess this would be a nice OPTION for some people. Lots of knifing has trained my eyes to keep track of where all dropped objects land, so I don't really need it. I would rather see the weapon drop bugs fixed -- like the one where you're carrying two M79s, and can't drop one without dropping them both, or the one where you pick up a gun and drop it again instantly.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:31 pm
i dont think you need it to tell you what the gun is if you know what the gun looks like, can we have a little common sence please?