( search forums )
MMOG's
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Magniitude
November 17, 2004, 12:35 am
Considering Liber Lupus' picture game thread, i've come up with another. What are some of your top rated free mmog/mmorpgs? Include the name of game, a brief summary,what type of game it is, and maybe a screenshot if you choose.

Also, please tell us if its a browser or downloadable game and the link to where to get it.

I hope that this will broaden everyone's view on what good free games out there, like SOLDAT, and get to enjoy them without spending the $$.

This is an example of how to do it:

Game: Conquer Online
Browser/client: Client
type: MMORPG

Summary:

"In the mythical and ancient Kungfu circle, there was an evil guild that had risen in power and dominated the once peaceful world. Living under its terror, a group of courageous men and women gathered as one to improve their skills to fight against the evil guild and set forth to return justice back to the people.

Experience the ancient Chinese Kungfu and magic, enjoy the endless beautiful scenery and mythical environment in which you can develop your own character and interact with other real-life and imaginary beings. This marvelous MMOG (Massively Multi-user Online Game) conquers the hearts of millions of players.

The game's finely drawn 2D backgrounds and advanced 3D effects bring your character and its surroundings to life.

Sophisticated equipment system with exotic ancient weapon and customized motions designed for each weapon. A lot of treasured gems are waiting for you to explore, which will grant unimaginable power to its owner.

There are four character types to choose from: gallant Trojan, righteous Warrior, unsurpassable Archer, resourceful Taoist, which are customized with unique weapons and skill. Each can access numerous levels and grow in skills and abilities. Trojan is good at two-handed weapon and close combat, Warrior is adept in the use of all kinds of weapons and combat skills, Archer can hit a target in a flash, Taoist specializes in magic, such as casting spell, summoning, blessing, etc.

In this dangerous world, you will encounter quite a lot of aggressive and ferocious monsters with levels up to 120. They may attack you with their sharp teeth, iron fists and powerful weapons. It?s time for you to prove your ability and gain recognition. Just slay them by using your powerful gemmy weapons, splendid XP skills, and supernatural magic...

Real-time unlimited PK with red-name and black name scoring system.

Complete guild system with multiple levels

Participate in large-scale city battle.

You can also chat, make friends, get married, create powerful guild and change your appearance as you like. "

(summaries don't have to be this long, this was copied directly from the website.)

Screens: [IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Hercule Poirot
November 17, 2004, 6:39 am
that looks kinda sweet :P

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 17, 2004, 7:11 am
yeah its a great game, until you reach level 40 or so....

Magniitude
November 17, 2004, 11:21 pm

I haven't it much myself. It was a bit chuggy and confusing. The font was also really small so you had to squint to read it.

STEELIX
November 17, 2004, 11:41 pm
I'm playing it at the moment actually.. I think it's really good fun :)

Though the lvl 100 people randomly pk-ing people can be a tee bit annoying...

Magniitude
November 18, 2004, 1:36 am
Thats true also...

LumpyFerret
November 19, 2004, 12:17 am
fung wan online i played for awhile..

but it was stupid..

just constantly killing random monsters to level up..

and waiting for wars..all the while having a weak ass crappy first character..

Shyo
November 19, 2004, 6:03 am
I'm waiting for my pre-ordered version of WoW

sure its not free, but..

theres another one, Risk Your Life:

ryl.net

I dont know how it is, still dling

m00`
November 19, 2004, 6:26 am
haha Shyo RYL is the game it used to play, dont bother dling it, it got sooo boring after a while.

bintz2000
November 19, 2004, 6:34 am
Open Beta for world of warcraft was free and i loved it. Too bad the open beta ended today cause it rocked. I'm not going to have money for the retail version though. Did you make the beta signups Shyo?

LazehBoi
November 19, 2004, 8:44 am
Priston Tale is pretty nice...

eng.pristontale.com

Theres some screenies on the site... and stuff... I dunno what else there is, Mu is crap, Runescape is craptacular. :x

Deleted User
November 20, 2004, 3:23 pm
Runescape rules!!!11!!
Java client, you can play it with any browser that supports Java.

Magniitude
November 20, 2004, 3:33 pm
Runescape sucks!!! I've played it for a while, but it's boring and repetitive. And you can't say Massachusetts without it being cnesored :)

Shyo
November 20, 2004, 3:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by bintz2000Open Beta for world of warcraft was free and i loved it. Too bad the open beta ended today cause it rocked. I'm not going to have money for the retail version though. Did you make the beta signups Shyo?

im european and theres a pre-ordered version here, like, you buy it now,
can play 1-2 months for free, and then you dont have to buy the full version ^^

n00bface
November 20, 2004, 4:04 pm
I'm going to be playing WoW...I used to be an MMORPG freak..mu online, cronous, knight-online, everquest, ragnarok, etc...
The best one I ever played was cronous, cuz I started about it when it came out and was the highest level on Coeliss server and founded the second guild :OoO

bucky_brad
November 20, 2004, 7:27 pm
anyone know if WoW will be ok to play with a 56k?

Magniitude
November 20, 2004, 7:48 pm
I think you CAN, but todays online games are best played with a DSL connection or higher.

Kamikaze_Ninja
November 22, 2004, 12:46 am
lineage 2 (priv servs) ragnarok (priv servs again) maple story (all 2d) and some other crap I don't remember

Magniitude
November 22, 2004, 12:48 am
Free games????

Yin_Starrunner
November 22, 2004, 1:33 am
I don't like MMORPGs. Just leveling up, woooo...

[EDIT] If you want to download this game but the servers are way to slow, go to www.conqueronline.info and download there.
I went from 50 hours to 2!

This game better be good.... (grrrr)