( search forums )
Animation integrated into weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Svirin Kerath
November 15, 2004, 9:30 pm
is it me, or is the minigun just a static gun that doesn't appear to rotate? i think the little alternate, 'revolving' picture of it needs to be implemented.

and i also think there should be an alternate bmp. or two for the other weapons as well, like the chainsaw and pistols (chainsaw would appear to have a rotating chain, pistols would appear to move back a little..)

heck, all of them should for modding purposes. imagine an animated laser sword replacing the knife, or guns that shape-shifted when fired. if you didn't want it to be animated, just use the same pic for each secondary animation bmp.

even without all the modding capabilities aside, i think it's just bogus that the darn minigun doesn't actually rotate!

kkazican
November 15, 2004, 10:05 pm
That would be a great implementation however it would interfere with the mods people make. The minigun's barrel goes back so far and I have seen many mods that don't have their minigun barrels go back that far. It would be just silly to see your whole gun rotating instead of just the barrel. Also if they change their animations then they couldn't play online because currently no changed animations are allowed online.

Noobile
November 16, 2004, 2:55 am
There is a minigun-rotate.bmp and it is kinda different from the minigun pics, the shading is moved, but I dunno if it's used...

Michal
November 16, 2004, 3:10 am
A while ago I posted an idea about having pistol slides moving with an extra image file frame. I think it would be good to have it like this, minigun would look better if it spun. Some mods would have to be updated, I wouln't mind updating mine.

Alamo
November 16, 2004, 2:55 pm
Noobile: no it's not used
yeah, those ideas sound quite good, although they are not needed ... i would really appreciate them though.

Svirin Kerath
November 18, 2004, 6:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by kkazicanThat would be a great implementation however it would interfere with the mods people make. The minigun's barrel goes back so far and I have seen many mods that don't have their minigun barrels go back that far. It would be just silly to see your whole gun rotating instead of just the barrel. Also if they change their animations then they couldn't play online because currently no changed animations are allowed online.

it wouldn't affect online because you're basically just changing a second image. you wouldn't need the whole gun to rotate or move, just the parts you wanted to move. if you've ever animated anything before, this makes perfect sense. = /

DeMonIc
November 18, 2004, 7:26 pm
Maybe as a "more animations: ON/OFF".Anyway, I like it.

Alamo
November 18, 2004, 10:51 pm
yey! Another opshun!!!! Give us at least 5 pages with opshuns!

Svirin Kerath
November 20, 2004, 11:08 pm
no options!!!!!
dammit, just intigrate it into game. if you don't want it in, mod it and stop being a lazy ass. = /

blackdevil0742
November 23, 2004, 9:39 am
me like it

peemonkey
November 23, 2004, 4:31 pm
indeedles mu'needles.

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 10:04 pm
good idea, i like it

mipit
November 24, 2004, 12:19 am
i was wondering... does the mini gun change between minigun rotate pictures? if it does we could change no. 2 (if the is one) with the barrels moved slighly to look as if it mooved

Mr Morfina
November 24, 2004, 7:48 pm
but would it make the game slower, with all the bmp changeing all the time ?

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 8:09 pm
//Starting transmission//
//Idea: goodidea/ Don't need option//
//End transmission//

BManx2000
November 24, 2004, 11:00 pm
It needs to be an option or else it would screw up every mod.
IT NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION

Svirin Kerath
November 26, 2004, 6:34 pm
IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE AN OPTION

here's what you do...

say you have desert eagles with moving slides

deagle would be the guns rightside up, deagle-2 would be upside down. then you'd have deagleA1 and deagleA1-2 for the second, animated bmp.

if you didn't want the slides to move backwards, you just copy 'deagle' and paste it over 'deagleA1,' same with the correspondings '2's. in game, there will be no animation. modders would have more cool oportunities, but with 2 simple copy/pastes could make a weapon not animated.

it's THAT easy- no 'option' required! = O

BManx2000
November 26, 2004, 8:14 pm
Nice double post. Maybe you'd change your tune when you have to do that crap every time you install a mod. A slight bit of work for Michal = less work for eveyone else.

Fangus Deef
November 26, 2004, 8:33 pm
this is a great idea, and if you dont get it, go breathe some oxygen mixed with twice as much hydrogen.

Svirin Kerath
November 29, 2004, 10:16 pm
BManx:
you have no idea.

F. D. : lol, but it's more of a chemical reaction between the two elements than a mixture.

not to be anal.

ok, maybe a little anal.

ddzNappy84
November 29, 2004, 10:59 pm
Awesome idea, I've noticed that extra image, and it's kinda dumb to have a non-spinning barrel when it should spin :(

Sprocket
November 30, 2004, 7:51 am
jea.. it would be great. and it could'nt be that hard either.

Svirin Kerath
December 1, 2004, 9:41 pm
it really isn't. you just have the game switch BMPs really fast. that's basically what animation is anyway.