( search forums )
Being able to customize the resolution of soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Psyker
November 15, 2004, 8:25 pm
I'd appreciate it (and I'm sure others would too) if you could be able to change the window resolution of soldat, other from fullscreen and just one windowed mode (800x600, I think?). I have a 1280x1024 monitor, and I'd really like to play soldat at something bigger than 800x600 in windowed mode, so in fullscreen I wouldn't have to keep using alt+tab to switch to other things.

b00stA
November 15, 2004, 8:41 pm
Too bad the topics from the archives can't be accessed right now. There are a lot of topics about this, a few explaining why this usually wouldn't work.

If you make the game area bigger, then it's unfair to people with slower computers.
It would be possible to resize the graphics from 640*480 to 800*600 for example, but it would look crappy. Then again, you could play windowed mode at higher resolutions.

In the end, I don't think anything like that will happen..

edak
November 17, 2004, 10:07 pm
well said... One of the biggest appeals to soldat is that it is fair for all (except 56k'ers, but that's another issue). Also this would make the barret a bit useless...

Meandor
November 18, 2004, 3:14 pm
Archives can be accessed, it's the search that doesn't work properly with archives. See forum support, the solution's there.