( search forums )
Interesting problem....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Airpi
November 16, 2004, 9:33 pm
Alright, Im not sure if this is just a simple noob problem or something I've overlooked, but for some reason when I run the map maker, the editing screen is black. All of the toolbars work, but I cant see a single thing on the actuall map. Also, if I have the map maker installed, when I run Soldat I cant see anything once I start a game. It works without the map editor installed, so I dont think it's a video compatability error or anything. It occacionally gives me errors for not being able to locate the texture folder, even when Ive copy and pasted the texture folder into the map editor folder.

So...have I screwed my Soldat over or is this just a simple problem?

*Edit* Also, I dont know if this is worth mentioning, but it doesnt play the music I selected (necromancer).

*edit again* It also isnt because Im running it fullscreen. Its running normally, but I sometimes get error messages of illegal operations as well.

*edit yet again!* Alright, its settled down to giving me an error message for directX 8. Im not thinkin thats it, because I just re-installed directX 9. Its also asking for a "16, 24, or 32 bit bpp desktop", and I dont know what that means. Im thinking of just calling it a day and re-installing Soldat without the map editor so I can at least play.

*OMG! Update again!?!?!?* Alright, another observation. Soldat only crashes after I try using the map editor. If I run it before running the map editor it runs just fine.

Import Killer
November 18, 2004, 5:32 am
hi, you cant have the the two programs running at the same time, thats why u get a black screen in the map maker, like if u have map maker open, and start working on another app, especially soldat ones, it will stop working.
Chris

Elephant_Hunter
November 18, 2004, 6:01 am
Try using openMapper. It has options to run soldat from it's menu.

Airpi
November 18, 2004, 3:52 pm
Hmm, I dont think I had them running at the same time... Il just try open Mapper then.

*update*
Yeah, open mapper tells me that it cannot initialize directX graphics either, and the 16 bpp thing as well.

Airpi
November 20, 2004, 2:08 pm
[quote]Originally posted by AirpiHmm, I dont think I had them running at the same time... Il just try open Mapper then.

*update*
Yeah, open mapper tells me that it cannot initialize directX graphics either, and the 16 bpp thing as well.

*update* VICTORY! After Gunbound crashed on my brother, he re-installed the graphics drivers, and whadayaknow it works!